sadfrog17

ServerifyA3 - a dedicated server configuration tool

ServerifyA3 1.5.0.2

• CDLC support

Download link: ServerifyA3 1.5.0.2 (github)

Little confession time - at the time, when i released this tool 2 years ago, i had a big plans on supporting it, adding new features etc. But when i started working with the codebase which, i basically hit concrete wall. There are two major problems with the ServerifyA3 app:

1. WPF is horrible UI framework, literally the worst i dealt in the my entire software engineer career span.

2. Due to point 1. the codebase of application is full of quirks and workarounds around WPF (don't let me start on how painful is to call message box in WPF without breaking MVVM design principle or to update the UI modlist without observable copy of List object), and it basically made it unsupportable - every time you change or add something, another part of app breaks in some convoluted, twisted way. I fully experienced it when i worked on 1.5.0.0 update, and i can definetely say that without Dahlgren's pull requests (huge thanks to him) 1.5.0.0 wouldn't happened at all.

App basically requires full rewrite from groundup, and, to be honest, since my focus shifted and Arma 3 is almost 8 years old game - i'm not willing to do it.

I think that ServerifyA3 still suits basic needs on one single dedicated server configuration and i still use it every time  i want to host A3 game for my friends, but for anything more than that you should use FASTER - it is better in almost every way.

Sorry for inconvinience.

• Sad 2

Good job. It is the best Arma 3 server configurator tool I know.
I would like to add a setting that disables administrator voting, but I have noticed that it is not possible to edit the configuration file because ServerifyA3 overwrites it.
Is it possible to add a setting to the ServerifyA3 configuration files to allow adding parameters?
I would like to add:

allowedVoteCmds [] =
{
{"missions", true, false, 0.75},
{"mission", false, false},
{"kick", true, true, 0.75},
{"restart", true, true, 0.75},
{"reassign", true, true, 0.5}
};

And to finish this: the proper way to remove all voting commands is:
allowedVoteCmds [] = {};

And maybe the possibility, as a logged in administrator, to have access to the debug console

Is this still being worked on ?. I would love to use it if so. @sadfrog17 your last posted update was August 9th 2021. Any word on another update for the Tool ?.

Thanks Mike.

I get an error saying (The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access) upon launch (I can't figure out how to put entire log in post)

Hi

x64 executable crash 20~30second after launched(version 1.5.1.0)

Server Windows disappeard suddenly after this indication  "(time):Dedicated Host Created."

and there are no erroe message at all and x86 executable runs correctly(but memory limit error(?) happens everyday)

i think this error happen after update in 2022.8.23

PC(server) Spec: i5 2500K,DDR3 16GB,240GB HDD,Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PC(for game) Spec:2600X,DDR4 32GB,1TB SSD,Windows 10 Pro 64bit

both pc have same error

how can i fix this?

Edited by donpachiyarou
foget to write date after "i think this error happen after update in"

This program is dead. After the recent Arma 3 update, dedicated server suddenly shuts off after "Dedicated Host Created" information.

There is a "fixed" version of Serverify-A3

Direct link to download: https://github.com/igorkis-scrts/Serverify-A3/suites/8796385248/artifacts/399866211

Thx to LifetimeMistake for the fix and to Björn Dahlgren.

On 1/7/2023 at 12:08 PM, Porkeld said:

There is a "fixed" version of Serverify-A3

Direct link to download: https://github.com/igorkis-scrts/Serverify-A3/suites/8796385248/artifacts/399866211

Thx to LifetimeMistake for the fix and to Björn Dahlgren.

Link broken ?

I have same problem: i can't launch the Dedicated server, the dedicated window shuts off after "Dedicated Host Created" information.

Any fix?

@Porkeld

Is this worth trying? I have some small challenges to get and copy mp missions on dedi server.

On 6/13/2023 at 8:06 PM, [TS]Djmitri said:

I have same problem: i can't launch the Dedicated server, the dedicated window shuts off after "Dedicated Host Created" information.

Any fix?

@Porkeld

I had same problem if I customize the perf server.

If I let all by default it works.

EDIT: in fact no, sometimes it works sometimes not

@To author and people

Is there a way to save the state of a mission, to reload it later ?

thanks