sadfrog17

ServerifyA3 - a dedicated server configuration tool

I can't change the maxping setting's default of 200 and so some of my members in Australia are not able to play. I've tried setting the file to readonly and setting it manually but then the server won't launch.

EDIT:  think I got it. In the "Missions" section I had Forced Difficulty set to "Custom" and thought that would do it, but didn't notice that in the mission list itself, you also need to select a Difficulty there. By default, it was on Recruit, and I've now also set it to Custom. 

-----------

This is a great tool, and thanks for it. However, I am having one problem: it seems to ignore my difficulty settings. I double checked and I have e.g. crosshairs off, but upon joining the server, they are on. This is true for other difficulty settings, too.

I double checked "serverProfile.Arma3Profile" and it looks like the settings are correct there, too. Can't figure this out.

Hi sadfrog17, I have been using serverify for more than half a year and it is amazing. I couldn't play without it. With the new Arma 3 2.00 update it seems my server has stopped working. Are you planning on updating serverify to be compatible with server 2.00?

Kind regards

On 10/17/2020 at 2:34 PM, jesperom said:

Hi sadfrog17, I have been using serverify for more than half a year and it is amazing. I couldn't play without it. With the new Arma 3 2.00 update it seems my server has stopped working. Are you planning on updating serverify to be compatible with server 2.00?

Kind regards

Hi! I'm using it too, and i have no problem with 2.00 update. What is not working?

Btw, small update is planned, if i find source of your issue, i will deliver fir for it in this update too.

7 hours ago, sadfrog17 said:

Hi! I'm using it too, and i have no problem with 2.00 update. What is not working?

Btw, small update is planned, if i find source of your issue, i will deliver fir for it in this update too.

I guess I have a different problem then. When I updated my server using steamCMD everything went fine, but when I wanted to launch it through serverify and also directly on the exe, it gave me an error saying "no running instance of steam found". I have found many people with the same issue, but no one has a solution. Do you know what might be wrong?

Kind Regards

On 10/18/2020 at 11:19 PM, jesperom said:

I guess I have a different problem then. When I updated my server using steamCMD everything went fine, but when I wanted to launch it through serverify and also directly on the exe, it gave me an error saying "no running instance of steam found". I have found many people with the same issue, but no one has a solution. Do you know what might be wrong? 

Kind Regards

Well, i can only suggest to do full clean reinstall Arma 3 Server instance.

Would be kind of neat if there were a way to copy all settings, because it's a pain in the ass to setup full new profiles.

Is it possible to add the ability to allow all missions from the missions folder as opposed to individually whitelisting them? It's not uncommon that sometimes a last minute update to a mission is made and needs to be put on the server. Right now I have to take the server down to add it, drastically slowing down play.

I love this program. It is very well done.
How can I remove the player's vote to become an administrator on my server? Or remove all votes like in TADST?

I want only whoever has the admin password to become admin of the server

Pretty sweet tool!

But, am I blind or something... it won't list the mods under the default WinMod location (Arma3\!Workshop)?

If that's not a bug: could you please add an option to specify a directory the tools looks for mods? So that one doesn't have to add each mod seperately? (missions are listed though!)

Thanks!

@sadfrog17

I know this is a stupid question, but I'm a stupid person...

I see no .exe file in the zip installation?? Am I downloading the wrong things or just being an idiot?

12 hours ago, StickyIckySyrup said:

@sadfrog17

I know this is a stupid question, but I'm a stupid person...

I see no .exe file in the zip installation?? Am I downloading the wrong things or just being an idiot?

You donwloaded the source code. The compiled, ready to use app is in .7z archive on the same page.

Hi all! I have everything up and running again on my dedicated. I have an issue with one problem I already had on my previous server. Even though I turn off visual aid in difficulty settings and set scenario difficulty to custom, I still see white red and green blobs on peoples bodies and vehicles. Is this an issue on my part or a bug?

Hi, first of all thanks for the tool you are creating - finally an improvement over TADST - and sorry for my bad english.

I'm trying to use your tool on our server but when i do it the server gets unstable, so I started comparing the .cfg created by TADST and the .cfg created by ServerifyA3. I found that your tool translates decimals expressed with dot in decimals expressed with comma, I wonder if it could be a problem.

What happens is that if I set on the UI, for example, "MinErrorToSend" to 0.002 and than I save it, the generated .cfg show the value "0,002" (with comma instead of dot) and if I close and reopen ServerifyA3 the value of the variable automatically changes to 2.000.

It is possible that Arma3server and (it seems) also Serverify can't recognize correctly decimals expressed with commas?

thanks for your help

Regards

• Thanks 1

Please make an "Add mods folder" to the mods section or enable select multiple/all when select mod window opens.

Also, when I press launch, it says: Error - Configuration file does not found.

Where does it look for what configuration file?!

"-config=C:\ServerifyA31501\Profiles\537c5efc-fc58-4bb4-8cbd-349f9db83520\server.cfg"

"-cfg=C:\ServerifyA31501\Profiles\537c5efc-fc58-4bb4-8cbd-349f9db83520\basic.cfg"

"-profiles=C:\ServerifyA31501\Profiles\537c5efc-fc58-4bb4-8cbd-349f9db83520" 

They are all there. According to to the Task Manager, the pop-up error message comes from Arma3.exe, not even arma3serverx64.exe

With the same settings TADST works fine. I wonder why 😐

Hi sadfrog17, that's really great program, thank you for your effort.

I'm trying to set up auto starting server.
1. PC will start everyday  at same time (BIOS settings)
2. Windows Task Scheduler will auto run ServerifyA3

How can I setup Serverify to run ("Launch") my server?

Is that possible?

Please allow adding multiple mods and missions at the same time! Cool tool, but it's a pain to add them one by one.

I could just be dumb, but I'm having a small issue with connection. My main two ports, 2302 and 2303 are open, Im not sure if I need to open any more for the dedicated server to work.

But that's not what I'm here for. I'm sure you already have it, but I can't seem to figure out how to schedule restarts. I'd like to, for instance, restart my server(or at least my mission) every hour automatically. Is there any way to do this?

• Like 1

Issue. Server defaults to Recruit. No matter if I set both mission and dificulty settings to custom it still goes back to recruit. Have no clue why . Is it reading some setting files from somewhere else. It created a "new" user profile in my userprofile and this seems odd reset of all my user settings but just copied the ones from my character sorted that. But for server Im clueless of what causing it. Do you need to run the program in admin mode?

Kinda solved, the section where you select  mission difficulty, even if force is selected it don't change in the file. If you have a specified file for missions  it does nothing. Manually when into the file in profiles and changed it to custom and just launched it after starting program and then it stuck. Not tested to go into program and see what it says'  spending way to long time just to get it start in custom mode

Hello! 

I was wondering how to launch the server using the new CDLC's (prairie fire and global mobilistaion) -> I have already updated my steam server to the correct build (vn & gm map is present), but now I cant add the launch parameter in the tool. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

Is it possible to specify a mission that's part of a mod and not located in mpmissions with ServerifyA3?

edit: ok normal missions in mpmissions don't even pick up

ok i got it every info for creating a server is wrong, linux oer windows always something missing, you dont tell me where to find the executable, its meant to use a dedicated server pc for this, but how to download the executable when this pc is not meant for gaming and is uses windows server 2019, i dont want to use rthis on the same machine i am playing!!! i have tried 10 ways to setup a damn server and all of them were dead ends, why the hell is happening this? sorry but its 10 days i am trying to setup the server and no tutorial is working!!