Sign in to follow this  
Sgt Smash

Custom Faces

Hi was wondering if anyone knew how to make the server let you join with a higher file sized custom face?

I know i could make the face 512x512 and would probably work but wanted to keep them at 1024x1024!

VA lets you pick it once in but won't let you join with it loaded

unknown.png

After some extra digging

There is this in the basic.cfg

Spoiler

MaxCustomFileSize = 0;   

I will try and set it higher and post back later when i get a chance to test it🤞

So changing the above does let you join, but the custom face is showing a plan, soon as i load up VA ingame the skin show properly after that. i get this error in rpt

Spoiler

4:27:29 SetFace error: custom face texture not found in instance\players\sgt%2e%20smash\

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, chernaruski said:

could it be infistar blocking this option ?

Not running it

try solutions that can be found on here at the forums, some people recommend :

- try reducing image a bit lower then your filesize limit , if you set it to 100k lower it to 90k or something. Could be bite and byte size differences there. 
basic.cfg . make sure you edit and load the correct one, sometimes there are multiple folders that contain cfg file , if you use GSP

MaxCustomFileSize = 2000000; // file custom in byte

- editing config.cfg and removing the kick from these lines , serious security issues with this ,  I wouldn't recommend

onUnsignedData 						= "kick (_this select 0)";
onHackedData 						= "kick (_this select 0)";
onDifferentData 					= "";

3 hours ago, chernaruski said:

try solutions that can be found on here at the forums, some people recommend :

- try reducing image a bit lower then your filesize limit , if you set it to 100k lower it to 90k or something. Could be bite and byte size differences there. 
basic.cfg . make sure you edit and load the correct one, sometimes there are multiple folders that contain cfg file , if you use GSP

- editing config.cfg and removing the kick from these lines , serious security issues with this ,  I wouldn't recommend

onUnsignedData 						= "kick (_this select 0)";
onHackedData 						= "kick (_this select 0)";
onDifferentData 					= "";

Thanks for the reply

I've solved the kick part by using the MaxCustomFileSize = 0;  setting i posted above, but the server don't write it to the clients in the instance\players\sgt%2e%20smash\, i even tried adding it to C:\Users\Sgt. Smash\AppData\Local\Arma 3\players\Sgt%2e%20Smash but soon as the game boots it wipes the folder lol

It's not a big deal just thought it would be funny

Sign in to follow this