Update:
https://github.com/leopard20/All-In-One-Command-Menu/releases/tag/v1.1.8-Beta

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1893300731

v1.1.8

# Added:
* CBA Controls for Super Pilot mode. Note that you can only add 1 keybind. Also, key combos (e.g. Ctrl+A) are not supported. Even if you add a modifier key (Ctrl, Shift, Alt), the priority will be as follows: Shift > Ctrl > Alt > Key. So the key will always be ignored.
* CBA settings for disabling the cheats menu.

# Improved:
* Lots of code optimization for some engine event handlers, making them way faster (credits: @Dedmen, see here https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123355)

# Fixed:
* Broken animation handler (e.g. units couldn't mount vehicles, drag units, etc.)
* Super pilot: Don't take off while units are disembarking!
* Super Pilot: accTime (time acceleration) was being applied to the velocity, which would result in explosion during landing if time acceleration was 4x!
* Pilot mode: Engine would be turned on if player disembarked.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

This AI thing looks really exciting, now I'm not assuming it does all these stuff work 100% of the time flawlessly, but it still seem to be a load of things vanilla AI refuse to do before.

I'm not familiar with enhanced movement, but all direction strafing AI? That's unheard of! Wonder how and under what circumstances they do that. I'd also really like to see more about how your AI navigate building, are you saying your AI's throwing navigation mesh out of the wind and pathing...humanly, and managing level of exposure for CQB situations? And did I see AI "recognizing cover objects" for my lack of more technically accurate description at the end?! What's your AI been smoking for f@ch's sake?! It would be crazy even if they use rock 10% of the time right.

Now I didn't quite catch what you did with AI targeting, but it sounds to me you got them to be more accurate across the board. I do hope you retain the ability to configure AI to have lower accuracy through difficulty and AI skill, or turn it of individually. While on the topic of target, I wonder if you have looked into potential some form(maybe emulated) of weapon resting for AI if you got them to hug the rocks and low walls properly half of the time. Also if you're interested AI's behavior with launcher, especially related to movement, stance and weapon swapping.

On an entirely personal note though I'm a bit concerned about it's compatibility with a certain other (long abandoned)AI micromanagement tool that's indispensable to me in SP thus far. I'd hate having to choose at the end of day when there are two equally game changing mods.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, mmm said:

And did I see AI "recognizing cover objects" for my lack of more technically accurate description at the end?! What's your AI been smoking for f@ch's sake?! It would be crazy even if they use rock 10% of the time right.

They've just been eating my brain! 😉

Yes they can adjust their stance (including "intermediate stances", e.g. couching high/low/left/right) according to the type of cover and how much they're being suppressed.

19 hours ago, mmm said:

I'd also really like to see more about how your AI navigate building, are you saying your AI's throwing navigation mesh out of the wind and pathing...humanly, and managing level of exposure for CQB situations?

Yes. That means they can move on top of any surface/object/building, etc. I've improved it further to support multiple story buildings and also detect window positions.
The accuracy of the mesh heavily depends on how well-defined the LODs are (I use GEOM and FIRE LODs). Some buildings have terrible lods, especially some CUP buildings and very few vanilla ones. You can even shoot through some of them!

19 hours ago, mmm said:

Now I didn't quite catch what you did with AI targeting

I created some sort of "aimbot" so that I could control the shots myself. At first I simply randomized the shots within the aim area (as in that video) according to the error factors (fatigue, suppression, weapon type, rate of fire, etc.). I've changed the randomness pattern now to make it look more realistic.

19 hours ago, mmm said:

weapon resting for AI

Sadly I don't think it's possible (at least not the way the players can do it). Weapon resting animations requires manual manipulation according to the watch angle of the player, plus it needs "seamless" transition between the animations (go to ANIMATION VIEWER in Editor, then Misc animations and look for bipod_... anims to see what I mean). The other problem is that deploying bipods doesn't work via scripts.

I have an idea to make it work (minus the bipod) so I might give it another shot later but don't get your hopes up.

19 hours ago, mmm said:

Also if you're interested AI's behavior with launcher, especially related to movement, stance and weapon swapping.

All of this stuff are naturally part of the new AI. Why would I call it a "human-like" AI if it couldn't do that stuff?!

19 hours ago, mmm said:

On an entirely personal note though I'm a bit concerned about it's compatibility with a certain other (long abandoned)AI micromanagement tool that's indispensable to me in SP thus far. I'd hate having to choose at the end of day when there are two equally game changing mods.

As a rule of thumb, as long as mods/missions use move commands (doMove, commandMove, etc.) to order the AI to move, there won't be any compatibility issues. I think it does apply to GetTactical. To put it more simply, if you see the unit's current command as "MOVE" (in the group bar), it will work.

Meanwhile, mods that use moveTo don't work (requires doStop first, as in my AIO Command Menu, so you see "STOP" in group bar).

I also have some "surprises" regarding the new AI; something I didn't think would be possible but managed to find a way regardless! But that'll have to wait till the next video!

• Like 2

So, just to be clear, this mod's AI works on a tactical level? Which, I'm guessing, means that strategic level AI such as HETMAN will still work?  

4 minutes ago, Bvandiver said:

So, just to be clear, this mod's AI works on a tactical level? Which, I'm guessing, means that strategic level AI such as HETMAN will still work?  

It probably does, yes.

• Like 1

That will certainly make for some interesting battles. Also, have you followed the work of the LAMBS AI team?  They're on a similar path to yours.

Just noticed you have your own "Tactical Satellite Feed", I assume geared towards utilizing the super AI feature? May I ask is there's an active pause feature and a free camera that allows you to examine terrain features and designate locations more precisely. Especially now your AI can walk on any part of the building(also not limited to walking speed it appears?!) the ability to designate a particular position for AI in a building will be absolutely mind blowing. Probably also have AI semi-autonomously doing peeking over window/balcony ledge, under your command?!

13 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

Sadly I don't think it's possible (at least not the way the players can do it). Weapon resting animations requires manual manipulation according to the watch angle of the player, plus it needs "seemless" transition between the animations (go to ANIMATION VIEWER in Editor, then Misc animations and look for bipod_... anims to see what I mean). The other problem is that deploying bipods doesn't work via scripts.

I have an idea to make it work (minus the bipod) so I might give it another shot later but don't get your hopes up.

@Bvandiver

19 hours ago, Bvandiver said:

That will certainly make for some interesting battles. Also, have you followed the work of the LAMBS AI team?  They're on a similar path to yours.

I have. But their path is completely different. It's just an enhanced vanilla AI. Mine is a completely new AI.

@mmm

15 hours ago, mmm said:

Just noticed you have your own "Tactical Satellite Feed", I assume geared towards utilizing the super AI feature?

My Super AI is based on and motivated by TSF (it's my last year's work). At the moment I don't recommend using that one though, because of some annoying bugs. But as you said I plan to rewrite it to make it compatible with Super AI to give you better control over them.

15 hours ago, mmm said:

May I ask is there's an active pause feature and a free camera that allows you to examine terrain features and designate locations more precisely.

Not at the moment, but maybe I'll implement that feature after the rewrite. The current TSF is more like an RTS mode.

15 hours ago, mmm said:

also not limited to walking speed it appears?!

That's the whole point of making a new AI. I didn't want to deal with the vanilla AI's restrictions anymore!

15 hours ago, mmm said:

the ability to designate a particular position for AI in a building will be absolutely mind blowing. Probably also have AI semi-autonomously doing peeking over window/balcony ledge, under your command?!

Those features are already implemented (to some extent).

On 11/15/2019 at 12:18 AM, Leopard20 said:

I also have some "surprises" regarding the new AI; something I didn't think would be possible but managed to find a way regardless! But that'll have to wait till the next video!

This is pretty tantalizing considering what you've already seemingly done with the AI. BI should seriously consider bringing you on board as you really have a knack for appetizing production. From the much nicer Action/Command menu to even just the colors you use in your adverts - just makes you want to start up a new game in a refreshing way

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello, I HIGHLY recommend making a discord channel, even if the mod is still indev it will provide us with the ability to check on the mod more.S peaking of which, any updates on the AI?

On 11/17/2019 at 9:24 AM, ZeekPlayzYT said:

I HIGHLY recommend making a discord channel,

I don't think I have enough time to moderate one.

On 11/17/2019 at 9:24 AM, ZeekPlayzYT said:

Speaking of which, any updates on the AI?

There have been many new features. 

I have rewritten the path generation functions from the scratch, both the one for open terrain and the one for buildings, to fix some of their fundamental problems.

I've made some tweaks to the shooting function to make the bullet dispersion look more realistic (the old one was too random, as you see in the video)

There have been many improvements to the movement, especially when moving around corners.

The suppression and cover system have been improved as well.

At the moment I'm doing some code optimizations to increase the current limit of super AI (~30 for above 60 FPS, which isn't good).

I'm also investigating something I discovered recently. 

I'm also gonna add a control panel which gives you full control over (almost) all aspects of the AI (accuracy, path generation parameters, etc.)

Once I've completed the above, I'll probably release another video to show you the new features.

After this, I'll work on the teamwork aspect of the AI to make sure they can work together as a team. I've already added a few of these features.

After this the mod will be ready for a preview release, if I decide to have one. Otherwise you'll have to wait for the full release (after proper testing is done and I've added MP compatibility)

• Like 5

I'll certainly be looking forward to your revamped command system as well, hopefully with a pause function. Given the typical ARMA 3 firefight duration you can probably see how micromanage AI with an elaborate command system in real time can be very unwieldy.

One thing I've meant to ask is how did you manage to make AI recognize a "cover" and use one semi properly, if you can give the gist in layman's term that is? I wouldn't assume they can do what you showed in your video 100% of the time with any objects without misfire, but given where the AI has been so far it's still an improvement I didn't think possible in this iteration of ARMA. If I didn't over interpret the cover taking ability of AI shown in your video you gotta highlight it more your next one, I'd personally consider it one of the most significant feature on par with the pathfinding. And can you tell me definitively at 6:37 the AI was dynamically clearing the building in your video, not some sort of false advertising? That's really... HUMAN? The way it moved, the speed it moved, the direction it watched.

13 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

At the moment I'm doing some code optimizations to increase the current limit of super AI (~30 for above 60 FPS, which isn't good).

I was kinda expecting it to tank the performance with AI doing all those crazy stuff, bad guys probably don't need to be that smart.😁 If they do they don't need it outside combat. You might consider some sort of dynamic activation to save performance? And do you think it is possible to make (a limited number of) AI even smarter by trading even more performance with you current implementation😈?

11 hours ago, mmm said:

One thing I've meant to ask is how did you manage to make AI recognize a "cover" and use one semi properly, if you can give the gist in layman's term that is?

For buildings, it's a combination of  partitioning (where the "rooms" are) + visibility raycasts. For open terrain (taking cover behind objs) I just use the visibility raycasts.

11 hours ago, mmm said:

And can you tell me definitively at 6:37 the AI was dynamically clearing the building in your video, not some sort of false advertising? That's really... HUMAN? The way it moved, the speed it moved, the direction it watched.

It was neither 100% fake nor 100% real. I had to define the cover position for the AI (at that time the building meshing wasn't complete, so cover positions couldn't be found) so that part was pre-planned but the path finding, movement and peaking around the corner was done by the AI without any tampering on my end!

11 hours ago, mmm said:

I was kinda expecting it to tank the performance with AI doing all those crazy stuff, bad guys probably don't need to be that smart.😁 If they do they don't need it outside combat. You might consider some sort of dynamic activation to save performance? And do you think it is possible to make (a limited number of) AI even smarter by trading even more performance with you current implementation😈?

That's how Super AI functions right now, i.e it doesn't activate for all units. It uses dynamic activation. Plus what good would it do to use it for distant units?! It's a CQB AI which is meant to give the AI near player (particularly your own squad) behave more human-like for immersion.

Obviously they're gonna be much smarter. I'm trying to minimize the performance cost.

I had left a comment re High Command on steam workshop but I see you prefer comments here. First, this is an excellent mod. Very very useful

Re HC. I placed a mortar group  and a helicopter an myself on map. No one grouped to me.  I went into HC brought up your menu and selected the mortar group as Support HC.  The mortar guy setup but no support option for the artillery appeared either when I was in the HC mode or normal mode.  However when I did the same for the helicopter and selected the heli as a heli CAS the support options appeared bothe for the mortar artillery and for the heli CAS. So at that point I appeared to have both supports but the artillery didn't appear until I created the heli support.

I then tried to order an artillery support attack on a hill I could see. The mortar reported accepting the target and that rounds were inbound. However the mortar did not fire at all and no splash was ever reported or seen. I then ordered CAS from the heli to the same spot. Heli took of and flew the area fine. Eventually the heli RTB. At that point the mortar reported rounds complete but no splash still ever reported or seen at the designated spot. Is there something buggy about the way the mortar is nbneing handled by the mod? I haven't tried the same with other artillery yet. Many thanks for any answer you can give and for what is an awesome mod.

( no other mods used all assets vanilla)

24 minutes ago, The Real Bunc said:

I had left a comment re High Command on steam workshop but I see you prefer comments here. First, this is an excellent mod. Very very useful

Re HC. I placed a mortar group  and a helicopter an myself on map. No one grouped to me.  I went into HC brought up your menu and selected the mortar group as Support HC.  The mortar guy setup but no support option for the artillery appeared either when I was in the HC mode or normal mode.  However when I did the same for the helicopter and selected the heli as a heli CAS the support options appeared bothe for the mortar artillery and for the heli CAS. So at that point I appeared to have both supports but the artillery didn't appear until I created the heli support.

I then tried to order an artillery support attack on a hill I could see. The mortar reported accepting the target and that rounds were inbound. However the mortar did not fire at all and no splash was ever reported or seen. I then ordered CAS from the heli to the same spot. Heli took of and flew the area fine. Eventually the heli RTB. At that point the mortar reported rounds complete but no splash still ever reported or seen at the designated spot. Is there something buggy about the way the mortar is nbneing handled by the mod? I haven't tried the same with other artillery yet. Many thanks for any answer you can give and for what is an awesome mod.

( no other mods used all assets vanilla)

Thank you.

Hmm. I'm not sure what's going on. I had encountered and fixed the same issue with support not appearing before. I'll have to take another look at it.

As for the artillery not firing rounds, there was this time where I'd created an artillery support group (M4 Scorcher) and ordered them to fire, but because the vehicle was engaging some units, it didn't fire any rounds until the targets were annihilated. This could be the same case but again I'm not sure. Perhaps setting the group's behavior to Careless will help?

Im using a very bare setup. Just me, and the groups I identified. Im getting error reports when registering the groups as high command support groups but the heli certainly worked. I just tried with a scorcher and it worked. I got error reports as it registered but when I gave the scorcher a target it accepted the target and did fire shells and I saw splash. Nothing with the MK6 though.  So its working other than with the MK6 but I am getting error reports as they register. My setup for this is entirely vanilla, no mods at all and no active combat going on. No behaviour etc set by me, just units as they are plopped down. Im using the workshop version.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/5hweam2pa40cuha/AdvMenu01bug.png 

Sorry , Im not sure how to embed an image here. Here is the error report when simply registering a helicopter as CAS through HC. Youll see it did register as a support but gave this error.

2. Again fresh start tried to register scorcher through HC and get this error message. The scorcher does register and work though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrcfcszv7e5p1fh/advbug02.png

3. When fresh start and trying first to register a mortar group it doesn't work until I register the heli or the scorcher but mortar wont ever fire.  Hope this helps.

54 minutes ago, The Real Bunc said:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/5hweam2pa40cuha/AdvMenu01bug.png 

Sorry , Im not sure how to embed an image here. Here is the error report when simply registering a helicopter as CAS through HC. Youll see it did register as a support but gave this error.

2. Again fresh start tried to register scorcher through HC and get this error message. The scorcher does register and work though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrcfcszv7e5p1fh/advbug02.png

Those errors are from vanilla functions. Not mine (BIS_....). But I probably don't do something right that these errors pop up. 

54 minutes ago, The Real Bunc said:

3. When fresh start and trying first to register a mortar group it doesn't work until I register the heli or the scorcher but mortar wont ever fire.  Hope this helps.

Probably because the unit isn't ready. I'll see if I can fix it.

• Like 1

Leopard - Problem solved. I went into the CBA settings and noticed that you have a "create high command module" setting. I hadn't realised that this required to be set to on and had assumed it was working "out of the box".  When I ran the above tests having set that on all the above worked fine with no error messages at all. The MK6 mortar team also fired and I saw splash ( although they didn't look as though they had actually fired they did in fact do so this time. So all good. Might be worth pointing out in the instructions that this setting needs to be set to on so you don't get bothered by numpties like me. Great Mod!

Edit: A bit of further testing - the MK6 team is still a bit buggy. The first time I gave them a target it worked and splash reported and seen but no sign that the mortar itself actually fired. When I tried to get them to fire again they took the target, reported rounds delivered but again n signs of any rounds fired and no this time no splash seen.  The mortar just then stayed in that state and didn't refresh to allow further support requests. 

Edit 2: The above refers to a MK6 mortar team btw. I just tried with a MK6 placed as a crewed turret and it worked fine. So its the mortar group that's proving bit quirky.

11 hours ago, The Real Bunc said:

Leopard - Problem solved. I went into the CBA settings and noticed that you have a "create high command module" setting. I hadn't realised that this required to be set to on and had assumed it was working "out of the box".  When I ran the above tests having set that on all the above worked fine with no error messages at all. The MK6 mortar team also fired and I saw splash ( although they didn't look as though they had actually fired they did in fact do so this time. So all good. Might be worth pointing out in the instructions that this setting needs to be set to on so you don't get bothered by numpties like me. Great Mod!

Edit: A bit of further testing - the MK6 team is still a bit buggy. The first time I gave them a target it worked and splash reported and seen but no sign that the mortar itself actually fired. When I tried to get them to fire again they took the target, reported rounds delivered but again n signs of any rounds fired and no this time no splash seen.  The mortar just then stayed in that state and didn't refresh to allow further support requests. 

Edit 2: The above refers to a MK6 mortar team btw. I just tried with a MK6 placed as a crewed turret and it worked fine. So its the mortar group that's proving bit quirky.

Ok. Thanks for the test.

Update:

https://github.com/leopard20/All-In-One-Command-Menu/releases/tag/v1.1.9-Beta

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1893300731

* Changed the name of some menu items for clarity
* Minor code optimizations (probably will help the issue with "lag" that someone reported on the Workshop)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi Leopard,

any update on the project and timeline? Still one of my favourite mods for Arma!

Thanks!

38 minutes ago, rainbow47 said:

Hi Leopard,

any update on the project and timeline? Still one of my favourite mods for Arma!

Thanks!

Hi.

No. I'm a bit busy so I might push back the release date by a few weeks.

In the next couple of weeks, I'll try to find some free time to complete the feature set for the 2nd milestone (what I mentioned in a few comments back) and publish a video to show you what's done so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know if, by default,  this is compatible with East Wind campaign?

Or if it requires some specific configuration

Hello 🐆 leopard, I'm new here. 

Would you suggest me to run this mod alone without any other addon, or can i run it with big mod like rhs, cup, bw, Spain mod, China mod? I read it work with Ace3 in comments earlier which is a very good news for me as i use ace no medical. I haven't play this add-on yet . I want to know does it make many improvements to the AI too? If so, is that means it will not work with Vcomai right? I've using vcom ai and PIR for some time, what should i do?

Thank you very much.