beno_83au

Rotating Crane Wheels

Hello, I'm not sure how to check the model/config to work this one out for myself so before spending an unnecessary amount of time on it, are the wheels of the Land_GantryCrane_01_F able to be rotated to simulate movement, and if so, how? I'm not hopeful, I assume it's just not possible, but I'd rather let it go with a degree of certainty. 

Land_GantryCrane_01_F.jpg

Thanks.

I'm sorry I don't have a definitive answer for you. I do recall that the wheels of Tanoa trains didn't rotate (so the crane's probably also don't), but BI intervened and made them rotatable, because the ATM Train mod was so cool.

So probably no rotation now, but BI now have lots and lots of time on their hands since Contact is released 😉   so they might do it. Making your mod a complete harbor simulation might make it worth their while 😉

Hopefully someone can give the definitive answer..

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, joostsidy said:

Making your mod a complete harbor simulation might make it worth their while 😉

Haha, cheers but not not quite going that far with it though. I think I may have to abandon what I was doing anyway. All I was trying to do was have the crane move backwards and forwards in the center of a DM for a bit of ambience/coolness/get-run-over-by-a-crane-during-a-firefight, but obviously setPos'ing it's position during MP wasn't going to work. Looks and sounds great in SP though after adding a mix of sounds and forcing some damage. Not sure there's an easy work around after trying some different attachTo angles on it either. But thanks for the reply anyway.

• Like 1

I think you are being very modest about this, your idea has great potential. I see that in time you might be hired by BI as lead designer of Take On Cranes, the first immersive harbor sim with advanced realistic crane physics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3