TrueCruel_Nobody

"Old Man" campaign still a thing?

Hi everyone!

I was just curious: are there some infos about it or was it already dropped? Was quite interested last year when it was mentioned, but it got silent about it (afaik).

Thank you!

• Like 2

Last we heard, they stopped development on it, but have not officially canceled the project.

With Contact released, it would be nice to know if they will continue work on the project now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Supposedly, if you want pure and interesting dynamic missions, complex SP,  you will need a lot of things that won't fit into the current, dumb, mainstream multiplayer style system, so forget about that. In terms of SP good playablility you can expect nothing. If BI can't deliver good SP dynamic content is because THEY DON'T WANT. They problably have the best, interesting, hardcore military sandbox in the world, but they still want to attract rat kids like other inferior games. The fact is that nothing in months has been said about that misterious dynamic gameplay system, for maybe hardcore players. It says so much of what we can expect: nothing, or almost nothing.

• Confused 2

I'm sure there's still interest in it but they have a lot of projects on their hands.

The plan is in the Title. Its designed to have you wait till your actually an Old Man - then you may or may not get your pudding but either way you'll certainly be ornery about it

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

There is a non-zero chance that they will pick it up again and continue to work on it, and then get excited with many ideas and features and it becomes a new expansion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, joostsidy said:

There is a non-zero chance that they will pick it up again and continue to work on it, and then get excited with many ideas and features and it becomes a new expansion.

Well, they did include a walker in Contact, must be a clue.

Assisted living expansion, I'm in, when can I pre-order?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, joostsidy said:

get excited with many ideas and features and it becomes a new expansion

They already assured old man will be free though. So that would be a problem.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

The campaign will be free, but the naval assets and old women will be premium. 😉

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, joostsidy said:

old women will be premium

You're saying old man will have women? That's a conspiracy if I've ever seen one. (I think that's not correct english...)

But then we also need knitting gear and a rocking-chair.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

But then we also need knitting gear and a rocking-chair.

Exellent ideas! If the rocking-chair has FFV, it will combine nicely with the new shotguns.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hmm, or rugged, all terrain fully tracked self propelled tactical wheelchair to ensure your autonomy in the battlefield even at an advanced age?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Dedmen said:

It's a single premium scenario for Apex owners.