Arzzet

Hosting a game

Hi, I bought ArmA 3 apex version because I love what I saw when people play. But after trying to play with my friends who bought the game with me, we get so frustrated.

we want to play a coop mission, or a scenario where make a cool operation, or host our own game. But the only thing we can do is try to enter a randomly found server to play some mode like king of the hill where is like nonsense deathmatch. No comms and random ppl unorganized. This is not what we wanted when decided to try. 

So I’ve tried every thing I saw on tutorials, forums etc, to host my own game. Opened ports, created mpscenarios with the editor, in all the ways I see the people do. Downloaded programs like hamachi...And nothing. My friend cannot ever find my game. What I’m doing wrong? We are already trying things for a week, many hours. And only could play together in some random nonsense game.

Please help! 

Hi and welcome to this forum.

Have you run a port checker to verify that the correct ports are opened?  Which ports have you opened?

Are you using a program like tadst to help launch a server? 

Hi, I didn’t run a port checker, I don’t know what is that. I’ve opened 2300-2305 plus 3478, 4379-4380,27000-27050 as I saw this are steam ports and are recomended aswell ( this is from a tutorial on YT )

I’ve downloaded TADST but didn’t use it because as I was watching ( another YT tutorial ) I understood is related to help you in a dedicated server, but what I need/want is to be the host in my pc. 

Shall I try with TADST? I’m not seeing anybody doing that to host server except for the one vid I saw and was about dedicated servers...

I have Apex version, but my friend runs the vanilla one, is that an issue? I don’t think so because he can see other servers with dlc he diesn’t own...

Thanks for the welcome and for the reply. I hope we can find out how to do it.

I suggest to open 2302 up to 2310, just in case.  And while you might not need tadst I find it helpful to host a server.

6 hours ago, Arzzet said:

I have Apex version, but my friend runs the vanilla one, is that an issue?

It is not

I’ll try, but I’m hopeless at this point. 😞 . Over.