stanhope

[Discontinued] Arma server monitor discord bot

Yea the requests are for some reason timing out.  And again, it works when I throw it in my bot so I have no clue what could be causing this.

With Local IP Set the command shows there server to be Online and displays the usual 

Im betting its because the Public IP its trying to Ping is inside the same network the bot is running on so its unable to see the public address and that's also why using my Local IP works 

Nope: 

Spoiler

1RRvWj5.png

Those 2 with the partially blacked out IP, that's my public IP and I'm hosting my bot on the computer that's standing next to me. 

okay so are the bot and the Arma 3 servers running on the same machine together like mine too ?

Yup, bot, server and server's HC. 

mmm strange iv dropped the dev of gamedig a message see if I get a response iv a feeling it something to do with gamedig and not your bot 

i have dose some research and iv still to do some configuration of a new router and test thing out but it looks like the Router supplied by my ISP doesn't have a function called NAT Loopback I have a decent TP-Link Router that dose and the TP-link router also allows me to set up a manual loopback to link an External IP to An Internal One so ill get all this setup and let you know if that was it 

at least then if anyone has the same issue down the line there a good answer for it 

• Like 1

So after configuring my TP-Link Router everything now works so if you want to run the Server & BOT on the same PC you need a router that supports NAT Loopback I have the TP-Link Archer Vr400 and that dose support NAT loopback the HUB 3 supplied by my ISP Virgin Media dose not support NAT loopback 

Any way to stop the bot having a heart attack and closing down the server and quitting out if the internet signal drops out briefly 

Be nice if it could recognise the internet is down and maybe wait to see if it come back up rather than closing Arma server exe and quitting out of the npm is this possible 

Spoiler

2 info using npm@6.14.4
3 info using node@v13.12.0
4 verbose run-script [ 'prestart', 'start', 'poststart' ]
5 info lifecycle awbot@1.0.0~prestart: awbot@1.0.0
6 info lifecycle awbot@1.0.0~start: awbot@1.0.0
7 verbose lifecycle awbot@1.0.0~start: unsafe-perm in lifecycle true
8 verbose lifecycle awbot@1.0.0~start: PATH: C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\npm-lifecycle\node-gyp-bin;C:\Users\ashle\OneDrive\Documents\arma3servermonitordiscordbot-master\node_modules\.bin;C:\Python38\Scripts\;C:\Python38\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\PuTTY\;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA NvDLISR;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Touch Portal\plugins\adb\platform-tools;C:\Program Files\nodejs\;C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin;C:\Users\ashle\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;%DASHLANE_DLL_DIR%;C:\Users\ashle\AppData\Roaming\npm;C:\Users\ashle\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\bin
9 verbose lifecycle awbot@1.0.0~start: CWD: C:\Users\ashle\OneDrive\Documents\arma3servermonitordiscordbot-master
10 silly lifecycle awbot@1.0.0~start: Args: [ '/d /s /c', 'node ./src/index.js' ]
11 silly lifecycle awbot@1.0.0~start: Returned: code: 1  signal: null
12 info lifecycle awbot@1.0.0~start: Failed to exec start script
13 verbose stack Error: awbot@1.0.0 start: `node ./src/index.js`
13 verbose stack Exit status 1
13 verbose stack     at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\npm-lifecycle\index.js:332:16)
13 verbose stack     at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:315:20)
13 verbose stack     at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\npm\node_modules\npm-lifecycle\lib\spawn.js:55:14)
13 verbose stack     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:315:20)
13 verbose stack     at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:1026:16)
13 verbose stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:286:5)
14 verbose pkgid awbot@1.0.0
15 verbose cwd C:\Users\ashle\OneDrive\Documents\arma3servermonitordiscordbot-master
16 verbose Windows_NT 10.0.17763
17 verbose argv "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe" "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js" "run" "start"
18 verbose node v13.12.0
19 verbose npm  v6.14.4
20 error code ELIFECYCLE
21 error errno 1
22 error awbot@1.0.0 start: `node ./src/index.js`
22 error Exit status 1
23 error Failed at the awbot@1.0.0 start script.
23 error This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
24 verbose exit [ 1, true ]

Yea, that's probably an error I'm not catching somewhere, I'll have a look. 

wouldn't normally be an issue but given lockdown internet in my area is being hammered I'm getting half the speed I would normally and there are the occasional cutout that last for like 15 to 30 seconds not even enough to stop Netflix from streaming but will make the discord bot have a fit and quit out