52 minutes ago, Ukm111 said:

when units are selected, e.g. via the F-keys, Numpad keys (what exactly are the unit keys, under "Must Read" 3.2.2?)

By unit buttons I mean the UI buttons that you see at the bottom of the screen, which you can click on using the mouse.

first opens an Arma 3 selection menu. If you then press the AIOSP menu key, the Arma 3 menu will be replaced. Is this normal, or can it be turned off?

I don't understand what you mean.

Then I would still like it if more formations are added. Echelon left and right I find useful.

M and W are unfortunately not triggered with me.

Ok, will add those.

M and W have been removed and are not working yet.

P.S : If you use a translator (e.g. Google), next time try to post the original comment along with the English translation (to abide by the forum rules). I speak 7 languages so I'll probably understand your native language better!

P.S : If you use a translator (e.g. Google), next time try to post the original comment along with the English translation (to abide by the forum rules). I speak 7 languages so I'll probably understand your native language better! 

Google Translate:
Where can the forum be found? I only find the "Guidelines" and this is not written here ...
But certainly useful for a better understanding.

Orginal German:

Wo sind die Forenregeln zu finden? Ich finde nur die "Guidelines", und hier steht darüber nicht geschrieben...
Aber zum besseren Verständnis sicher nützlich.

2 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

By unit buttons I mean the UI buttons that you see at the bottom of the screen, which you can click on using the mouse. 

Oh, right, now I'll be clear again, before I was not clear that with UI yes a representation on the screen is meant.

Achso, jetzt wirds mir wieder klar, vorher war mir nicht klar das mit UI ja eine Darstellung auf dem Bildschirm gemeint ist.

I don't understand what you mean.

I have a video linked to it.
https://streamable.com/djhw2

I first select the unit, then it opens automatically, so by itself an Arma 3 Vanilla selection menu. Then I choose the button for the AIOSP menu. The Arma 3 Vanilla selection menu is replaced by the AIOSP menu.
Does not really bother, but would be more elegant if the AIOPS menu completely replaced the Arma 3 Vanilla menu.

Ich wähle zuerst die Einheit aus, dann öffnet sich schon automatisch, also von selbst ein Arma 3 Vanilla Auswahlmenü. Dannach wähle ich die Taste für das AIOSP Menü. Das Arma 3 Vanilla Auswahlmenü wird durch das AIOSP Menü ersetzt.
Stört eigentlich nicht weiter, wäre aber eleganter wenn das AIOPS Menü das Arma 3 Vanilla Menü komplett ersetzt.

Ok, will add those.

M and W have been removed and are not working yet.

Thank you.
And pls fix this with the Helicopter too 😄
See, if the translation is to be understood, my post above.

Landing with then Engine off
https://streamable.com/cby4e

Comat landing

https://streamable.com/ok7l9

• Like 1

Yep, I understand the German version better! 😉

7 hours ago, Ukm111 said:

Wo sind die Forenregeln zu finden? Ich finde nur die "Guidelines", und hier steht darüber nicht geschrieben...
Aber zum besseren Verständnis sicher nützlich.

https://forums.bohemia.net/guidelines/

Under "Moderation, bans and new accounts", it says that all posts must be in English. But I suppose posting in another language along with the translation is fine.

Ich wähle zuerst die Einheit aus, dann öffnet sich schon automatisch, also von selbst ein Arma 3 Vanilla Auswahlmenü. Dannach wähle ich die Taste für das AIOSP Menü. Das Arma 3 Vanilla Auswahlmenü wird durch das AIOSP Menü ersetzt.
Stört eigentlich nicht weiter, wäre aber eleganter wenn das AIOPS Menü das Arma 3 Vanilla Menü komplett ersetzt.

Right. That. Well, my goal was not to modify any vanilla content. So I've created separate menus. That's why you can easily disable these custom menus by simply unbinding their keys. If I modified the vanilla menus, some users that don't use them wouldn't be happy.

And pls fix this with the Helicopter too 😄
See, if the translation is to be understood, my post above.

Landing with then Engine off
https://streamable.com/cby4e

Comat landing

https://streamable.com/ok7l9

Funny, I see several bugs there:

1. The helicopter UI should've disappeared when you disembarked!

2. The helicopter started flying with engine off! 😅 Technically, you can fly anything using this script though, from a man to a car to the UFO (or AFO).

But I make sure the engine has warmed up before making the heli fly. Apparently there's some loophole here.

3. In the first video, the reason the helicopter started flying as soon as it touched the ground was because of vanilla AI taking over controls. They don't know they've landed yet! That's also why they don't open their landing gear in time (the helicopter lands without gear first, then opens the gear once it touches the ground). Anyway, I think I can improve this even further.

Like I said before, the Super Pilot mode is still experimental and issues like this are bound to happen (its primary use is to control the helicopter yourself, I added landing and slingloading because I liked how the super AI fly). For now, if you find these bugs annoying you can try switching off "Auto-enable Super Pilot" in settings.

Anyway, thanks for the report. I'll definitely look into it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leopard20 said:

https://forums.bohemia.net/guidelines/

Under "Moderation, bans and new accounts", it says that all posts must be in English. But I suppose posting in another language along with the translation is fine.

We also have the more detailed version of the rules: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/54604-forum-rules/

Yes as long as english translation is available it's fine o7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

Right. That. Well, my goal was not to modify any vanilla content. So I've created separate menus. That's why you can easily disable these custom menus by simply unbinding their keys. If I modified the vanilla menus, some users that don't use them wouldn't be happy.

For the longest time I resisted your newer versions and was still using the older WW mod with your update from some time ago.  I finally decided to update to your current revision and had this issue with the mod menus taking over the default Arma menus.  Crap!  Guess it's back to the old modset....then I discovered the settings and saw how customizable your new update is.  I changed some of the unit menus back but still use some of your other interfaces.  Absolutely fantastic and very quick to move through it.

Thanks for continuing to support the mod!

• Like 2

Thank you for your efforts, I am finding this mod to be very useful.

One request would be if it would be possible to navigate the menus using the numeric keypad. I am able to assign them to open the menus but am unable to make choices with them.

6 hours ago, knocks said:

Thank you for your efforts, I am finding this mod to be very useful.

One request would be if it would be possible to navigate the menus using the numeric keypad. I am able to assign them to open the menus but am unable to make choices with them.

Thanks.

There's nothing I can do about that one. It depends on your controls. I believe it's possible to change them from there. 

Thanks.

There's nothing I can do about that one. It depends on your controls. I believe it's possible to change them from there. 

That's odd i have no issues using the num-pad keys selecting commands using the standard command menus only all-in-one command menus. Thanks for your time.

34 minutes ago, knocks said:

That's odd i have no issues using the num-pad keys selecting commands using the standard command menus only all-in-one command menus. Thanks for your time.

Might be a game bug. The vanilla menus and these menus should behave exactly the same. 

I'll look into it.

13 minutes ago, Leopard20 said:

Might be a game bug. The vanilla menus and these menus should behave exactly the same. 

I'll look into it.

Hi, I just had a look at my key bindings, under command section I had to add num-pad bindings for Select Menu 1, Select Menu 2 etc…. Maybe if you add them to the mods key binding as you have done to open the Move Menu, Target Menu etc…

4 hours ago, knocks said:

Hi, I just had a look at my key bindings, under command section I had to add num-pad bindings for Select Menu 1, Select Menu 2 etc…. Maybe if you add them to the mods key binding as you have done to open the Move Menu, Target Menu etc…

Oh. I thought by navigation you meant going up and down!

Yeah. That can't be helped at the moment. I'll see if I can fix it.

LOVE the new features dude!!

-I really love the easy embark/disembark option, especially on the carrier deck. FINALLY, AI can move to vehicles on the deck without looking like a bunch of retards.

Now...maybe it's me being dumb and all, BUT:

-I embark my AI group on a fully crewed transport heli;

-I create a driver;

-I order the driver to move to a location;

-I order the pilot to land, and he does that;

PROBLEM: he's just sitting there, engine off.

- I try to use the "give waypoints" option, by giving him a "dro off" waypoint, followed by a "move" one (basically an RTB waypoint) but as soon as I'm out of the heli the driver obviously ungroup from me but he and  the crew disembark also, some while the chopper is still flying. Then the chopper sits there engine on.

QUESTION:

It's me being dumb, or there's a way that I can embark my group, create a driver, order him to drop us at a location and then move to another location and land?

Thank you, man!

• Thanks 1

All-in-one Command Menu (Deluxe) - v1.0.4-Beta

Added:
- You can now select menu items using both Numeric and Numpad keys. The option is available in CBA Settings.

Fixed:
- Custom Menus now use the same buttons as the ones defined in your controls.
- Fixed a loophole which caused the helicopters to fly with engine off.

2 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

LOVE the new features dude!!

-I really love the easy embark/disembark option, especially on the carrier deck. FINALLY, AI can move to vehicles on the deck without looking like a bunch of retards.

Now...maybe it's me being dumb and all, BUT:

-I embark my AI group on a fully crewed transport heli;

-I create a driver;

-I order the driver to move to a location;

-I order the pilot to land, and he does that;

PROBLEM: he's just sitting there, engine off.

- I try to use the "give waypoints" option, by giving him a "dro off" waypoint, followed by a "move" one (basically an RTB waypoint) but as soon as I'm out of the heli the driver obviously ungroup from me but he and  the crew disembark also, some while the chopper is still flying. Then the chopper sits there engine on.

QUESTION:

It's me being dumb, or there's a way that I can embark my group, create a driver, order him to drop us at a location and then move to another location and land?

Thank you, man!

Thanks for the report. Just one thing I don't get: Why did you create a driver? If it was for landing, it wasn't needed!

I made some changes related to this but didn't really test it. You can give it a try and let me know if it's fixed.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, zukov said:

@Leopard20 i apologize for the off topic but   what terrain is this?

QOsZi4oGQkh5y1Nl5V8ixsAeI6NwAKe_qa125rVT

No problem!

It's Isla Abramia.

• Like 1

Thanks for the report. Just one thing I don't get: Why did you create a driver? If it was for landing, it wasn't needed!

LOL...I really feel dumb now......

How would I manage that then?

I mean, boarding a manned helo, telling the pilot to drop me off somewhere and RTB?

49 minutes ago, zagor64bz said:

LOL...I really feel dumb now......

How would I manage that then?

I mean, boarding a manned helo, telling the pilot to drop me off somewhere and RTB?

If it's just yourself that you want dropped off, you can simply use a combat landing waypoint (though you should get in first because the pilot won't wait - I'll add a "wait" option later so the pilot waits for units to get in). Then add a second "Land - Engine off" waypoint at the base for RTB.

If you want the pilot to also disembark other units, use the "drop off" waypoint and the "Land - Engine off" waypoint after that.

Drop off basically means take these guys and disembark them there. In other words it's a combination of "Combat Landing + disembark non-essential (everyone except driver, gunner and commander)."

Sorry about the inconvenience. I should really post the tutorial video soon. I just don't find enough free time to complete it.

2 minutes ago, Leopard20 said:

you can simply use a combat landing waypoint.

Gotcha man, but how would I give the pilot a waypoint if it is not in my squad?

7 minutes ago, zagor64bz said:

Gotcha man, but how would I give the pilot a waypoint if it is not in my squad?

Oh. That's the problem then!

One option is to add his group as a Transport group.

The other option is to recruit him. When you're done with him just use the backup option to return him back to his squad.

What you did there (creating a driver) was actually a very creative method! I didn't think of that!

I think I use player's group as the "default group" in that script. I'll change it to the "pilot's group" to avoid issues.

8 minutes ago, Leopard20 said:

What you did there (creating a driver) was actually a very creative method! I didn't think of that!

One option is to add his group as a Transport group.

LOL..in my ignorance, I thought that the right way was:

-board a vehicle

-create a driver (add him to your squad)

-tell him where to go

-he drops you off, ungroups and continues with his life.

I guess it would be hard to preserve the last waypoint given after he ungroups?

"One option is to add his group as a Transport group."..HOW?

1 minute ago, zagor64bz said:

LOL..in my ignorance, I thought that the right way was:

-board a vehicle

-create a driver (add him to your squad)

-tell him where to go

-he drops you off, ungroups and continues with his life.

I guess it would be hard to preserve the last waypoint given after he ungroups?

Normally my tasking system doesn't care which group the unit belongs to. But I think if he's ungrouped, his "current command" resets in the process (changes to " ", which means empty, i.e. back to formation), which cues my mod that his task was cancelled.

In the next update I'll add a second condition so that the waypoints (or tasks) don't get canceled if the pilot is not in your group and his currentCommand is empty.

1 minute ago, Leopard20 said:

In the next update I'll add a second condition so that the waypoints (or tasks) don't get canceled if the pilot is not in your group and his currentCommand is empty.

:icon_dj:

3 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

No problem!

It's Isla Abramia.

thanks

13 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

"One option is to add his group as a Transport group."..HOW?

Sorry didn't see this.

Switch to high command (Ctrl + Space). Then open the menu. Now use the "Create Support Group (HC)" option. You'll have to know the name of the group though. But you can guess if it's the right group using both its icon and distance.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

Added:
- You can now select menu items using both Numeric and Numpad keys. The option is available in CBA Settings.

Fixed:
- Custom Menus now use the same buttons as the ones defined in your controls.
- Fixed a loophole which caused the helicopters to fly with engine off.

Thanks, I am now able to navigate the command menus using the num-pad flawlessly. I did notice that I was not able to make selections from the All-In-One Command Menu as I can in the custom menus.

Thank you for the updated version.