Sign in to follow this  
KDog35

Need tips for accuracy with tows..

Hi,

Anyone know of a way of getting a direct hit everytime on tanks using TOWs? I talked a little with Tex here on the forum and he mentioned using a range of 500m. I'm not jerking the chopper around, I've tried different angles, height, range, speed...can't figure it out.

In editor, I'm setting up 4 T80s and flying a cobra. Kdog confused.gif

They seem pretty accurate to me.

8 TOWs isnt enough to take out 4 T80s though. Each T80 needs 3 TOWs, 3*4=12.

they arent as strong as they should be, ash made a realism pack i think it was with the cobra and apache wih correct damae levels and they work great, but with the default TOWs and Hellfires, they can take 2 or 3 per tank sad.gif

Accuracy tips... hmmm. Well, for one, try to fire them before getting too close of a range. Say.... 200-300m? That way you get good accuracy.

Try to hit the tank on top, if you go to the desert island and put an AI t80 on one of the hills on the slope and then hit the t80 from the top, it will kill the t80 in one hit w/ tow. So I guess if you fly about 500 off the ground and point your nose far down and fire if it hits the tank it may kill it w/ one tow

Thanks for All the responses. I thought 1 TOW could take out a T80. Ok now I get it! lol So it's not my accuracy!

Well, the theory of hitting the tank from the top opposed to the side, I'll give it a try.... Come in at high alt. and nose dive in on the cridder.

I have another question: How do you re-arm a cobra? I've placed ammo trucks and garages near and nothing seems to work, I'm sure there's a way.

smile.gif Kdog

good to see you got the TOW thing sorted out- as for rearming, it's straigtforward. Get the helo close enough to the truck that your action menu pops up with something like "Rearm at Ammo Truck". Then it's pretty self explanatory from there, just keep the helo either parked or hovering so the transfer won't be broken.

Yeah, I'm really good at mis-understanding things and not knowing what the hell's going on. lol

Now will a garage, or anything else besides a ammo truck re-arm a chopper? Because I sat the chopper down to mostly everything (experimenting), including the ammo truck and nothing happens? Obviously the ammo trucks works, but let me know if any else does too.

Thanks, Kdog- smile.gif

if you are a horrible shooter like me, just go behind the tank and shoot TOWs. although TOWs will hit, they have better chance of hitting if you shoot tanks when they are either moving to you or away from you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Jan. 08 2003,04:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As far as I know, ammo trucks are the only things that work<span id='postcolor'>

And the LST of course smile.gif.

Ammo Trucks and the LST are the standard ones.

In some maps however ammo can be loaded as cargo so you can rearm by another vehicle/building. But that's a differnt story, no need confusing you even more hehe.