The gathering of resources is not a literal assigned task.  More of a goal to get you (the player) up and running properly.    Look for this kind of stuff:

bLlBcuo.png

The go drive a hemett is the task that is spawned under the logistic missions in the HQ once you have that built.

The defend town task you got was one of the random events.   Both the militants and the lost legion attack each other's towns they control.  They'll attack yours too once you start taking them over.  Faction control is dynamic and can change hands depending on who has the most standing.  The reputation menu shows the stats on the towns.

I think I'll make a "starting out" entry in the briefing to explain how to get new players going.

Bug: Respawn with full gear

We played with 4 guys on a dedicated server. Strangely only one of our guys always respawned with a full gear set.

pic

Lack of storage space (and expensive upgrades) had been a bit of a downer.

Amount of different ressouces seems a bit useless. Overall it wouldnt really hurt to just have one "supply resource" instead of spreading them over 6 (8?). Theres really no gameplay value from those. Also it results that you later  have lots of spare resources but that one that you really need it gate locking your progress.

Yup that bug is in the known bugs list.  You'll see  a bug list in the briefing.  Very wierd and random.

Indeed some resources are more needed than others....Hmmm idea....Will look into making a resource trader.   That way you can always exchange uneeeded stuff for stuff you use.

It also will not take long before you'll have more cash then you know what to do with.  The progression is a bit slow on purpose.   Can't give you the entire plate of candy all at once can we?

Im sorry, if there was a misunderstanding, but I havent said that the progression might be too slow.

From the perspective of the game mechanics my question is: What is the purpose of 8 different resources that are pretty much the same and make no difference in regards of game mechanics?

For example, on an abstract level all 8 resources could be just replaced with money only (money from the loot boxes, money from logi missions) and it would make no difference for the gameplay overall. If there would be e.g. just one additional resource (besides money) needed for building it would give a different vector for balancing and adds some flavor to the mission. In regards of mechanics it still doesnt add something new, because you get money from missions and resources from logi missions (loot boxes are neglectable in this regard).

I still dont see a purpose for 8 different resources, besides flavor and possible problems caused from dead-locking, because gaining them is random.

If compared to a mission like Liberation - which uses 3 additional resources (ammo, fuel, supply) that are used mostly for vehicles and non-vehicles - we see that they have a purpose beyond flavor. They could also be summed up to a single resource, but this way you have to handle multiple, different factories to produce them.

After our test session I would definately suggest to release a version with much less mod-dependencies.

Currently the mission is pretty much locked away behind 20 Gigabytes of mods and it showed to us that it was a slog to convince 2 of our buddies to install those just to play the mission with us. It definately limits the possible reach of the mission by a significant margin, imo.

You mentioned - among others - Overthrow as inspiration! It had (has) the same problem that it was locked to Tanoa-only behind Apex and being a mod itself. Took the dev almost 2 years to address that problem. Its your call, but I wouldnt want to go down that road myself..

The mod argument is an interesting one.  This mission is meant to represent a conflict in the African sahel area between islamic militants and rogue French Foreign Legion members.   It's fair to say that the vanilla content just does not have the assets to represent this.  In come the mods.  Mods are the lifeblood of this game.  Without the extensive mod support and plug and play nature, this game would be just another obscure first person shooter.   Many of the mods expand the game in ways superior to vanilla and represent a legion of hours spend by us fans.   The community will always be of a fractured nature, with some players using RHS and others preferring CUP, for example. 

I've attempted to use mods that offer the most content, and make the other ones optional where possible.  I'm aware that this will not satisfy everyone.   The steam workshop makes everything a simple click away from acquiring so if people do not want to get the mods to play this mission, then so be it.   It's so easy these days and even SSD hard drives are cheap.  *shrug*.

Anyone run one of the demining missions yet?   Feeback, in any form is always welcome.

Thanks for the reply, volume. If more accessibility is in the way of your creative vision then, sure, go for it. Makes us a bit sad pandas, but fortunately theres still the other mission (e.g. liberation, overthrow, antistasi) that offer better accessibility and choice of mods to use.

Good luck with the development.

If your heavy lifting vehicle at the start is destroyed. How do you go about getting another one air dropped in. If not can we use civ trucks to load containers?

Am I blind, or how can I jump out the airplane at mission start? I just started a new run but I'm not able to leave the airplane, no action is available.

Edit: Stupid me. It was Aio - Command Menu Deluxe that moved this action to another menu.

Do you plan to add an AI recruitment system so this excellent game can be played solo as well

21 hours ago, shi4stone said:

Do you plan to add an AI recruitment system so this excellent game can be played solo as well

Well, you can play it solo. Difficulty is scaled to players count, so it's always possible to get through, even alone. Sometimes you can recruit AI from towns and other situations. He won't add a common AI recruitment though (been asking him already). If you really need it, you could use something like "Single player cheat menu" and use Zeus to add some comrades. But it can be done without additional AI.