Arondight912

RHS MICH Components

Hello, not sure if this belongs in here or in the modelling section, and I wasn't able to find out through searching nor trial and error.

Trying my hand at a reskin of one of the MICH Helmets from the RHS USF mod.

I've got the texture file completed and ready to use, but when I try to do a texture check in game, through the setObjectTexture script, it still will not appear.

I've tried applying it to components 0 through roughly 12, but no change.

Can someone give me a break down of what the components of the helmet actually are?  Thank you

On 7/27/2019 at 11:24 PM, Arondight912 said:

through the setObjectTexture script

mind showing us "the script"?

You cannot retexture helmets via setObjectTexture, because you need to provide the object as argument to setObjectTexture, but you cannot get a reference to the helmet object.

You need a mod with a config retexture.

I have a mission folder for the purpose of testing the textures before I move further with putting together an addon. 

There are 2 textures in the root folder, one is a retexture of the mich helmet, the other is a retexture of the uh-60.

Note, I am only attempting to reskin the MICH helmet, only trying the UH-60 to see what works.

For the UH-60, I am using:

SetObjectTexture [0, "ss60_fuselage_co.paa"]

This one works. 

For the mich, I am using

this setObjectTexture [0, "bare_mich_tan_norotos_arc_co2.paa"];

I've also tried using different object versions of the helmet.  None of those work either.

This is what I have so far:

ELTK19y.jpg

9 hours ago, Arondight912 said:

For the UH-60, I am using:

no you don't. the left argument for setObjectTexture is missing.

9 hours ago, Arondight912 said:

For the mich, I am using 

what is "this"? The helmet on the ground? in that case you retexturing the weapon holder, but a weapon holder doesn't have any textures. As I said you cannot retexture weapons (helmets, guns, items) using setObjectTexture, because you cannot get a reference to the object itself.

Okay, so I've moved a bit further, trying to compile an addon so I can test the texture out.

For reference, I am following this guide as much I can, considering I haven't done this before: 

When using BinPBO to attempt to compile the addon, I get a notification that there is an error in my config.cpp.  The content of the config is as follows:

enum {// = 2, // Error parsing: Empty enum nameDESTRUCTENGINE = 2,DESTRUCTDEFAULT = 6,DESTRUCTWRECK = 7,DESTRUCTTREE = 3,DESTRUCTTENT = 4,STABILIZEDINAXISX = 1,STABILIZEDINAXESXYZ = 4,STABILIZEDINAXISY = 2,STABILIZEDINAXESBOTH = 3,DESTRUCTNO = 0,STABILIZEDINAXESNONE = 0,DESTRUCTMAN = 5,DESTRUCTBUILDING = 1,};

class CfgPatches 
    {
        class DetOneMICH { 
            units[] = {};
            weapons[] = {};
            requiredVersion = 0.1;
            requiredAddons[] = {"DetOne_mich_bare_norotos_arc_tan"};
            };
    };

class cfgWeapons 
    {
        class Item_rhsusf_mich_bare_norotos_arc_tan;
        class HeadgearItem;
        class DetOne_mich_bare_norotos_arc_tan: Item_rhsusf_mich_bare_norotos_arc_tan

{scope = 2;weaponPoolAvailable = 1;

displayName = "DetOne Coyote MICH Norotos ARC";
    picture = "\A3\characters_f\Data\UI\icon_H_HelmetB_CA.paa";
    model = "\A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\headgear_b_helmet_ballistic";

hiddenSelections[] = {
    {"camo"};hiddenSelectionsTextures[]    = {"DetOneMICH\Data\bare_mich_tan_norotos_arc_co2.paa"};
    class ItemInfo : HeadgearItem {
        mass = 100;
        uniformModel = "{DetOneMICH\Data\mich_bare_01_nor1_arc.p3d"};
        modelSides[] = {3, 1};
        armor = 3*0.5;
        passThrough = 0.8;
        hiddenSelections[] = {"camo"};
            };
        };

};

Any ideas as far as what's not right in the config?

I also do not have a P: partition on my hard drive.  Is it absolutely necessary to create one?