Sign in to follow this  
Coladebote

Black dots on the map

Hello, when we play a mission on the server, some black dots appear on the map, they correspond to the positions where the elements appear, according to the 3d positioning of each script.

In the image you can clearly see an example of what is happening.

Can anyone tell me, please, how to remove those blackheads?

LINK IMAGE:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jy4MYNFHjZl2YpYtYswieYEkpLy9ShXH

Thanks

Indeed, they are markers added by scripts. What I ask is whether is it possible to prevent them from appearing or not?

2 minutes ago, Coladebote said:

Indeed, they are markers added by scripts. What I ask is whether is it possible to prevent them from appearing or not?

Ask the respective script authors.

Cheers

• Like 1

Helper Objects are sacrilege, I know, but they work great. I've never used a marker.

You can drop a token at any one of the points for later reference,

bluMARK = createVehicle ["sign_arrow_blue_F", getMarkerPos "grossDOT", [], 0, "NONE"];
bluMARK hideObject true;
deleteMarker "grossDOT";

Or just don't use gross dots.

• Like 1

Hi, wogz187:
With your little explanation, I think it's clear what the problem is.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/cfgMarkers
(41. Dot / "hd_dot")

This is the little script I use:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

_markerstr = createMarker ["SCRAP_A1",[5870.24,11006.8]];
_markerstr setMarkerShape "ICON";
_markerstr setMarkerType "hd_dot";
_height = 0;
_vehicle = createVehicle ["Land_Wreck_Ural_F", (getMarkerPos "SCRAP_A1"),[],0,"NONE"]; 
_dir = 90; 
_vehicle setDir _dir;

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

If you can spawn dudes at a marker, you can spawn a helper at a marker. You can spawn dudes at a helper. But then it's probably better to just skip the marker altogether or use a specific marker that actually corresponds to the location (ex. ammo dump).

The best solution is going to depend on your scenario. How is the point determined? Randomly? Fixed in the editor? By criteria?

Your contribution has been very helpful.

Obviously I am starting with scripts and anything is a huge obstacle.

But little by little I will overcome it. The help of this forum is very important to me.

Thanks.

13 minutes ago, wogz187 said:

If you can spawn dudes at a marker, you can spawn a helper at a marker. You can spawn dudes at a helper. But then it's probably better to just skip the marker altogether or use a specific marker that actually corresponds to the location (ex. ammo dump).

The best solution is going to depend on your scenario. How is the point determined? Randomly? Fixed in the editor? By criteria?

Better yet:

Use markers, helper objects to mark positions that you'll need later, grab those positions and store them in an array and delete markers/helpers.

If those positions will stay static on each map and are unlikely to change, you can save those position arrays inside a .sqf file and use those for object spawning etc.

Cheers

• Like 1

I have started using scripts so that missions have better performance on the server.

I have built a CTI in the 35 villages of Altis that I am now expanding.

In principle, I tried the "show / hide" module, but the server performance drops a lot.

The machine has to use a part of its resources to hide everything it should not show on the map.

It works very well with scripts, but for me it is a new and complicated world.

That is why I value the help of the forum.
thanks for everything.

@Coladebote,

Here's a recent example I used,

if (SAenemy == 1) then {  //trigger activated
    SA_Emark = createMarker ["Enemy", SA_redLeader]; // in this case SA_redLeader is an invisible VR unit, it could just as well be a can of Tactical Beans. SA_redleader teleports around based on player position.
sleep 1;
    badguys = [getmarkerPOS "Enemy", east, ["I_C_Soldier_Bandit_8_F", "I_G_sharpshooter_F"]] call BIS_fnc_SpawnGroup; // East type dressed as bandits
    _wp1 = badguys addwaypoint [position badguysWP ,0]; // both SA_redleader and badguysWP move around during the scenario based on criteria
    _wp1 setwaypointtype "move";

sleep 0.5;

deletemarker SA_Emark; // this is an error, the marker sticks on the map for 1.5 seconds by now should be higher
    }
else {
{deleteVehicle _x;}forEach units badguys;
deletegroup badguys;
};

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Coladebote said:

I have started using scripts so that missions have better performance on the server.

I have built a CTI in the 35 villages of Altis that I am now expanding.

In principle, I tried the "show / hide" module, but the server performance drops a lot.

The machine has to use a part of its resources to hide everything it should not show on the map.

It works very well with scripts, but for me it is a new and complicated world.

That is why I value the help of the forum.
thanks for everything.

I made a mission that used show/hide to build a base and WOW did that not work.
It's kind of a balance. Too much code and you run the risk of making a machine that functions flawlessly but is unpleasant to operate. Too much editor based units/objects/ect and ArmA starts little fires in your PC.

I stopped using the Show / Hide module when AI was not generated in a very epic mission of World War II.

It was such a disappointing experience, that I decided to do everything by scripts.

All units and objects: vehicles, barricades ... I place them on the map by ecript associated with a trigger.

It's a lot more work, but it works great and, of course, it's very accurate.

We've gone around this a few times. What you're asking for is the module I posted the other day, with a spawner. The module controls where the spawn points go and then you have a script to make badguys. The module really does all the work you just spawn your dudes at the result.

In the module: player touches an orb and the orb moves to the next position. This repeats twice before the orb returns to the original position. The same function on three separate "tracks". Adding new orb positions/tracks is easy copy paste, rename a couple variables. You want to replace the orb with a location the player enters within which is the selected track.

It's also super-easy to make the track-points randomized.

So you just need your custom spawn script to make your dudes pop up on the result of the track selection / orb mark.

Check it out. It really is easy to use.
438077-1563807639.jpg

• Like 1

I made you a custom module so we can both have a cool solution.

Customize however you like.

It's small scale so easy to test. Just scale up in your actual mission.

Check it out,

Have fun!

edit: there was a bit of redundant code in the module. I updated the drive link.

• Like 2

I downloaded your demo this morning and I have been testing it for five minutes, but I am not able to see a clear utility for what I am doing.

It may be my fault, due to ignorance, more than anything else. Because it is something very schematic. I have also tried the "Enemy Occupation System" script.

The CTI that I am doing in Altis I put it in layers and then I incorporate them by merging the maps.

Each theme on a map and then the different files are merged into one. It is similar to the photoshop or Illustrator layer system

I pass you the link of one of the layers that I have already finished. There are 50 "IEDs" on the roads of Altis.

Link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18Gkw6dpC4J3agRubddXgBWmBZFCx2Wlz

Keep in mind that if a squad has to take a position, at 1,500 meters away the AI has to be seen, especially in the watchtowers.

57 minutes ago, wogz187 said:

Have fun!

This is very nice Wogz and thanks for sharing !

Just , you should really add your tag in front of the variables , so that it's not possible to interfere with any other script !

If you have it like this on purpose , since it's an example , so else the most of guys will still use this as it is.

switch (zoneID) do ...

Ps : i like very much that you are saying "have fun !"  :thumbs-up:

• Like 2