rgscriven

Arma 3 Exile Virtual Garage (updated)

All credits goes to Shix07 for making this script back in 2015/16

UPDATED

This is the virtual garage for anyone who wants to use it standalone without adding other scripts and with non exile virtual garage.

All the files needed are inside Arma 3 Exile Virtual Garage as ive redone the folders to make it easier to install.

https://github.com/rgscriven/Arma-3-Exile-Virtual-Garage

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Urm... not being funny but none of this is your scripting. It all belongs to Shix. You've restructured the file structure and altered the README. 

I know, ive had just cleaned it up and made it more useable for server owners

19 hours ago, rgscriven said:

I know, ive had just cleaned it up and made it more useable for server owners

Well do you have permission to do so? As if you don't your in-violation of the following forum rule:

Posting addon/mod other content without permission:

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community. People work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. You must get permission to alter someone else's work, to mirror their work or to use it in any way other than for personal use. Without permission please do not edit, mirror, add to your mod pack or edit and share around your private squad.

Unfortunately we cannot control what people do outside of these forums. However, on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission, and we receive a complaint, the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved. Participation in this behaviour comes with the risk of being permanently banned from these forums. Get permission by communicating with the original content creator(s).

• Like 1

Did i have permisson no, did i edit any part of the scripts no, all that was done is to make it user friendly was to place it in folders so your mission file don't look like road kill.

This is the vg that i had been using for many years so just tiding it up so its easy to slot into your server surely aint a crime.

As for most server owners, im sure you dont like looking at a pile of rubbish thats not in order, in which i did with the vg.

And have i violated the rules no i havnt, as nothing was edited from any parts of the script.

He does. Every single file has this in the header:

/**
 * Exile Mod
 * www.exilemod.com
 * © 2015 Exile Mod Team
 * This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
 * To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/.
 */

With this, the credit is given!

Otherwise, Exile is technically "Abandonware", the developers provides no longer support, further development or troubleshooting.

For this case check out this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware

especially the paragraph "Community Support"!

In the future it will become more and more necessary to edit the original code of Exile in order to keep it alive.

3 hours ago, ZN Anhor said:

He does. Every single file has this in the header:

/**
 * Exile Mod
 * www.exilemod.com
 * © 2015 Exile Mod Team
 * This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
 * To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/.
 */

With this, the credit is given!

Otherwise, Exile is technically "Abandonware", the developers provides no longer support, further development or troubleshooting.

For this case check out this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware

especially the paragraph "Community Support"!

In the future it will become more and more necessary to edit the original code of Exile in order to keep it alive.

This is not giving credit to the owners. Exile Mod do not own these scripts, the scripts are using portions of Exile code which means the exile code came with those headers. It's Shix's code. Just because it's given in the headers does not mean he had permission to re-upload this. I have spoken to Shix and he has further pointed out that this guy has most of his scripts on his GitHub re-uploaded. Which is a bit rude, however, shix being shix, has said he does not care to persue because he doesn't care about A3 anymore. I still think he should ask Shix first and until then remove all of his code from his repo. Also Shix's code was never made public so I'm also wondering where it came from...

29 minutes ago, Monkeynutz2010 said:

This is not giving credit to the owners. Exile Mod do not own these scripts, the scripts are using portions of Exile code which means the exile code came with those headers. It's Shix's code. Just because it's given in the headers does not mean he had permission to re-upload this. I have spoken to Shix and he has further pointed out that this guy has most of his scripts on his GitHub re-uploaded. Which is a bit rude, however, shix being shix, has said he does not care to persue because he doesn't care about A3 anymore. I still think he should ask Shix first and until then remove all of his code from his repo. Also Shix's code was never made public so I'm also wondering where it came from...

The fact is, whoever wrote something for Exile ...... the project has been dropped and is being kept alive by the few enthusiasts here. And whoever digs whatever, by whom, and makes it accessible to the general public here, I owe my thanks.

Because the real "fathers" have left their "child" to its fate.

On 8/3/2019 at 1:07 PM, rgscriven said:

UPDATED

This is the virtual garage for anyone who wants to use it standalone without adding other scripts and with non exile virtual garage.

All the files needed are inside Arma 3 Exile Virtual Garage as ive redone the folders to make it easier to install.

https://github.com/rgscriven/Arma-3-Exile-Virtual-Garage

@rgscriven, please give credit to the original author if you edit / re-upload someone else's code, it's a basic common courtesy, even if the author "doesn't care about A3 anymore". It's not that hard to do, and it leaves a "good taste" for the rest of modding community. 
@Monkeynutz2010, I understand the need of asking these questions, but let's not go on digging on who owns each and every line of code used in exile or exile related scripts. Shix can ask for takedown, here on forums or at Git, any moment. As an author he have every right to do so. It's good you've noticed and informed him, but let's leave it to him to decide what to do.
@ZN Anhor, no need for offtopic about abandonware, either. If you want to discuss Exile's fate, create topic in General Discussion. (abandonware still is a copyrighted material btw)

• Like 3

19 hours ago, rgscriven said:

Did i have permission no, did i edit any part of the scripts no, all that was done is to make it user friendly was to place it in folders so your mission file don't look like road kill.

This is the vg that i had been using for many years so just tiding it up so its easy to slot into your server surely not a crime.

As for most server owners, i am sure you don't like looking at a pile of rubbish that's not in order, in which i did with the vg.

And have i violated the rules no i haven't, as nothing was edited from any parts of the script.

Well as you didn't credit the original author, so from where i am standing it looks like your trying to say its your work, your scripts etc. Which therefore is breaking the rules of this forum. I would suggest that you credit the original author, its just common courtesy. I can't imagine you would like it if someone did it to your content.

• Like 2

Credit has been given to Shix07 for making this wonderfull script.

Funny how this post has been up for 14 months without a message till now.

38 minutes ago, rgscriven said:

Because of my Googling i stumbled across it and checked to see if it was ExAd stuff.

51 minutes ago, rgscriven said:

Well the moderating team was only just were alerted to this issue.

Thats ok as there are no issues, i gave credit to the script maker for making this cool script.