mankyle

Arma 3 Contact new Antenna Module

Does anyone knows how to set the module?

I have synchronized the module with several entities and using the spectrum device I get a "signal spike" on the frequency I set in the module but it dissapears after 1 second or so. 

I have also looked at the biki and there is no docummentation about that new module

13 minutes ago, mankyle said:

Does anyone knows how to set the module?

I have synchronized the module with several entities and using the spectrum device I get a "signal spike" on the frequency I set in the module but it dissapears after 1 second or so. 

I have also looked at the biki and there is no docummentation about that new module

hey Mankyle , it's the same problèms with the new Objectifs and diary system , no information and docummentation , i think Bohemia realese in the next update . I need this information me too . if you have intel please tell me 😉 

I have tried setting high values and I can detect some emissions. I have set four modules with different musica and different frequencies and I have synchronized them with a Game Logic and I can detect the transmissions.

I have tried setting similar values in another module, synchronized with a communications chicle but in this case it didn't work.

I supose that a High Command System of sorts could be set so when giving waypoints to squads one could set transmissions but this could require a lot of modules for each squad.

1 hour ago, mankyle said:

I have tried setting high values and I can detect some emissions. I have set four modules with different musica and different frequencies and I have synchronized them with a Game Logic and I can detect the transmissions.

I have tried setting similar values in another module, synchronized with a communications chicle but in this case it didn't work.

I supose that a High Command System of sorts could be set so when giving waypoints to squads one could set transmissions but this could require a lot of modules for each squad.

I think bohémia need to give documentation for new modul and system mechanic for objectifs diary , radio and all new mechanics of the dlc , is realy nice concept for new mission , style Electronique war . 

1 hour ago, mankyle said:

A sample mission in editor format it's attached at the end of the post.

Well let's start about the module itself, i've been using it just to have a reference antenna, by placing it not synced to anything at the right altitude for matching map antenna object altitude.

ID: i set it to: radio1

checked transmission and static

signal: EM_RadioStation_Song_01

Antenna settings: NATO network

it will start playing the music on the antenna as seen in the contact campaign.

for making LDF patrols (works just on LDF units for what i've tested so far) to be "hacked" and moved to a determined position do what follows.

1. Place an LDF group (for this example i'll be using a fireteam)

2. Click on the group's attributes (click on the green square upon the team leader)

3. In the init field put this short line of code:

this call BIN_fnc_initAISquad;

4. in the field named composition contact:

4a.  we'll set Company ID to C01 in this example (IDs are unique so bear this in mind)

4b. we'll set Squad ID to Alpha in this example (IDs are unique so bear this in mind)

4c. Check the ping square

4d. Check Automatic Callback

4e. Set cheat to temporary or permanent as you wish.

5. add a patrol waypoint to the group (they'll be starting to randomly patrol around)

but if you want them to hold the position add a game logic named: Patrol Waypoint, which you can find under: Game Logic -> Objects.
Sync this game logic to EVERY member of the group, double click on the logic, scroll the menu and choose fireteam (this last is mandatory but it gives to the group a set of nice animations).

The Patrol waypoint must be added for making the system to work, otherwise you'll get negative answers from the enemy group, once you "hack" them to move south or north or whatever.

[Just remember that you need a Military Antenna DSE (78-89 Mhz)].

you're done with the patrols thing.

JAMMING A UAV

Place a flying UAV in the editor and in its init field put this short line of code:

this call BIN_fnc_initUAV;

the system is up an running and you're done for the UAV jamming thing [Just remember that you need a Jammer antenna DSE (433 Mhz)].

Once the UAV have landed if you reach its position you'll get the action for deactivate it, making it in a !alive driver condition (usefull for tasks).

JAMMING A UGV

Place a UGV in the editor and in its init field put this short line of code:

this call BIN_fnc_initUGV;

the system is up an running and you're done for the UGV jamming thing [Just remember that you need a Jammer antenna DSE (433 Mhz)].

Once you've jammed the UGV approach it keeping the jamming on and slowly walk to its position and you'll get the action for deactivate it,

making it in a !alive driver condition (usefull for tasks).
If the UGV it's armed and you don't approach it keeping the jam on and not by slowly walking, you're simply dead.

You have to place not empty UAVs or UGVs for making the system to work properly.

7 hours ago, Julien Patacchini said:

hey Mankyle , it's the same problèms with the new Objectifs and diary system , no information and docummentation , i think Bohemia realese in the next update . I need this information me too . if you have intel please tell me 😉 

This is the same as the common ARMA 3 method, by placing the task modules, keeping in mind that the task ID and the Main task ID must be different and unique to make everything to work properly, this is the only one thing that differs from the vanilla game.

The name of the functions is not wrong, it is not BIS_fnc but BIN_fnc, i believe it stands for Bohemia Interactive Netherlands

SAMPLE MISSION DOWNLOAD

Hope this post helps

Cheers guys.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hey @simon1279 thanks for the explanation. 
Does any of the drone hacking stuff work in multiplayer?

@JD Wang as far as i know Arma 3 contact doesn't have a multiplayer option in its menu, and the radio stuff it's not available for contact platform

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi so i dont know if this is still of interest to you but i got an AAF squad to push out pings and move where you want them to in your example

ofc if this isnt new to you you can ignore this otherwise check this out i suppose, in-game the Bravo squad is the AAF version with an LDF operator

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x44b-e0n-ZPuISvVBMBHsAoD5LuwQT-i/view?usp=sharing

Tell me if something is wrong