Varathius

Contact DLC: Review and Tips

I enjoyed the DLC, I had no issues with it. I thought however it was a bit short and there were many screenshots and I even believe parts in the video that showed soldiers looking at those orbs (the mini sphere thingies that look like a sun), and I basically encountered two of them randomly, but no interaction happened. I wish there was more to it, so why are there suddenly such spheres lying around. 

The missions were good but really simple, too simple, somewhat linear in terms of the radius of operation and where to go next from the point you were left off last. A lot of the map is basically un-explored during the playthrough, maybe like 20% of the map you see. I encountered a lot of random things by actually just wondering off in the complete wrong direction, that is, until you had the "Wait, I am going the wrong direction" dialogue or similar. 

Basically, would have been nice to add investigative missions on those spheres and perhaps more.

Nevertheless, it was fun! I went basically stealth, only exchanged fire with thugs and ofc, the last mission. 

As for Tips:

In carpe noctum, don't use that thermal map, it is worthless. I used it for 2.5 hours for nothing, I turned it off and went to locations of which one of them was completely out of the thermal areas from the map.

Regarding the thermal map ...

Spoiler

Eddy will automatically display on screen when a root is dedetced, you can than use the map for reference to see if you are on the right track 

for the first time i played ARMA in the SP campaign and i Had fun in the initial part. Good dialogues (maybe the US slang is too accentuated). 
Too  lag i hope that BIS works on it, so far is unaccetable
I don't know why but remember a lot Crysis 1. 

I enjoyed the Contact DLC single-player campaign, however, it was not worth breaking the rest of the game for the one DLC.  The Contact DLC completely rewrote the Map interface and all the tasks.  Gone are all the Map Menu options like accessing your Team or viewing the Situation Report, or any other Map menu option - other than tasks.  Even the tasks they do display are missing their icons, and the only way to see the task description is in a tool-tip.

Worse of all, the Contact DLC breaks every mission that used the BI Task system before the DLC was released.

So while the Contact DLC single-player campaign was enjoyable, it was not worth destroying the rest of the game.  BI had better get their collective heads out of their posterior and fix this problem - soon.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AlaskanGlitch said:

I enjoyed the Contact DLC single-player campaign, however, it was not worth breaking the rest of the game for the one DLC.  The Contact DLC completely rewrote the Map interface and all the tasks.  Gone are all the Map Menu options like accessing your Team or viewing the Situation Report, or any other Map menu option - other than tasks.  Even the tasks they do display are missing their icons, and the only way to see the task description is in a tool-tip.

Worse of all, the Contact DLC breaks every mission that used the BI Task system before the DLC was released.

So while the Contact DLC single-player campaign was enjoyable, it was not worth destroying the rest of the game.  BI had better get their collective heads out of their posterior and fix this problem - soon.

Agree.

I have some other bug happening to me lately; missions I have made after the dlc came out, I can not load randomly (some times I can, other times I don't) because it is missing content. The missing content are addons (and not always the same), addons that I did not even used in the mission I want to open.

Very weird if you ask me.

Hello. Passed the Contact campaign. What I want to say:

1. Amazing !!! Just super !!!

2. The quality of the campaign, details, plot, dialogs, humor, politics, delight and enjoy the game.

3. Detailed levels - locations - the scenery is excellent.

4. The new content itself is cool.

I want to say a lot - I’ll try to fit in a few words:

"You are great, I want further campaigns and missions to take your work as a standard of quality (Law of War and Contact)."

And of course, I would like to immediately like it))) - let the topic of radio signals, bearing and interception develop into an arm !!! This is very cool - operating radio frequencies, walkie-talkies, I wanted all this to go back to standard and be present in the game.

Well, special thanks for the Russian dialogues and slang. I laughed at perfume!))) I really hope that Arma 3 will look into Takistan and I'm sorry did not remember the Administan or something like that !!!

I apologize for bad English (Google translator is to blame).

Keep it up, waiting for your new work.

Spectrum Device and ET signals riddle

SPOILER ALERT!

Once you read this you will gain information how to solve the most complicated riddle in Contact campaign.

It's not that hard, but it need patience and time.

This is a full solution but I have not verified by second play yet. I'm sure of this at 99%.

After reading this you should have an idea how to solve this riddle.

SPOILER ALERT!

Spoiler

Situation

First get close. Not to close, you should feel air blow and force shield hitting you and disrupting device. Stop at save distance to have device working properly.

In Carpe Noctem mission, similar like it was in previous mission - Close Encounters, the main target is to make ET to turn off his force shield. In Carpe Noctem it's a little bit harder.

Close Encounters mission:

Execution

On Spectrum Device all you have to do, is to join small attitude signals in to higher altitude signals or spikes. Start with signals of same altitude, follow from smallest to biggest.

When you listen to two signals of same altitude, one can be different, like it was doubled. I always begin this process from the other signal.

When you have two very high altitude signals, at top high and the mine max signal, you are close to accomplish this.

After you send your signal, in response you can get:

- bad noise, very low tone - that means your signal was incorrect, it's a step back and in response high signal will be divided on few smaller ones again, you have to start this step from beginning;

- good noise, middle tone - good, is a next step, you moving forward, you are on good way;

- no noise, is good too I think... middle tone is good and no noise is like 'no step back or forward';

The Next Level

Later on when ET will start emitting new kind of signals, you will step up on a new level of difficulty.

After you hear that new signals, you have to start sending different combinations, not only a static noise but music recordings too. I'm not sure if this combination pattern is static and always the same through all gameplays, probably not.

So I can't give you send a-b-c signals solution here. Use your own intelligence, be patient and try to use all combinations of static noise with music samples, till you unlock the power shield.

And that leads to...

Spoiler

Stealth mode

With this riddle solved there is no need to kill anyone... and you can go through Contact in full stealth mode. There is one more thing... but I will left that one for you. Have fun!

Screenshots from close to tip place:

Spoiler

FE332188332E004E72855672E6396C6983A5D4B8

and the final place:

Spoiler

43698C851BD50767597AAA2BE89D75E243661A88

Hi to all!

Well.. I bought Contact DLC, although I have read that many complain about the low fps during campaign.

I dont have some strong machine, but to play other A3 stuff, I dont have some bigger problems.

Well, with Contact DLC I have a really low fps, something about 15-20... 25 max!

The specifications of my computer are:

gpu: nVidia GeForce 670 2gb ddr5 256 byte

cpu: AMD A10 5800k quad core (4.2 x 4)

ram: 16gb ddr3 1866MHz

I noticed that while playing the game, it has the most problems with loading textures, for example, when I approach a soldier, his head is blank at first, white ... only later the textures come into place. It is the same with objects, vehicles ...

Whether in your opinion moving the game to ssd would solve the problem? Or, do you have any tips what should i do to raise FPS?

Because this is how I feel I was throwing money at the bad DLC and i am very disappointed in bohemia...