@Leopard20

Good talking with you over PM regarding building path-finding, etc.  What you are doing is incredibly inspiring, albeit kinda crazy.  I'm totally pulling for you and eagerly await your Super AI.

Quick questions.  Will it be possible to completely disable whatever you are doing medical and/or revive system wise?  My dynamic mission is not at all compatible with revive or similar (as I have my own custom "group linked respawn" in place).  Also while I know revive has many fans, imo the vanilla way of simple healing via health pack is important and has it's place too.  For instance as a basis for building one's own respawn system on top of, or for people who simply don't care for revive, etc.

Also, really hoping we can turn Super AI on and back off (reverting to vanilla AI) for any desired set of units (friendly or enemy) on-the-fly via script command in a clean way.  Like without any unfortunate unforeseen consequences (for example them getting stuck), etc.  Will this be possible?

(^ Having said that, I realize if we enabled Super AI on them and sent them into a building, we would no doubt will need to get them back outside again before switching them back to vanilla AI.)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, madrussian said:

@Leopard20

Good talking with you over PM regarding building path-finding, etc.  What you are doing is incredibly inspiring, albeit kinda crazy.  I'm totally pulling for you and eagerly await your Super AI.

Quick questions.  Will it be possible to completely disable whatever you are doing medical and/or revive system wise?  My dynamic mission is not at all compatible with revive or similar (as I have my own custom "group linked respawn" in place).  Also while I know revive has many fans, imo the vanilla way of simple healing via health pack is important and has it's place too.  For instance as a basis for building one's own respawn system on top of, or for people who simply don't care for revive, etc.

Also, really hoping we can turn Super AI on and back off (reverting to vanilla AI) for any desired set of units (friendly or enemy) on-the-fly via script command in a clean way.  Like without any unfortunate unforeseen consequences (for example them getting stuck), etc.  Will this be possible?

(^ Having said that, I realize if we enabled Super AI on them and sent them into a building, we would no doubt will need to get them back outside again before switching them back to vanilla AI.)

Thanks!

The revive stuff are activated using a cheat. Also, I know I said healing takes time but if you use the default multiplier (added in the next release), it will be no different than vanilla in terms of healing speed (it won't be instant, but the final result will be identical).

Note that this method of healing only works if you tell your AI to heal you using the menu. You can always use the vanilla one by, for example, pointing at a unit and selecting "Heal that soldier".

All that sounds good.  Just to clarify, by revive I mean that upon wounded player lies there incapacitated, waiting to be healed by another player or friendly AI, etc.

If our mission isn't using revive, for example if we have description.ext set up like this:

respawn = "None";
respawnDelay = 0;
respawnOnStart = 0;
respawnDialog = 0;
respawnButton = 0;
respawnTemplates[] = {};

or like this:

respawn = "Base";
respawnDelay = 10e10;
respawnOnStart = 0;
respawnDialog = 0;
respawnButton = 0;
respawnTemplates[] = {};

And then we play our mission with your "All-in-one Command Menu" and "Super AI" components, incapacitation/revive (or some form of it) won't suddenly start happening, correct?

21 minutes ago, madrussian said:

All that sounds good.  Just to clarify, by revive I mean that upon wounded player lies there incapacitated, waiting to be healed by another player or friendly AI, etc.

If our mission isn't using revive, for example if we have description.ext set up like this:

or like this:

And then we play our mission with your "All-in-one Command Menu" and "Super AI" components, incapacitation/revive (or some form of it) won't suddenly start happening, correct?

If for some reason you become incapacitated (lifeState you == "INCAPACITATED"), the medics can revive you ("you setUnconscious false"). My mod doesn't add anything to make you "revivable" by default (unless you use the cheat, which adds a handleDamgae EH to prevent your damage from reaching 1).
If your mission doesn't use revive, there's nothing to worry about. Just note that my mod isn't MP compatible yet.

• Thanks 1

Update:

https://github.com/leopard20/All-In-One-Command-Menu/releases/tag/v1.1.4-Beta

# Added:
* Replaced the menu item "Make units playable" with a new sub menu which lists all commanding menus (move, target, etc.). You can also change whether you want the vanilla or customized menus in CBA settings.
Note: "Make units playable" has been moved into the cheats submenu.
* Medical: A new setting called "Healing speed multiplier" has been added which allows you to adjust the healing speed for medics. I recommend you use a value above 0.5 otherwise it will be too slow.

# Fixed:
* HC Menu: High command couldn't be accessed if another unit was the hcLeader.
* Medical: Fixed other cases where the medic icon wouldn't disappear.
* Medical: Fixed using too many FAKs during self-heal.
* Medical: Workaround for a game bug which didn't update getDammage along with hit point damages, which resulted in healing taking too long,
* Super pilot: "Landing" on water was broken.
* Super pilot: Added soft landing to prevent damage to the helicopter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Did i ever say that I love this mod 🙂

Two suggestions for the next update:

1) It would be nice if the map remains zoomed in when I activate Waypoint mode. Basically remembering the zoom level when I used the waypoint mode last time.

2) A hotkey for setting waypoints or allow to set waypoints by just clicking on the map.

Both things would help me to use waypoint mode as quick and fast as possible.

Thank you

• Like 2

After hours of testing I've found one little thing that is hard/annoying:
I can't order to a unit do deploy an UAV.
Or at least I didn't find a way to do it, unless I switch to that unit.

Can't wait for the SuperAI addon!

10 hours ago, MrStregatto said:

You can use the standard menu for that. Select the unit and press 6. Deploying the UAV should come up in the list.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 2:07 PM, MrStregatto said:

I'll see if it can be added.

• Like 1

Hey guys.

Since the updates have become less frequent and very irregular, I've decided to upload the mod to Steam Workshop for your convenience. You can subscribe here:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1893300731

Please note that this is only the All-in-one Command Menu. The full mod (All-in-one SP Project), which will include addons 2 and 3, will be uploaded separately.

• Like 7

BTW, someone reported that they would receive some error at startup when they used my mod, apparently because it is unsigned. Does it happen for anyone else?

On 10/3/2019 at 3:06 PM, Leopard20 said:

23 minutes ago, Leopard20 said:

BTW, someone reported that they would receive some error at startup when they used my mod, apparently because it is unsigned. Does it happen for anyone else?

no problems for me. 

sorry to bother you, but how are things progressing? Can’t wait to see the next update. Such a great mod!

8 hours ago, rainbow47 said:

no problems for me. 

sorry to bother you, but how are things progressing? Can’t wait to see the next update. Such a great mod!

Thanks for the feedback. 

I don't get any errors myself so I was wondering why this happened.

Progress is steady but slower than before. Mostly because I'm busier but also because I'm faced with more problems making the AI. This is an uncharted territory and I'm dealing with undocumented stuff so obviously I have to discover them by myself!

So far I've rewritten my path generation functions, both for open terrain and buildings. The one for open terrain would loop inside areas enclosed with walls and the one for buildings had several problems (couldn't make stairs properly, etc). The new one is much better and also enabled me to add new stuff for buildings. But more on that later!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Leopard20 said:

Thanks for the feedback. 

Progress is steady but slower than before. Mostly because I'm busier but also because I'm faced with more problems when making the AI. This is an uncharted territory and I'm dealing with undocumented stuff so obviously I have to discover them by myself!

So far I've rewritten my path generation functions, both for open terrain and buildings. The one for open terrain would loop inside areas enclosed with walls and the one for buildings had several problems (couldn't make stairs properly, etc). The new one is much better and also enabled me to add new stuff for buildings. But more on that later!

Very nice. I can imagine that this is a lot of work. Many thanks!

10 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

Thanks for the feedback. 

Progress is steady but slower than before. Mostly because I'm busier but also because I'm faced with more problems making the AI. This is an uncharted territory and I'm dealing with undocumented stuff so obviously I have to discover them by myself!

Was hoping whoevers in charge of AI at Dev studio would open up the vault and help yas out since you are chancing out there in uncharted waters. Good luck!!

• Thanks 1

i was playing around and i noticed few things 

if the Ai inside vehicles got hit they will disembark to heal and never get in again, which makes me hard to control my mobilized units

and the cba healing time slider doesnt seems to work for me, they heals me in few seconds either putting the slider all the way up or down the values dosent seem to apply, also im having difficulty with ordering wounded units 

13 minutes ago, AirShark said:

i was playing around and i noticed few things 

if the Ai inside vehicles got hit they will disembark to heal and never get in again, which makes me hard to control my mobilized units

and the cba healing time slider doesnt seems to work for me, they heals me in few seconds either putting the slider all the way up or down the values dosent seem to apply, also im having difficulty with ordering wounded units 

Thanks for the feedback. Will look into it.

Leopard, can you give some advice how to use you HC features?

3. High Command functions:

Recruiting + dismissing AI

Creating support groups from your own units (e.g. CAS, Artillary, etc.)

Monitoring squad units.

Selecting squad leader.

For some reason STRG+Space doesn’t do anything. I also tried it while the map is open and and the waypoint map is up but it doesn’t work. 

Also what does „monitoring squad units mean“?

Thank you for your help

rainbow

1 hour ago, rainbow47 said:

Leopard, can you give some advice how to use you HC features?

3. High Command functions:

Recruiting + dismissing AI

Creating support groups from your own units (e.g. CAS, Artillary, etc.)

Monitoring squad units.

Selecting squad leader.

For some reason STRG+Space doesn’t do anything. I also tried it while the map is open and and the waypoint map is up but it doesn’t work. 

Also what does „monitoring squad units mean“?

Thank you for your help

rainbow

What is STRG?!

By default, you should use Ctrl+Space to go to high command mode. Check your controls (under Command) to find out what your current keybind is.

When in high command, the unit bar (at the bottom) changes to group bar. If you open the menu now, you go to HC Menu.

Monitoring means you can switch the camera to any of your squad members. You can't control them though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leopard20 said:

What is STRG?!

CTRL in German.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

CTRL in German.

Oh that's short for "Steuerung" then!

• Thanks 1

Found this mod after posted on the workshop, absolutely adore it and look forward to your super ai.

When I have two ai in an ah64-d from rhs, telling them to resupply from an ammo truck throws a script error when they should 'reload'. Something about magazines or something. It is able to refuel and repair itself fine (something I am excited about).

Is there a way to have the ai hover in position and not move? Normally vanilla ai will strafe enemies if they see them, while giving waypoints in your waypoint editor has them do a small circle at the destination. This is for a full ai helo, not one I am gunning or flying in.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RainTwister said:

When I have two ai in an ah64-d from rhs, telling them to resupply from an ammo truck throws a script error when they should 'reload'. Something about magazines or something.

Thanks for the report. It's a typo. Will fix it in the next release.

4 hours ago, RainTwister said:

Is there a way to have the ai hover in position and not move? Normally vanilla ai will strafe enemies if they see them, while giving waypoints in your waypoint editor has them do a small circle at the destination. This is for a full ai helo, not one I am gunning or flying in.

Not really. If you enable Super Pilot and give them waypoints they might be able to hover better (Vehicle Commands > Vehicle Controls > Super Pilot).

5 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

Not really. If you enable Super Pilot and give them waypoints they might be able to hover better (Vehicle Commands > Vehicle Controls > Super Pilot).

I've played around with this some more. Findings:

1. Ai are sometimes wonky in a full ai helo (ai pilot and Gunner) when trying to disengage a known target and do things like land or resupply. This is with super pilot, as without it they just try strafing the target. Sometimes it does wide circles around it's desired landing spot and sometimes will "fake land" where it taps the ground and gives up, only to try again in the same spot 10 seconds later. This went on for 5 mins. Vanilla nato attack helo trying to rearm.

2. In super pilot mode, in a regroup order at 10m altitude using column formation, the ai helicopter will continually face the direction the player is if the helo is directly above the player. I could turn left or right and the helo turned to face with me. Turning around caused it to do a 180 and coast off to my side. This was very interesting as a way to get the helo to "track the player" when it was not facing the right way.

3. Under most situations, super pilot ai will properly hold still if given the 'stop' order in the desired direction. I do not have a way to make them turn on the spot without giving them a waypoint/move order, canceling it, and quickly telling the pilot to 'stop'. This is all done with a juicy target in front of the helo to make sure it dosent revert to vanilla and play strafing simulator. However for the most part I answered my original question, placing pilot in super pilot and stopping it will cause them to properly hover.

This mod is incredibly intriguing and I may continue investigating ai performance and behavior.

• Like 1

I just encountered a weird glitch. I was in a helicopter with all my teammates (AI). When arrived I jumped out and ordered them to disembark (via AIO menu). They left their seats, but still stayed in the heli, but that one suddenly flew up and landed again. Now all AI mates are stuck in the helicopter and refuse to get out, no matter what I do. I had to reload to fix it.. Oh, and super pilot was disabled (I've disabled it because the heli didn't land and just hovered above the LZ).

Edit: It also seems that everytime I try to order them to enter the heli using the vanilla command, something weird happens. Like the helicopter suddenly falls to the side and throws all AI men out, then explodes or whatever.