Connor Crawford

Having Proper Vigor Etiquette

So hey everyone. I just wanted to say something. 

Vigor is a game where you must CHOOSE your encounters. I think, as a community, we should leave unarmed players alone.

Think about it, unarmed players are trying to get loot and avoid other players. If you killed them they weren't doing anything but minding their own business. There's plenty of loot for everyone! No need to be mean to unarmed players who just want to play for fun.

Let's just be nice to the casuals who dont want to fight and just want to play yeah?

Do y'all agree?

• Like 1

While i don’t chase kills i believe in survival of the fittest.  In a post apocalyptic world you do anything survive. I also don’t want to find out the hard way they do have a gun lol.

• Like 1

I kill them because fav it there full of loot and if they find a gun they ain't gonna think twice

• Like 1

Agreed. If you enter the encounter unarmed, I'm afraid your fair game.

Shoot first ask questions later.

• Like 1

Sometimes u can't tell if u see there back if they even have a gun why should we guess twice and maybe die because we didn't want to shoot them. Maybe after they introduce VoIP but not before.

Too many people thinks this game is all about killing, sometimes you gotta have a little fun. My first funny experience was when I met a guy we both had weapons but instead killing each other we crouch spammed and went on our ways. Dont take this game too seriously. 

• Like 3

If they want to encourage players to not kill each other then they need to de-incentiveize killing other players. No XP or negative XP for killing unarmed players, players at a lower level, or players that waved at you. Maybe make it impossible for people who wave to each other to kill each other. They should also get rid of achievements that reward killing other players like "5 kills from within 10m.'

My question is about ambushes:

When is ambushing a player acceptable? I've been shot by people camping near the radio tower or the safe. I've been gunned down as I climb the stairs in a building. I've been shot in the back by a sniper with no warning. I've had plenty of times where I died with zero chance of running away or fighting back.

But I shot some dude climbing out of a hunting tower and he sent me a very salty DM. So is killing someone on a ladder considered dirty pool? With all the times I've been bushwhacked by other players my reading is that it's no holds barred.

Hi Sven, it would be nice if outlanders adopted a more relaxed style. But that will not attract players from other similar games, who have been weaned on fast action killing, and buying skins. I won't harp on about how good this game used to be. That ship has sailed, but you only have to look at the daily challenges. Since the update all my challenges are kill a certain number of outlanders with a certain weapon for a pretty poor reward.

That means that the vast majority of the current outlander crop won't pass on any easy kill to help complete their challenges.

And that also means some outlanders will enter an encounter to simply ambush others. And although movement speed has been turned up since the early days, there are still plenty of places that offer an opportunity to take out a stationary or slowed down outlander with any weapon in your stash.

My point is therefore this. It's now okay to kill another outlander in any way that you can, be him/her armed or not.

I remember one solitary encounter on grontheim post update where I was looting a fair bit of stuff and I went to barred to see if I could nab safe there was a guy to my surprise already there and we traded shots at first but I had a lot to lose. I attempted to say hey through emotes and stowed my weapon, to my surprise he did the same I backed off and let him have safe, he left an item in there for exp purposes I suspect and we parted ways amicably. Possibly the only time in a long time I’ve seen FairPlay, both of us had shit to lose and neither wanting to risk it all so we each took something out of that encounter. Touching moment but a rare one at that.

I’ll go as far as to not shoot anyone I encounter except to return fire when fired upon (that’s if I can be arsed to play at all). It’s also why I have adopted the loot and dismantle approach even when it comes to the drop of someone gonna sweat on me their not gonna get a prize I’ll make sure of it.

• Like 1

I think shooting first is ok, unless they "Hey!" at you. Then if they come out, and t-bag, then you can have a little "Hey!" party and be on your merry separate ways. 

• Like 1

I have had this happen to me a couple times and it was so pleasant to see someone else playing the same as I do. Made the game great for a change.

I know it’s an older thread but just wanted to share a cool story in which I bumped into an unarmed player and after some poor pot shots from my gold hand gun he gestured to me the traditional hey! Being the good guy I am I stopped firing and let him have timed safe, after I got the exp of course 😉 got sniped outside mind but still it was nice!

sometime, I let then go away..  sometime, I killed.  Why, just because VIGOR give me daily like kill 3 guys with headshot.  Do you see the improvement of december ??  GUNS and GUNS and GUNS...

instead of a container full of food for example, or others stuff, glass, steel etc, they give us weapon...  can someone understand the same think as me : killlll  just  killll.  VIGOR is going down to the road of APEX and other kind of morron game.

It is a bit frustrating especially if your not yet maxed on season pass and one main way of getting exp is with gathering resources and there are very little at times to be found  

I don't see too many friendly encounters when everyone just shoots the minute they see someone. From the day I started playing, no mercy shown to me and thus none from me either.

I'm not going to go into some ethical debate whether its right or wrong to kill an unarmed player.

What I will say is this, you decide your own loadout before you start a match, weighing up the pro's and con's of it. The obvious con to running around unarmed is that your completely defenceless....if you're going to make yourself vulnerable you should accept he consequences that come with it.

1) I can't tell if they are unarmed fast enough to not be shot by them.
2) I have had someone wave, I hesitated, they shot me.
3) This is a game about a post-apocalyptic world, in which you'd never be able to trust that any stranger you meet isn't trying to kill you and take your loot. It's not Farmville.

4) I don't care about none of you biotches in the real world, much less in a game? ;)
5) If you want a tea party, play the game with friends. It's an option.

6) Perhaps the developers could add a scavenger hunt encounter, where nobody has weapons?

• Like 1