3 hours ago, knocks said:

I did notice that I was not able to make selections from the All-In-One Command Menu as I can in the custom menus.

Note that navigation with Numpad keys is an optional feature which must be turned on in CBA settings manually.

Are you sure you enabled it in CBA settings? 

Thanks, I had missed it, I was looking in the key bindings not the mod options. Works great thank you again for adding the additional feature so quickly it’s much appreciated.

Brilliant mod! Thanks for your work Leopard. I am using it in combination with C2. 

One thing which I realised, there is a slight delay until the menu open (about 1-2 sec). Is this on purpose? Is it possible to make it faster?

1 hour ago, rainbow47 said:

Brilliant mod! Thanks for your work Leopard. I am using it in combination with C2. 

One thing which I realised, there is a slight delay until the menu open (about 1-2 sec). Is this on purpose? Is it possible to make it faster?

Thanks.

I think this delay usually happens when the game tries to load the images for the first time (if it's not already cached), so if you put the game on an SSD the menu might open faster.

The code itself is as fast as it could possibly be. I suppose I can somehow "pre-load" the menus so they could open faster. (some menus use "dynamically created" images though, such as weapons, explosives, etc. so those can't be helped)

Thank you Leopard. I have the game on SSD. As you said, it is probably related to the dynamic generation of pictures. It‘s just a small think. Just realised that they open slower than ARMA‘s context menus. 

Like the option to bind „Fire on my Lead“ to hotkey. Any chance to add „Fite at Will“ as well to switch between both commands by hotkey?

just out of interest, what are the other 2 addons you are working on?

17 minutes ago, rainbow47 said:

just out of interest, what are the other 2 addons you are working on? 

Those two addons will add more capabilities to the AI. Making them follow orders better and more reliable during battle. Basically I'm creating a new AI. I don't mean like the current AI mods such as VCOM, TCL and ASR AI. I actually mean a NEW AI. ADDON #2 targets the player's squad and ADDON #3 is about teamwork between all squads on the map, plus more gameplay options. 

I'll post some videos and pictures when they reach a more presentable state.

18 minutes ago, rainbow47 said:

Like the option to bind „Fire on my Lead“ to hotkey. Any chance to add „Fite at Will“ as well to switch between both commands by hotkey?

Sure, will do.

Wow, really impressive stuff. Love the work you‘re doing. Let me know if you need another beta tester 😉

and thanks for adding the hotkeys!

• Thanks 1

I can’t find a manual and was wondering what the options “Auto Target” and “Follow Target” exactly do?

4 hours ago, rainbow47 said:

I can’t find a manual and was wondering what the options “Auto Target” and “Follow Target” exactly do?

Auto target makes AI stop targeting enemies on their own. It's only useful when you're in stealth mode. I added this because the AI kept stopping to target enemies when I was on the move. 

It's not going to be a problem with the new AI I'm creating though. So I'll remove it then.

Follow target makes them follow something (vehicle, soldier, etc.). You have to point at the target and then select this command.

It's an old function from the original WW mod. I made some improvements a long time ago and I'm not sure if it's broken or not after the rewrite (haven't used it much to be honest)

Thank you, very helpful. 

Think the Follow Target feature has a bug. Eg, I ask my AI teammates follow another member in the group but only one of them follow him while the others stand still. Guess it’s low priority to fix it. 

Really like this mod and looking forward to    see the new AI in action!

IfI could change one thing, it is still the responsiveness of the menus. For easy tasks I still use the Arma menus because they pop up instantly. I feel like in the heat of the battle you want instant response from your units. 

Hi,

I want to share an obervation regarding the delay when i open the AIO menus. 

The delay only exists with certain key binds. For example if I bind the Move Menu to SHIFT+Q I get a delay. When i bind it to 1 or SHIFT+1 it works perfectly. 

I know it sounds strange but perhaps you can replicate it on your side. 

51 minutes ago, rainbow47 said:

Hi,

I want to share an obervation regarding the delay when i open the AIO menus. 

The delay only exists with certain key binds. For example if I bind the Move Menu to SHIFT+Q I get a delay. When i bind it to 1 or SHIFT+1 it works perfectly. 

I know it sounds strange but perhaps you can replicate it on your side. 

Ah. Now I know what you mean!

I added a waitUntil to make sure the menu opens after the vanilla menu is opened (otherwise the vanilla menu would cover my menu). The waitUntil code waits for at most 1 second before opening the custom menu regardless. That's why you see a delay.

I forgot that some people might not want to use the same keys as the vanilla menus. I'll fix it in the next release. Thanks for the report.

• Like 1

Is this going to replace or supplement TSF? Because there's suggestions I have for that mod and for this mod as well but I don't know how deep you're going to go with this... Also there are some bugs I'd like to report, I think they're obvious but thought I'd share them anyway: 1. Executing copy my stance (1, 3, 2) with hold fire on causes AI to come out of hold fire and into open fire
2. Conflicts with the stances with copy my stance on and telling AI to go prone (for example)
3. Code errors when telling units to take cover in areas where no wall is present (like forests or open plains)

10 minutes ago, E_bag17 said:

Is this going to replace or supplement TSF? Because there's suggestions I have for that mod and for this mod as well but I don't know how deep you're going to go with this

Neither. When I release my new AI mod, I'm going to remake TSF to make it compatible with my new AI.

11 minutes ago, E_bag17 said:

1. Executing copy my stance (1, 3, 2) with hold fire on causes AI to come out of hold fire and into open fire

Yes. I forgot to fix this.

There's one problem though; if you issue a hold fire command using the vanilla menus, there's absolutely no way to find out their combat mode using scripts. (see here: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/219039-how-to-find-a-units-combat-mode-in-players-squad/)

So it can't be fixed completely. I plan to make new command menus for my new AI (in different versions, such as vanilla style, etc.) to work around this.

18 minutes ago, E_bag17 said:

2. Conflicts with the stances with copy my stance on and telling AI to go prone (for example)

Can you explain in more detail please? What kind of conflict?

24 minutes ago, E_bag17 said:

3. Code errors when telling units to take cover in areas where no wall is present (like forests or open plains)

I tested this on a couple of terrains and different positions but can't reproduce it. Can you tell me the map and possibly the grid where this happened?

1. So for the stance conflict:

- If I set it to "copy my stance",

- then tell them to "stay crouched",

- what happens is that when I (as in my character) stands up and then press W to move forward, the AI stands up and then crouches back down (it looks like copy my stance and stay crouched are conflicting with each other).

- Then I would tell them to "stop copying my stance"

- and then tell them to "copy my stance" again but they are still crouched when I stand up.

2. For the code error in taking cover:

- The error appeared for me on Altis

- The grid coordinates for this are: between 058145 and 058146

3. I really like TSF. This mod and that mod are really good for what I want to do but TSF is really hard to control. I had the thought of using TSF for quicker, more local, and more precise commands and to get them out of sticky situations.

4. I forget to mention I also get an error when activating the remote driving, it works, it just has an error. It's not like the taking cover error where that doesn't work. I also would like an option where the remote driving/piloting can be activated on mission start like how Advanced AI Command did it.

1 hour ago, E_bag17 said:

1. So for the stance conflict:

- If I set it to "copy my stance",

- then tell them to "stay crouched",

- what happens is that when I (as in my character) stands up and then press W to move forward, the AI stands up and then crouches back down (it looks like copy my stance and stay crouched are conflicting with each other).

- Then I would tell them to "stop copying my stance"

- and then tell them to "copy my stance" again but they are still crouched when I stand up.

This conflict is due to the 'vanilla stance' not allowing the AI to change stance to scripted ones (setUnitsPos). If you want to use 'copy my stance', set their stance to 'Auto' first (this will reset the vanilla stance)

2. For the code error in taking cover:

- The error appeared for me on Altis

- The grid coordinates for this are: between 058145 and 058146

I assume you were using the waypoint version right? If so, I fixed it already. Will be available in the next release.

3. I really like TSF. This mod and that mod are really good for what I want to do but TSF is really hard to control. I had the thought of using TSF for quicker, more local, and more precise commands and to get them out of sticky situations.

Yeah. That's why I'm going to rewrite it. I want it to be simpler, like making the AI move with a single click, which is essential during combat. The path drawing will still be available.

Plus there are some bugs (AI moving through objects, bad movement, UI bugs, etc.) that make it kind of unusable at the moment. So far I've fixed the movement issues but I'm going to implement it in the new version of the mod.

4. I forget to mention I also get an error when activating the remote driving, it works, it just has an error. It's not like the taking cover error where that doesn't work.

It's a small issue with code suspension (sleep). Already fixed in the next version.

I also would like an option where the remote driving/piloting can be activated on mission start like how Advanced AI Command did it. 

Technically this isn't 'remote driving', because you still have to be in the vehicle!

I'm not sure if enabling it on mission start is a good idea. It might lead to some bugs because of the way I do it.

• Like 1

While you're at it, could you please restore the advance/stay back options  for squad instructions?

I miss them so much.

49 minutes ago, badanov said:

While you're at it, could you please restore the advance/stay back options  for squad instructions?

I miss them so much.

I had no idea anyone uses them! LOL

Yeah. Sure. I'll probably put them in a new submenu  though (along with flank left/right).

P.S: You do know that you can disable the custom menus, right? It's an optional feature.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

I had no idea anyone uses them! LOL

Yeah. Sure. I'll probably put them in a new submenu  though (along with flank left/right).

P.S: You do know that you can disable the custom menus, right? It's an optional feature.

LOL...I do use them all the time...

I found them very useful when traveling in hostile areas, I set my pointman (usually my marksman) to "advance",(so he can spot any movement ahead), my MG flank left, my Grenadier flank right (so they cross-fire) and my medic to "stay back".. in case anyone needs healing.

Until you put that menu back, I solved the issue by leaving the 1 key "vanilla". Anyway, getting them back will be a welcome addition.

• Like 1

Is there no way to make the "copy my stance" more reliable because it can really take you out of the moment, especially when you forget to reset the stance. I like the "copy my stance" mechanic in this. I think it's extremely useful in keeping units alive as they'll crouch when you crouch or prone when you prone especially under heavy fire. 

39 minutes ago, E_bag17 said:

Is there no way to make the "copy my stance" more reliable because it can really take you out of the moment, especially when you forget to reset the stance. I like the "copy my stance" mechanic in this. I think it's extremely useful in keeping units alive as they'll crouch when you crouch or prone when you prone especially under heavy fire. 

I suppose I can use the low priority setUnitPos commands. I'll have to test it to see if it works.

You'll still have to use the "Auto" stance to reset the vanilla stance though. There's nothing I can do about that.

Hello guys.

As promised, I made a small video about ADDON #2 and the new AI I'm creating for ARMA.

This is just the basics. There's still tons of work to be done.  A new squad leader, teamwork between members, improved combat and stealth behavior, etc. are only some of the features that I plan to add to Super AI.

I hope this time we can enjoy the AI!

P.S: My apologies for speaking so quietly during this video (I was practically whispering!)

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Amazing.  I really didn't think much of that was possible in ARMA.

• Like 2