Sign in to follow this  
Steel UK

Changing Rocket/Missile Launcher Position on Body

Good evening, all.

I am wondering if anyone could help me with something. I am trying to work out the logistics involved in changing the position of the launcher to be like this:

16x-2014-008-2para-heavy-weapons-004a.jp

As opposed to slung over the shoulder. 

It's clearly possible to reposition it...

kb1dgOe.jpg

Thanks for any information anyone can provide me with!

You'd be looking at making virtually a completely new animation set for the game, with the "launcher" bone moved in 90% of the .rtms to get it 100% perfect. Unless you just want a couple of static animations for screenshots.

Arma's character animation system isn't particularly modular.

You can make launchers move position between when it is shouldered or holstered with the isSelected animation source applied to the weapon model. In which case have to make the default position of the model to be the "stored" position, and then create the animation with a transform to move it back to the traditional position. But there are usually outlier character animations where the offset you add in the weapon model will result in the weapon floating in the air some place away from the body during playback of some character animation, which looks incredibly stupid.

Ahhhh I see. 

I was thinking about trying to just take the existing model and rotate and transform the position but of course every movement is going to be made specifically for the vertical placement.

I'll give it a miss and hope that a better solution comes along in ArmA 4. 

Thank you for your time and advice. 

I think BWMods Pzf3 is carried in an offset manner. Is the question concerning creating a new launcher, or tweaking all existing ones? 

-k