beno_83au

[DM 2-10] MIL_DominationDM

EycvyfT.jpg

Download:

MIL_DominationDM: Dropbox/Steam Workshop/Armaholic

Description:

MIL_DominationDM combines deathmatch gameplay with domination point scoring. There are a number of role specific classes to pick from, each with their own strengths and weakness. Kill players or try to stay alive in one of the score zones to earn points. Full description of mission features and available roles are within the mission briefings and are summarised below under spoiler tags.

Features:

Spoiler

- Custom killfeed

- Random respawns

- Spawn protection

- MIL_ExplosiveBreaching

- No looting dead bodies

- Different scoring point zones, dependent on zone's difficulty

- Custom scores display

- No players on map

- No player tags

- Optional full-automatic fire-mode selection by default

- Custom mine detection/awareness

- Lobby parameters for customising games

Scoring:

Spoiler

- Zone A (Red) - 1 point/60 seconds

- Zone B (Blue) - 2 points/60 seconds

- Zone C (Green) - 3 points/30 seconds that you're standing up

Roles:

Spoiler

USA:

- Assault

- Gunner

- Explosives

- CQB

- Sniper

RUS:

- Assault

- Gunner

- RPG

- CQB

- Sniper

* Roles differ between each type, and slightly between each side. Check the briefing for a full description of each role.

Missions:

MIL_DominationDM consists of 6 missions currently, with 1 more being tested and another 2 planned.

Currently:

- Altis - Urban
- Tanoa - Jungle
- Ihantala - Forested homestead

- Stratis - Container yard
- Livonia - Forest valley

- Malden - Desert battlefield wreckage

Being tested:
- Winter Ihantala - Swampland

Planned:
- Anizay - Urban/Industrial
- Anizay - Urban

Dependencies:

Mods required are RHSUSAF, RHSAFRF and CUP Terrain - Core. Individual missions may require DLC or mods for access to their related terrains.

Install:

For the Steam Workshop, subscribe to the above linked collection or the individual missions.

For all else, download the MILDominationDM.rar file and extract the missions to your ArmA3/MPMissions folder.

Difficulty Settings:

Most options have been accounted for by mission scripts, anything else can be setup by the host. However, FOR MINES TO WORK AS INTENDED their detection needs to be turned off either in player profile settings (DETECTED MINES) if running hosted MP, or server difficulty settings (detectedMines) if running a dedicated server - https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Difficulty_Menu. Otherwise, the red triangle will still end up appearing around the mine.

Media:

Promo (3:05s):

Known bugs:

Hopefully none, I think I've nailed everything down. BUT, let me know please.

Credits:

@HallyG for his kill feed script and his openness to it being used and edited (I do plan on adding my changes to the thread) - https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/204483-code-snippet-kill-feed/

@Larrow for his workaround for selecting briefing subjects - https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/224393-selectdiarysubject-help/?do=findComment&comment=3368667

@aliascartoons for his fantastic dust storm script - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=800771522

And the community in general as a good reference point, as always.

If anyone would like to see this on another map/specific location let me know.

Change log:

Spoiler

v1.2:

Added - 1 new mission (Malden - Desert battlefield wreckage).

- Sandstorm weather options for desert terrain (credit to @aliascartoons and his openness towards editing his scripts - Dust Storm Script).

- Weather option "Sandstorm" is active for the entire match.

- Weather option "Heavy Sandstorm" begins clear but will hit at some point during the mission. 

Changed - NVG will not be forced on at night while a sandstorm is active.

Fixed - Removed RHS F-22 from ambient CAS script.

- Added primary weapons to player's initial character to improve scripted full-auto switching after respawning.

- Code for ambient Fly-By was using a hard coded position instead of a position consistent with the combat zone.

v1.1:

Added - 2 new missions (Stratis - container yard, Livonia - forest valley).

Changed - Night vision goggles and night weapon sights are activated at more appropriate times.

- Machine gunners now only use iron sights on their weapons to decrease how easy it was to spray-and-pray.

- Mission parameter "Time" now defaults to random, and is more likely to select day light times.

- Mission parameter "Weather" now defaults to random, and is more likely to select clear weather.

- Buildings with objects manually placed in them through Eden now have damage disabled.

- Sniper's vests were changed from "V_TacVestIR_blk" to "V_TacVest_xxx" to prevent them showing through the back of ghillie suits.

Fixed - Custom scoreboard wasn't showing correct scores sometimes.

- Custom mine detector script was running multiple times in certain cases.

- BI CAS module was trying to use RHS F-22 with gun runs when it isn't supported by the module

v1 - Release.

Edited by beno_83au
Update v1.2
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Update.

v1.1:

Added - 2 new missions (Stratis - container yard, Livonia - forest valley).

Changed - Night vision goggles and night weapon sights are activated at more appropriate times.

- Machine gunners now only use iron sights on their weapons to decrease how easy it was to spray-and-pray.

- Mission parameter "Time" now defaults to random, and is more likely to select day light times.

- Mission parameter "Weather" now defaults to random, and is more likely to select clear weather.

- Buildings with objects manually placed in them through Eden now have damage disabled.

- Sniper's vests were changed from "V_TacVestIR_blk" to "V_TacVest_xxx" to prevent them showing through the back of ghillie suits.

Fixed - Custom scoreboard wasn't showing correct scores sometimes.

- Custom mine detector script was running multiple times in certain cases.

- BI CAS module was trying to use RHS F-22 with gun runs when it isn't supported by the module.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is an excellent mission for quick play with buddies, good job.

• Thanks 1

Update. Please be aware that due to sound files used with the new weather options, the file size of any desert-themed missions will be about 2MB larger than other DomDM missions.

v1.2:

Added - 1 new mission (Malden - Desert battlefield wreckage).

- Sandstorm weather options for desert terrain (credit to @aliascartoons and his openness towards editing his scripts - Dust Storm Script).

- Weather option "Sandstorm" is active for the entire match.

- Weather option "Heavy Sandstorm" begins clear but will hit at some point during the mission. 

Changed - NVG will not be forced on at night while a sandstorm is active.

Fixed - Removed RHS F-22 from ambient CAS script.

- Added primary weapons to player's initial character to improve scripted full-auto switching after respawning.

- Code for ambient Fly-By was using a hard coded position instead of a position consistent with the combat zone.

*** Pics below on the new Malden mission using settings Time - Bright and Weather - Sandstorm. The sand storm scripts work incredibly well and really change up the flow of the mission (especially when messing with NVG visibility):

dAxwL31.jpg

C59unBT.jpg

• Like 4

Any plans to update this mission, back playing A3 and this is broken.

Great mission for some quick fun.

Hi @kdjac. Thanks, yeah I had a lot of fun playing this one too. I haven't really done anything in Arma for about 2 years, but what's broken? Might be something I can fix up if I don't have to go bug hunting myself as I don't really have the chance to get back into it these days.