dlegion

virtual arsenal custom loadout cant be loaded

hello, i noticed that others got this problem, but the topic was locked without a solution.
to recap: virtual arsenal loadout are grayed out, and cant be loaded. in the past was possible to still load a grayed-out
 loadout, with the probelmatic items just missing, but now it does not laod at all.
in my case, after some investigation, i'm quite sure that the radio of task force is breaking the loadout.
i dont get why i cant load the loadout anyway, obviously with the missing item causing the problem. 
if anyone has a solution would be great. actually only way is to re-do the loadouts from 0....and thats obviously a huge work for many fine tuned loadouts with ACE3 and other mods.
thanks

• Like 1

How are you creating the arsenal and could you provide an export of a loadout that's greyed out?

@dlegion as far as I know it has nothing to do with Task Force Radio. Even loadouts saved that only use vanilla items can't be loaded. A reliable source, a mission and mod coder for those who wish to jump on the bandwagon again, told me that the issue was created by BI's latest release.

We're still trying to find a workaround or solution but so far I wasn't able to get much help.

Edit: I was wrong about the Task Force Radio items. For us it seems to be the mod that is pointed out as being non-Arsenal items, whatever that may mean. For those who use ACE, like us, ACE Arsenal seems to be a solution at this point. The loadouts will still appear greyed out but can still be loaded. The question remains now though that if you import BI Arsenal loadouts into ACE Arsenal in the editor, can they be loaded when using ACE Arsenal in a mission on the server? We never used or set up ACE Arsenal so yeah...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/28/2019 at 4:48 PM, stanhope said:

How are you creating the arsenal and could you provide an export of a loadout that's greyed out?

Heh....i simply use full virtual arsenad at hq in my missions....but even if i just launch game and open virtual arsenal...i can t access my old loadouts that included task force radio.

No idea how solve except make loadout again from start...

Thanks

On 7/28/2019 at 4:51 PM, celticalliance said:

We never used or set up ACE Arsenal so yeah...

Ahh good to know...tomorrow will test this....me never used ace arsenal too...but eorth a try ! Ty

• Like 1

(profileNamespace getVariable ["bis_fnc_saveInventory_data", []]);

^gives you all your saved loadouts in plain text, use copytoclipboard or something to actually get the data out of arma.  Figure out which items are not allowed in arma and remove them from the array, then save it again. 

• Thanks 1

ahhh  awesome !!
was hoping for something like that ! thanks man !
gonna try this afternoon when i'm at home and report back!

** EDIT **

i think i need a little bit more help on this…
how use    copyToClipboard    in this case ?
thanks !

Bug is known, internal ticket is already open. This should be included in next hotfix which is expected to land this or next week.

Btw ACE Arsenal is working fine, which you should really use if you have ACE.

On 7/28/2019 at 3:26 PM, dlegion said:

i'm quite sure that the radio of task force is breaking the loadout.

No it's not, its BI's fault. But TFAR 1.0 runs a script that actually fixes the issue. You can also run it manually in debug console:

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/master/addons/core/functions/fnc_loadoutReplaceProcess.sqf#L22-L55

That will fix issues with TFAR radios, but not the other stuff.

• Thanks 2

hehe… at this point i think i will wait for a fix! thanks for the info guys !