El' Rabito

Base light overhaul (+EBM)

While searching for the reason why the lights on our server didn't work, i made some changes in the default files.
You can now turn on/off every light source in your base like the default Exile Floodlights. Since i use EBM on our server i included all available lights.

The generator has a range of 100m, if you want to change that look for the number 100 in both files (End of line 14).
( ExileClient_object_portableGenerator_switchOn & ExileClient_object_portableGenerator_switchOff)

Demo GIF

#####################################        
#############  INSTALLATION #########

##>1. Copy the four files into the folder \Server\mpmissions\Exile.YOURMISSION\custom\Lights\
##>2. Add the lines below to your CfgExileCustomCode located in config.cpp in your missionfile.

class CfgExileCustomCode
{

//LightFix
ExileServer_object_floodLight_network_toggleFloodLightRequest = "custom\Lights\ExileServer_object_floodLight_network_toggleFloodLightRequest.sqf";
ExileClient_object_floodLight_network_toggleFloodLightRequest.sqf = "custom\Lights\ExileClient_object_floodLight_network_toggleFloodLightRequest.sqf";
ExileClient_object_portableGenerator_switchOn = "custom\Lights\ExileClient_object_portableGenerator_switchOn.sqf";
ExileClient_object_portableGenerator_switchOff = "custom\Lights\ExileClient_object_portableGenerator_switchOff.sqf";

};

Github (Download)

# License Info: If you server is named KFB (Kentucky Fried Bambi) you have no permission to use this. Any violation will result in a DMCA.

• Like 5

I love this option. I just wanted to clarify something about it. Does this require a generator to work the lights? and if it does require it, when the server starts does it start with all the lights turned off? In hopes that the only way the base lights are turned on is if someone during the round actually switched on the generator.  

Thanks,

Panda

20 hours ago, Panda Pilot said:

I love this option. I just wanted to clarify something about it. Does this require a generator to work the lights? and if it does require it, when the server starts does it start with all the lights turned off? In hopes that the only way the base lights are turned on is if someone during the round actually switched on the generator.  

Thanks,

Panda

Yes you need exile generator. By default the lights are on but you can use something like the code below from Exile-Z or if you use Exile-Z just turn on the option EZM_LightsOff in the Exile-Z config and update the code to the code below (Configured for Chernarus 2035)
exilez_mod\scripts\LightsOff.sqf

{
	{
		_x setDamage 0.90;
	}foreach(getArray(configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "centerPosition") nearObjects [_x,20000]);
}
foreach
[
	"Land_LightHouse_F",
	"Land_Lighthouse_small_F",
	"Land_LampAirport_F",
	"Land_LampDecor_F",
	"Land_LampHalogen_F",
	"Land_LampHarbour_F",
	"Land_LampShabby_F",
	"Land_LampStreet_F",
	"Land_LampStreet_small_F",
	"Land_FloodLight_F",
	"Land_PortableLight_single_F",
	"Land_PortableLight_double_F",
	"Land_PowerPoleWooden_L_F",
	"Land_Lampa_ind_zebr",
	"Land_Lampa_ind",
	"Land_Lampa_sidl",
	"Land_Lampa_sidl_2",
	"Land_Ind_Expedice_2",
	"Land_Ind_Expedice_1",
	"Land_PowLines_ConcL",
	"Land_PowLines_WoodL",
	"Land_Ind_Vysypka",
	"Land_Mil_Guardhouse",
	"Land_A_GeneralStore_01a",
	"Land_Vez_Silo",
	"Land_Mil_House",
	"Land_NAV_Lighthouse",
	"Land_Ind_Mlyn_03",
	"Land_Ind_Mlyn_04"
];

On 7/27/2019 at 2:38 PM, El' Rabito said:

While searching for the reason why the lights on our server didn't work, i made some changes in the default files.
You can now turn on/off every light source in your base like the default Exile Floodlights. Since i use EBM on our server i included all available lights.

The generator has a range of 100m, if you want to change that look for the number 100 in both files (End of line 14).
( ExileClient_object_portableGenerator_switchOn & ExileClient_object_portableGenerator_switchOff)

Demo GIF

#############  INSTALLATION #########

##>1. Copy the four files into the folder \Server\mpmissions\Exile.YOURMISSION\custom\Lights\
##>2. Add the lines below to your CfgExileCustomCode located in config.cpp in your missionfile.

class CfgExileCustomCode
{

//LightFix
ExileServer_object_floodLight_network_toggleFloodLightRequest = "custom\Lights\ExileServer_object_floodLight_network_toggleFloodLightRequest.sqf";
ExileClient_object_floodLight_network_toggleFloodLightRequest = "custom\Lights\ExileClient_object_floodLight_network_toggleFloodLightRequest.sqf";
ExileClient_object_portableGenerator_switchOn = "custom\Lights\ExileClient_object_portableGenerator_switchOn.sqf";
ExileClient_object_portableGenerator_switchOff = "custom\Lights\ExileClient_object_portableGenerator_switchOff.sqf";

};

Github (Download)

Github download does not work, 404.

On 05.03.2021 at 21:13, BSBS Vladick said:

Не работает загрузка Github, 404.

Search on github Exile-Base-light-overhaul, you can find it from other users.

7 hours ago, DEH4NK said:

Search on github Exile-Base-light-overhaul, you can find it from other users.

Thank you for the reply. I searched github and got this: We couldn’t find any repositories matching 'Exile-Base-light-overhaul'

2 hours ago, BSBS Vladick said:

Спасибо за ответ. Я поискал github и получил следующее: мы не смогли найти ни одного репозитория, соответствующего 'Exile-Bas e-light-overhaul'

https://github.com/ThomasTKO/Exile-Base-light-overhaul