Sign in to follow this  
Dallas Medina

3den editor help needed: sandbags floating above ground!

So I'm experiencing an issue that I've never seen before up until now: sandbags placed on the ground in the editor are floating above ground, 1-2 feet high.

This has happened on the vanilla Altis map as well as CUPs Utes.

What happened was that I went to test my scenario, and upon assaulting an enemy camp (with sandbag emplacements) and firing while advancing to keep them pinned down, I was killed instantly by gunfire, despite not seeing the enemy. Upon further inspection (using the flying camera thing) I noticed the sandbag emplacements were hovering about 1 foot off the ground, and the AI was shooting me from under the bags, in the prone position (I couldn't see this at the time due to the tall grass).

Upon quitting and returning to the editor, I discovered the same sandbags where now also hovering above the ground in 3den, so once again I placed them flat on the ground, tested it, and had the same issue. This time around, I tried setting them as a simple object and disabling simulation, but once again, upon playing the scenario, they were floating above ground yet again.

I've never had this problem before and I'm totally lost on what do to. No other object is doing this: cars, tables, boxes, barrels, etc are all sitting flush with the terrain like they are supposed to. Can someone help me?

Hi, have you used the button with 2 arrows pointing to a horizontal line, its called Toggle surface snapping?

If you click the button and the arrows are pointing at the line the sandbags will snap to the surface and stay there, if you have the arrows pointing

in the opposite direction then surface snapping is off.

• Like 1

Yes, surface snapping is on. As a matter of fact, one of the things I tried to remedy the problem was turning surface snapping off, and sinking the sandbags into the terrain a few inches. Even that didn't work, as at mission start, they were floating again.

Upon further testing, it seems to ONLY be happening with the vanilla rounded sandbag fences, not the straight ones, or the Apex sandbag barricades.

4 hours ago, Dallas Medina said:

seems to ONLY be happening with the vanilla rounded sandbag fences

Sounds like the rounded sandbag fences have an actual issue with them, suggest maybe using another sandbag fence and or arrange them in a position that would appear round.