Leopard20

[SOLVED] What is the config path for unit role icons in group bar?

Hello everyone.

Does anyone know the config path (or direct path, if you have found them in de-PBOed addons) for the unit role icons in the group bar (above unit names) ? (e.g. medic, engineer, grenadier, sniper, etc)

Searched the whole config but didn't find anything. Strangely, all subclasses in CfgRoles have identical "sergeant" icons!

The only icon I found was for medics which was in cfgVehicles >> (typeof _unit) >> picture (though I still had to find the actual picture in cfgVehicleIcons, because that one was just a short reference name)

• Like 1

In the ui_f_data.pbo / IGUI / RscInGameUI / RscUnitInfo for role_cargo_ca.paa, role_driver_ca.paa, role_gunner_ca.paa ...

and

ui_f_data.pbo /GUI / cfg / ranks for the ranks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pierremgi said:

In the ui_f_data.pbo / IGUI / RscUnitInfo for role_cargo_ca.paa, role_driver_ca.paa, role_gunner_ca.paa ...

and

ui_f_data.pbo /GUI / ranks for the ranks.

Thanks. 

I'm not on my computer right now, so I can't check. But I looked in this pbo and didn't find any roles. What you mentioned are vehicle roles and ranks, but I mean infantry roles. For example, a grenadier has a grenade icon, or a sniper a bull's-eye-like or target icon, IIRC. Those are what I'm looking for (if you spawn some units in Editor, you'll see what I mean)

Guess I'll have to create my own icons then!

22 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

Does anyone know the config path (or direct path, if you have found them in de-PBOed addons) for the unit role icons in the group bar (above unit names) ? (e.g. medic, engineer, grenadier, sniper, etc)

Depends what you want. On the unit info bar there are three spaces above the units name, being rank & formation number, weapon role, unit role.

Unit role is taken from the units config CfgVehicles > typeof _unit > picture which points to a picture defined under the name in CfgVehicleIcons.

e.g pictureHeal, pictureRepair, pictureExplosive

Weapon Role is based off of the weapon the unit is currently holding, seems to be in the precedence of secondary then primary, CfgWeapons > primary/secondaryWeapon _unit > UiPicture.

e.g

arifle_AK12_GL_arid_F = UiPicture = "\A3\Weapons_F\Data\UI\icon_gl_CA.paa";

As it has a grenade launcher the given picture is GL, circle with grenade.

srifle_LRR_camo_F = UiPicture = "\A3\weapons_f\data\UI\icon_sniper_CA.paa";

Displays sniper icon.

LMG_Mk200_MRCO_F = UiPicture = "\A3\weapons_f\data\UI\icon_mg_CA.paa";

Displays Machine Gunner icon.

launch_NLAW_F = UiPicture = "\A3\Weapons_F\Data\UI\icon_at_CA.paa";

Displays Anti Tank icon.

launch_B_Titan_F = UiPicture = "\A3\Weapons_F\Data\UI\icon_aa_CA.paa";

Displays Anti Air icon.

A lot of weapons just point to "\A3\Weapons_F\Data\UI\icon_regular_ca.paa" which is just a blank image.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Larrow said:

Depends what you want. On the unit info bar there are three spaces above the units name, being rank & formation number, weapon role, unit role.

Unit role is taken from the units config CfgVehicles > typeof _unit > picture which points to a picture defined under the name in CfgVehicleIcons.

e.g pictureHeal, pictureRepair, pictureExplosive

Weapon Role is based off of the weapon the unit is currently holding, seems to be in the precedence of secondary then primary, CfgWeapons > primary/secondaryWeapon _unit > UiPicture.

e.g

arifle_AK12_GL_arid_F = UiPicture = "\A3\Weapons_F\Data\UI\icon_gl_CA.paa";

As it has a grenade launcher the given picture is GL, circle with grenade.

srifle_LRR_camo_F = UiPicture = "\A3\weapons_f\data\UI\icon_sniper_CA.paa";

Displays sniper icon.

LMG_Mk200_MRCO_F = UiPicture = "\A3\weapons_f\data\UI\icon_mg_CA.paa";

Displays Machine Gunner icon.

launch_NLAW_F = UiPicture = "\A3\Weapons_F\Data\UI\icon_at_CA.paa";

Displays Anti Tank icon.

launch_B_Titan_F = UiPicture = "\A3\Weapons_F\Data\UI\icon_aa_CA.paa";

Displays Anti Air icon.

A lot of weapons just point to "\A3\Weapons_F\Data\UI\icon_regular_ca.paa" which is just a blank image.

Thanks. This is exactly what I was looking for!
I didn't notice that grenadier and sniper and stuff like that weren't 'unit roles', thus was looking in the wrong place!