blackarrow90

General question related to add-ons

Hello,

I have Steam version of Arma 2: Combined Operations. Actually, I start Operation Arrowhead and in Steam properties I use -mod=@ command to implement different add-ons I would like to use. However, I noticed one strange thing - after installing add-on, the map Chernarus is no longer available in Editor. Since I mostly use Editor to create missions and play them, I need this map. For example, I added J.S.R.S add-on for improving sounds in Arma 2, but again - Chernarus map is no longer available, only Proving Grounds and other smaller maps.

Any idea how to fix this? Thanks.

It is better to use this launcher, it is better to load mods, etc.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

I think what is happening to you is that the game is not loading as combined operations, it is only loading as Operation Arrowhead, I think.
With this launcher you can run it as Combined Operations.

Thanks, that really helped. Now I am able to put Combined Operations properly and the Chernarus map is still there.

However, I experienced another problem related to mods. I put all of my mods into Addons folder and put this path as path for Arma 2 Launcher. For example, J.S.R.S mod loads properly and appears in the mod list in the launcher. On the other hand, East Weapon Pack doesn't appear on the list although I put it in separate folder as well. Are there different types of mods?

4 hours ago, blackarrow90 said:

Thanks, that really helped. Now I am able to put Combined Operations properly and the Chernarus map is still there.

However, I experienced another problem related to mods. I put all of my mods into Addons folder and put this path as path for Arma 2 Launcher. For example, J.S.R.S mod loads properly and appears in the mod list in the launcher. On the other hand, East Weapon Pack doesn't appear on the list although I put it in separate folder as well. Are there different types of mods? 

The best way is to put each mod in its respective folder, eg, @cba, @eastweapons, @jsrs, @smk, etc. and load them with the launcher so avoid inconveniences and if there are any facilitate finding the problem.

the mod folder structure would be like this
@eastwepons and within this folder would be addons, inside addons the pbo files of the mod

1.jpg

2.jpg