Sign in to follow this  
kronovan

Command/key(s) for Laser Targeting a Vehicle or Building??

I've been trying to bomb with the GBU-12s in the A-164 Wipeout, but I can't find a command/key combo to actually lock onto a vehicle or target a building. I know how to get into the laser designation view with [CTRL]+Secondary mouse button and I've been able to center the designator on a area with [CTRL]+[T]. I've also been able to mark a specific target or building with [Shift]+[T], but that appears to mark a location for some purpose other than targeting.  I've watched some youtubes on this and some seem to suggest that a Primary mouse click is for targeting, but for me that just release a GBU-12 which explodes wherever it happens to be pointed. In most of those videos though, the narrator never mentions what keys/buttons they're actually pressing.

If someone could list the actual command/key combo for designating a laser bomb target, I'd really appreciate it.

Since the jets DLC GBU-12 are LOAL (lock on after launch), meaning that a lot of those tutorials you find on youtube are outdated.  What you do nowadays is that you put your laser wherever you want your GBU to hit, fly away, come straight at the laser while looking through the targeting pot.  On the targeting put you'll see a +-shaped reticle, that's where the GBU will hit if it doesn't lock onto anything.  Get that close to the laser and drop the bomb.  It'll lock onto the laser.

Many thanks for the reply Stanhope. So if I understand you correctly;  you're saying you enter the laser pod view with [CTRL]+Primary button and just move the cross hair where you want it. Then exit that view and fly at the target and there'll be a new cross hair in the HUD at the point / target that laser was last pointed at?

[edit] Nevermind, I figured it out. I can see now how while in the DTV view I can put the cross hair over a target to designate it and then click trigger on my joystick trigger to release the GBU-12. Definitely much easier than the earlier videos I watched. I also discovered by pressing Numpad 5 while in DTV that it will align the view with the center line of the Wipeout, such that I can actually now fly it in that view.