El' Rabito

Exile Grinding - Rebalance

I always thought that it makes no sense that you can grind a concrete element as fast as a wood or metal and needs the same amount of batteries.
So i tweaked the default files and config to be able to balance it properly (imho).

Since the Exilemod site is going down, i wanted to share it as thank you for the community.

Installation

1. Copy the folders inside the folder A into your missionfile.
2. Apply the changes from the two files inside the folder B to your config.cpp of your mission file.
3. Configure the CfgGrinding part to your likings.
4. Done.

New Configurables
- Element types to grind (Array of classnames).
- Grind duration for each type of element (Wood,Metal,Concrete).
- Amount of batteries needed for each element type (Wood,Metal,Concrete).
- Enable/disable grinding in first person (People use it for glitch viewing through elements).
-> If disabled It switches camera view to external (third person) so you can't glitch view through the element.

Download

Github

Support Me: www.buymeacoffee.com/ElRabito

Screenshot

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Want to try this, have been looking for a script like this for a while.
Is it possible to change or remove animations? Animation puts defender's head through the door and attackers can shoot him easy.

On 8/14/2019 at 12:03 AM, JeideR said:

Is it possible to change or remove animations? Animation puts defender's head through the door and attackers can shoot him easy.

Well that's a player problem then, they don't have to hug the element to grind it. Just keep some distance 😆

On 8/13/2019 at 11:03 PM, JeideR said:

Yes, it's possible, from Exile client config copy the whole block of 

class CfgExileDelayedActions

Paste it in your mission config and change animations to Acts_TerminalOpen
Then, you will need to pull ExileClient_action_execute from Exile client files and edit the pointers

_missionConfig = missionConfigFile >> "CfgExileDelayedActions" >> _actionName;
_actionConfig = if (isClass _missionConfig) then {_missionConfig} else {configFile >> "CfgExileDelayedActions" >> _actionName};

Then in mission config point the file in class CfgExileCustomCode to your new file, eg

ExileClient_action_execute = "myfixes\ExileClient_action_execute.sqf";

• Like 1

hi El' Rabito, hope you are doing well mate.

I am trying to get a marker to appear & disappear when grinding stops / starts. The marker appears but doesnt go away when the grind stops.
ExileServer_object_lock_network_grindNotificationRequest added the marker:

_marker = createMarker [format["ExileHacking%1", diag_tickTime], getPos _door];
		_marker setMarkerType "ExileHackingIcon";
		_marker setMarkerText "Grinding Activity!";
		_door setVariable ["ExileGrindingMarker", _marker, true];	

ExileServer_object_lock_network_grindLockRequest tried to delete it:

_marker = _door getVariable ["ExileGrindingMarker", nil];
	if !(isNil "_marker") then 
	{
		deleteMarker _marker;
	};	

Here are the full files:
https://pastebin.com/6GJPxqt0
https://pastebin.com/eL7AXeQw

Just by looking at the code, I'd suggest that it does actually work but only if the grind is successfull. If you want to have the marker removed everytime someone stops grinding, you'd have to append your marker deletion to the end of the script and also add it to the script that handles abortions (sounds kinda wrong but I'm not a native speaker).

- Woody

• Like 1

I broke something and now, when restarting, the locks return to their place and in the error log

[15:13:33:389306 +03:00] [Thread 21408] extDB3: SQL_CUSTOM: Error No Custom Call Not Found: Input String removeDoorLock:37723
[15:13:33:389357 +03:00] [Thread 21408] extDB3: SQL_CUSTOM: Error No Custom Call Not Found: Callname removeDoorLock

On 5/24/2022 at 4:40 PM, Peresvet-d41d1fb3f84723cb said:

I broke something and now, when restarting, the locks return to their place and in the error log

[15:13:33:389306 +03:00] [Thread 21408] extDB3: SQL_CUSTOM: Error No Custom Call Not Found: Input String removeDoorLock:37723
[15:13:33:389357 +03:00] [Thread 21408] extDB3: SQL_CUSTOM: Error No Custom Call Not Found: Callname removeDoorLock

You messed up your exile.ini by the looks of it. Check that.