Sign in to follow this  
Jubal Savid

How to deactivate a trigger

So here is the situation. 

My players will approach a set of triggers arranged in a box shape. If the players enter it the triggers cause hostile forces to stop holding fire.

On the most natural approach, the road, there is a trigger which will warn the player that "beyond this point you will be shot. "

The problem is theres a good chance the players will by pass this checkpoint return from behind the checkpoint later. 

Meaning they might shoot all the sentries from behind and drive through the checkpoint at which point the ghost of the Sentry will say ""beyond this point you will be shot. "

So what i am looking for is something that is the reverse of "triggerActivated;" 

That way if the perimeter triggers cause the ai to go hostile before the warning is given the warning stops working.

I didn't get what you want. Do you want to deactivate the road trigger if the sentry is dead? If so, you can do many things to avoid it, for example:

a) Add a check to the trigger activation code (use setTriggerStatements or editor) to make sure the sentry is alive.

b) Add a "killed" event handler to the sentry, and when killed, either delete the trigger, remove the activation code using setTriggerStatements, or use "enableSimulation false" on it (not sure about the last one, but should work)

• Like 1

@Jubal Savid,

So what i am looking for is something that is the reverse of "triggerActivated;" 

I think it's,

!(triggerActivated _trigNAME)