adanteh

QGIS Game terrain tools

Hey everyone, figured I'd make a thread here as well.

I made a QGIS plugin to easily obtain the real world data for Arma, in a quite streamlined process.

It allows you to download satmap, heightmap, roads and create a surface mask either through OSM shapes or OrfeoToolbox using magical machine learning algorithms. 

It takes care of all the coordinate transformations for you and exports files that you can plug in TB directly without any extra work, including classifying roads so you can just add a roadslib.cfg and use them without any extra work.

It's a largely automated process of Ross' excellent tutorial 

Keep in mind this only gets you the data required for a starting point, it's not a terrain editor.

You can get it on gitlab

For general questions, suggestions, problems please use the Qgis_plugin channel in this discord

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Great tool, just what I've been looking for! One request - could you add a feature providing more control over the size of the generated [scratch-layer] polygon please? Reason is I'm struggling to place the polygon "box" over the island I'm trying to build (is surrounded by other islands)... Thanks very much in advance ;¬)

4 hours ago, mrakos2005 said:

Great tool, just what I've been looking for! One request - could you add a feature providing more control over the size of the generated [scratch-layer] polygon please? Reason is I'm struggling to place the polygon "box" over the island I'm trying to build (is surrounded by other islands)... Thanks very much in advance ;¬)

Just remove the other islands in L3DT

Ok, thanks, will try that...

Ur Tool is greate but with sizes bigger than 20480 the road shape file download always crash and create no lines, polygons