sadfrog17

ServerifyA3 - a dedicated server configuration tool

Great work! It was time to replace TADST, but I have a question: When I setup for the default folder, the program finds the missions, but not the steam mods (in hidden folder:  !workshop). It only shows the mods in the root directory of the arma server executable. How to solve it? TKS !

Not sure if just me or IF I have missed something but everytime I click on "Missions" tab the whole app freezes ( tried on several computers running Windows 10 x64 ) and when I try to rerun the software I get an error stating "One or more errors occurred. Exception cause by ThrowIfExceptional"....

ServerifyA3 1.0.1.1

• "Save Current Profile" button remembers saved profile as default and will try to restore it on next app launch now;
  • Localization Updates;
  • Attempt to fix endless mission tab loading that happens on some user PCs.

Download link: ServerifyA3 1.0.1.1 (github)

Not sure what caused mission tab freeze (no luck in bug reproduction) but try this version and tell me if problem still persists.

11 hours ago, sadfrog17 said:

ServerifyA3 1.0.1.1

• "Save Current Profile" button remembers saved profile as default and will try to restore it on next app launch now;
  • Localization Updates;
  • Attempt to fix endless mission tab loading that happens on some user PCs.

Download link: ServerifyA3 1.0.1.1 (github)

Not sure what caused mission tab freeze (no luck in bug reproduction) but try this version and tell me if problem still persists.

Initial check, fix appears to have worked thanks @sadfrog17. One very minor quick report, Edit Profile section has English "Edit button" and what appears to be Russian "cancel" button. Thanks again for continuing to work on this tool mate, much appreciated

Hello, how would I go about getting the program to grab my mods from the workshop? I was using FAST2 to run my server but was having some weird issues and I like your tool more but I already have all my mods downloaded through steam and for whatever reason they don't show up in Serverify. 

Thanks

Hi, wonderful tool. I have a problem I would like to report. In my setup, the tool cannot change the 'forcedDifficulty' param in the 'server.cfg' file. It retains whatever I choose the first time I run the tool and click 'Save'. If I change the setting in the UI to a different value, let's say I go from 'custom' to 'veteran', the 'server.cfg' file still says 'custom'.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks.

Hi there.

This is a great and easy to config tool for Arma 3 dedicated server.

Congratulations on the result of all the time and effort man.

Question: Is it possible to add an option to clone a existent profile to change name or configuration of the server without to have to config everything from scratch in a new user?

Thanks for your time.

Hey @sadfrog17 is there anyway to enable default missions in Server settings? I can only get access to non-Bi missions?

Also not sure if this bug is happening to just me but changing mods in any profile changes them in all profiles......

It looks like that two latest versions are buggier than the previous ones. At this point i reccomend to use 1.0.1.0 version since it is somewhat more stable for ordinary use.

App basically requires total rewrite of some of it's parts (profile management, at least).

• Thanks 1

I can't seem to get mods to work, I've got them all on the list as it's supposed to be but they don't show up once the server is up. On my client I can spawn in the stuff from the mods but only through arsenal or garage not through Zeus, Zeus (so I assume the server) doesn't recognize it as existing.

Using 1.0.1.0 btw, is there any way to import the modlist from the launcher so I can make sure they're all downloaded and ready?

On 7/28/2019 at 8:39 AM, sadfrog17 said:

Also a little explanatory note:

This project was started as my own private replacement of TADST tool, which i really love but... it is really outdated atm - there are many new parameters, difficulty system rework etc. I needed some very simple tool with GUI to configure our private A3 server, so i decided to write my own - because why not? 😌

ServerifyA3 supports localization, so if you want to see your native tongue as choosable language in the app - i can give a localization file so native speakers can translate everything correctly (with authorship note, of course) and then i will push it into next version.

P.S. I can't change my nickname on biforums for some reason.

Hi, firstly your program is great!. I am new to server management, I would like to know how to change the order of the "final parameters" as I would like to move "CBA_3 mod" to the end of the mod string. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Thanks @sadfrog17 good job!  Replaced the previous tool I was using and now using Serverify makes it way much easier. 

This looks great and like a worthy replacement for TADST. Has the issue regarding workshop mods been resolved, though, i.e. can we adjust where the program looks for mods? For me, that's pretty much the make-or-break issue.

• Like 1

@thirith

I'm working on a direct mod referencing support at the moment. Hopefully, it will be released in the next major update.

• Like 4

Well, this took a lot longer than i initially expected, but the update is finally there.

ServerifyA3 1.5.0.0

• Absolute modification path support;
  • Localization update, typo and wrong localized values fixes;
  • UI rework due to upgrade to latest MahApps.Metro version;
  • A lot of bugfixes, especially on profile, mission and modification app subsystems;
  • Start headless clients together with server;
  • -limitFPS support;
  • -steamProtocolMaxDataSize support;
  • 1440 as default value for MaxPacketSize;
  • Upgrade to .Net Core 3.1;

Also, thanks @Dahlgren for some PRs and especially for Github Actions integration.

Download link (github): ServerifyA3 1.5.0.0

90130833-cb4cb180-dd73-11ea-85ec-c9c039a

• Thanks 1

From your perspective, would you say there's any reason at this point to stick with TADST over Serverify? Is there anything that the former does better or that the latter doesn't do yet?

@thirith

Well, TADST hasn't updated for years and requires a lot of manual config file tuning (especially difficulty settings) since a lot of things have been changed post-Apex, but it still does it's job pretty well.

ServerifyA3 has more config options and different UI, and, hopefully, should be a more stable than previous release (it was somewhat broken for multiple servers configuration, this situation is a lot better since 1.5.0.0).

Tbh, i still think that absolute winner there are FAST/FASTER tools since they can update mods via Steam API and have a lot of functionality that neither TADST nor ServerifyA3 could offer.

Maybe it was even better to contribute to TADST source code instead of writing my own tool, but i still don't like it's UI and Windows Forms as UI framework, so i decided to develop my own tool on WPF for tuning my own private server and then decided to share it with the community. WPF turned out to be an absolute nightmare in disguise, this is why development of tool slowed down to a point where i could deliver only one update in a year.

Anyway, as the ServerifyA3 developer, i will continue to use ServerifyA3, so i'm biased on this topic. 😄

Thanks, that's a useful overview. I'll definitely try out ServerifyA3 - it should be easy enough to do so in parallel to the TADST setup I've got going, and if I realise that there are some things I prefer about TADST I can always return to it and post my feedback here. 🙂

I installed ServerifyA3 yesterday and very much like the look and feel of it. I haven't had much time to play around with it, but I had the following feedback/questions:

• It's great to be able to specify a path for mods, but if you've got a bunch of mods in the same path it is a bit of a hassle to pick each individually. Would there be a way to add a general mod path (say, the Steam Workshop folder) to check automatically for available mods?
  • It would be very handy to have something similar for missions. I keep all of my multiplayer missions in a folder on OneDrive, so I can edit it from any PC. If I could tell Serverify always to look in that folder, that'd be very useful.
  • Also re: missions: is there a way to set all missions to "Play"? While I usually have a couple of missions in mind for any given session, I often have to replan on the fly, so it'd be useful to be able to have all missions available in-game without having to tick them all individually.
  • Still re: missions: I have to admit that I've got a library of way too many missions downloaded (a few hundred). When Serverify checked the folder (I ended up copying everything from that aforementioned OneDrive folder to \mpmissions to see how it worked), it crashed a couple of times and finally only worked after almost ten minutes. Is this something that could be improved on, or will it simply always take that long with a certain number of missions?

It's well possible that some of the things I'm asking already work, but I didn't see how to make them work in the half hour or so I took yesterday to check out Serverify. Perhaps I shouldn't do such things just before going to bed. 🤪

@thirith

32 minutes ago, thirith said:

It is great to be able to specify a path for mods, but if you've got a bunch of mods in the same path it is a bit of a hassle to pick each individually. Would there be a way to add a general mod path (say, the Steam Workshop folder) to check automatically for available mods? 

The app already checks the root folder of server executable (you can use it as temporary solution). About your suggestion - this seems doable, i will try to implement this in the next update.

It would be very handy to have something similar for missions. I keep all of my multiplayer missions in a folder on OneDrive, so I can edit it from any PC. If I could tell Serverify always to look in that folder, that'd be very useful. 

This couldn't be implemented, because Arma 3 strictly uses missions and mpmissions folders. BTW, TADST has the similiar mechanism, it simply does not launches if the executable is outside the Arma 3 root folder. Anyway, i will take a look at what could be done (maybe i could implement the ability to target the folder and copy all missions from it into mpmissions folder 🤔), but no promises there.

Also re: missions: is there a way to set all missions to "Play"? While I usually have a couple of missions in mind for any given session, I often have to replan on the fly, so it'd be useful to be able to have all missions available in-game without having to tick them all individually. 

Will implement this, i think i already have Select All button on Modifications tab, so it could be easily ported.

Still re: missions: I have to admit that I've got a library of way too many missions downloaded (a few hundred). When Serverify checked the folder (I ended up copying everything from that aforementioned OneDrive folder to \mpmissions to see how it worked), it crashed a couple of times and finally only worked after almost ten minutes. Is this something that could be improved on, or will it simply always take that long with a certain number of missions? 

Well, i noticed this thing too (i have about 1000 missions in mpmissions folder, so it lagged for me too, but no crashes) and tried to fight this kind of behaviour, but still no luck. It is somehow tied to WPF internal render mechanism, because mission grabbing asynchrous task does it job pretty quickly.

• Like 1

Cool, thanks. Re: the mission location, I have to check how exactly I've got it set up. TADST does access my missions on the OneDrive, but it's possible I'm using symbolic links in some way that TADST picks up on but Serverify doesn't. (I set this all up years ago and can't remember the exact details.)

Quick update: I've since checked TADST, and while it uses the server .exe in the Arma 3 Server folder, it looks in the Arma 3\mpmissions folder for mission .pbos. I have indeed set things up so that there's a symbolic link from that folder to my OneDrive mission folder. It'd be easy enough to do the same for Arma 3 Server/mpmissions, though it is a bit odd that TADST behaves like this.