W. Diaz

Setting a specific objects texture

Hi all, 

I am working in Eden trying to make the object shown below change from its default texture to a grey color (at least the roof part of it) Any ideas on how I could achieve this? 

https://imgur.com/a/xTnxXNv

I've tried putting in this setObjectTexture [0,"texture\texture.jpg"]; and set global texture but neither work. 

As far as I know not all objects can have their textures altered via scripting.

To test if an object has hiddenSelections (or able to have their textures set) have a look at getObjectTextures.

If the return is an array of empty strings/an empty string then you're out of luck...

Although, I'm not 100% on that as I can't fire up Arma right now.

• Like 2

@Maff,

Is totally correct.

@W. Diaz,

What object is it? The sign? The gas station? The wood walls? If it's the gas station you won't be able to set object texture. You can still open the gas-station model in a modelling program and apply different textures.

• Like 1

@wogz187 It would be the gas Station. I would like to place a texture ontop/ around the roof of it. I should have specified that 🤦‍♂️

Any suggestions on Modeling programs? 

The official Arma models are binarized and you can't edit the models, and even if you could, you are not allowed to by BI.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, joostsidy said:

The official Arma models are binarized and you can't edit the models, and even if you could, you are not allowed to by BI.

@joostsidy,
That's good to know.

@W. Diaz
It makes sense now that I think about it. Even if the model wasn't binarized, and you changed the texture in PREPAR3D, you would have to include the modded "Garage" model in your upload-- and that is illegal no matter what. If you could create a "Texture replacer" that would be fine but apparently we can't.

On 8/12/2019 at 9:14 PM, wogz187 said:

I think this, PREPAR3D, but I don't actually know.

PREPAR3D is a commercial Lockheed Martin simulation software? Has nothing to do with modelling and I can't see any reason why it fits into this topic at all.

As Maff said, check with the script command whether you can retexture it.

@W. Diaz,

Models for ArmA 3 can be designed with 3ds Max or Blender. I (and google) got confused by the file extension ".p3d" "PREPAR3D". Game models are binarized, like joostsidy said, so they won't open for editing in the aforementioned programs but you can design your own.

• Like 1