Arikaj

Arma 3 Contact Yay or Nah?

Hey guys, 

thinking about buying Contact DLC, but don't know if it is worth the price. The idea behind it is very interesting and I'd like to see the storyline. How long does it take to complete? Or is it too soon to ask? Heard mixed thoughts on it as it is mostly a reskin, about which I do not care that much. Yay or Nah? Wait for a sale?

Thanks.

Hi, YES buy it!

Price depends on your location, for me i bought the DLC prior to release but i bought the DLC bundle even though i had all the DLC's and with the bundle

the Contact DLC was $18.89 for me vs buying it directly at the cost of $25.19 which currently is still getting the 10% off.

Anyways imo its worth it, adds an amazing huge new map, very detailed, atmospheric, alot of new cool weapons, factions, equipment, gear, and absolutely fascinating campaign.

Dont forget a massive platform update seen here ---> https://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00089

Im still playing the campaign, im about half way through it now after about 10hrs into it, they say it takes about 4-6hrs for it but whats the rush, i like to explore, why buy it if your not

going to spend your time to check things out, rushing to complete so you can brag to your friends how special you are only defeats the purpose

of spending the money, and seeing what you actually bought.

Some of the negative reviews on the store for the DLC are imo ignorant, seems like people were looking for something in particular from what they bought and didn't get,

then go to mock it like its a rehash of existing stuff, and assets are cheap, and the campaign was to short, you know what enter the game with an open mind, forget

what you want other than your interest in extraterrestrials in ARMA!

Aside sorting out a misunderstanding of a certain control for a device in the campaign, which i took me a few hrs to sort out, had me stuck, it turned out to

be really simple, none the less the dialogue, the story, and the whole atmosphere that is created with how they talk, the effects, etc,.

Makes you want to find out more, its not an action war type campaign, there is some yes but being military based, its more investigative mystery, along with stealth, and concealment

of things based on whats going on this forces you to explore, its pretty fascinating, and different then what we are used to, and thing is its not so far fetched because some

of the devices you use i believe are actual instruments that are and have been used for things of that nature, yes im being vague here to not spoil anything.

There is a part in the story where you make contact, imo that was the most amazing moment i'd seen, it was f**king crazy! Like literally i was like woooowww.... hoollllyyy shiiiiitttt!

No spoilers here 😄 but ya if your into UFO mysteries and the like this is f**cking cool!

You could wait for a sale if you wanted thats up to you, but imo its worth getting if you have any interest in UFO type mysteries, i would suggest that if you do plan to buy it either right away,

or down the road to avoid watching any videos of the campaign until you play it yourself.

Watch this if you want more info on the DLC:

Hope that helps, Cheers!

• Like 3

Holy moly that's the most thorough answer I have ever got! Was looking right for this. You hit me right in the heart. You can bet I love some plausible mysteries and their presentation how it could turn out in the real world. 

Since I played Witcher 3 for 30 euros and that took me to complete around 120hours, just the base game, I am skeptical about all games if are worth the price for the time invested into it. So always skeptical. 

But now, you got me hooked and will buy it in the comming days. Heard there is bad performence but whatever. Played in a big milsim group for two years with 15-24fps. I will manage 30fps.

Thanks. I believe you have written very well your essays in school :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Over all these years, and with this series being my favorite games, Contact has been the first campaign I've ever completed (don't ask me why, I don't really know).

I enjoyed it.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, beno_83au said:

Over all these years, and with this series being my favorite games, Contact has been the first campaign I've ever completed (don't ask me why, I don't really know).

I enjoyed it.

I exactly know what you mean. Same for me. Played campaign a little but there it ends. Played arma only for the sandbox, simulation and milsim groups. 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 4:04 PM, Arikaj said:

Heard there is bad performence but whatever.

Im still half way through the campaign, and i've yet to hit any bad performance, i've read that others have had bad performance but the did not specify where or when they hit it,

so idk if it was all the way through, at certain parts or towards the end, as far is i recall reading.

It does help to have an I7 700k with 32gb of ram at a 3600 req, the game on an SSD, so if you have issues remember the game is cpu demanding, and really draws on the ram,

so if your ram is low, and a low freq then you might get that performance loss.

On 7/29/2019 at 4:04 PM, Arikaj said:

I believe you have written very well your essays in school 😄

Not really, could be better but age and posting alot here on various subjects for 10years really helps 😄

On 7/29/2019 at 5:13 PM, beno_83au said:

Contact has been the first campaign I've ever completed (don't ask me why, I don't really know).

What about OFP, Cold War Crisis campaign, or are you specifically just referring to arma3 only?

Only campaigns i've completed were the ones in OFP, lol

1 hour ago, Gunter Severloh said:

What about OFP, Cold War Crisis campaign, or are you specifically just referring to arma3 only?

Only campaigns i've completed were the ones in OFP, lol

I mean since the dawn of OFP time 😁. I've started them all, but for whatever reason I never finish them. Sometimes I think the AI frustrations just get the better of me haha.

• Haha 1