Julien Patacchini

New Objectifs And Note system (CONTACT)

Hey dears Friends , i see one change in my Campaign création editor , For the Objectifs list and description (Intel) Nothing is present whit the new system of contact . 

When i go in the map for see my list of objectif and for see the intel   , i have just this screen .  i need to see all information and diary present  in my brefing.sqf . thx for take times to tell me . 

Spoiler

1564260879-help.png

• Like 2

I'm also looking for an answer to this question. The new task system for contact is a bit odd, objectives don't show up on the objectives list for me unless it is a parent objective with at least 1 sub-objective.

It also really bothers me that diary records don't seem to show up anywhere on the map or game screen anymore, which makes retrieving intel folders useless

I also would like to see the Tasks and Briefing back on the menu screen. My Arma runs better with Contact running (somehow) so I prefer to keep it active even though normally it isn't necessary to access the Contact assets.

This has to be a bug that they will eventually fix.  I can't believe that Bohemia would throw away all their work on their Task Overhaul for this piece of crap they presented in Contact that doesn't even work properly.  None of the icons for the tasks appear (except on the scoreboard, after you leave the mission), the description of the task appears as a stupid tool-tip, and they've eliminated the Map menu completely.  You can no longer access your Team, the Diary Record, or any other Map menu option other than Tasks, but worst of all it breaks every mission created using the Task system before the Contact DLC was released.

@soceris

Okay so it's a new system and it's got some bugs that need to be worked out, I get that.

Only thing I don't understand is how did the official contact missions themselves add or make use of the note system? Like, you play the mission, open your map, scroll over to the note section and see a list of note entries. If that's going to replace diary records or mission briefing entries I'm fine with that, I just can't get it to work with the create diary record module and extensive searching through the changelog has not revealed anything so I just want to know how they got the notes to work in their official missions but I can't get it to work in mine

The removal of the Briefing and Task list as well as the team tab is unacceptable to me. Those were important elements for the military sim aspect of game play. I support Bohemia which is why I bought Contact, I want the content and updates but I don't want the game to start looking and playing like a RPG, its a Milsim and should look and feel like a Milsim.

I hope that Bohemia will consider offering an "old school" interface for the map screen. Many user made missions depend on the Task list in game.

P.S. They wanted to give it a "fresh look". I wonder out of all the things that players have asked for or complained about was the map screen really something that needed screwing with. As far as I'm concerned it worked well.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2019 at 2:32 PM, MitchyG117 said:

@soceris

Okay so it's a new system and it's got some bugs that need to be worked out, I get that.

Only thing I don't understand is how did the official contact missions themselves add or make use of the note system? Like, you play the mission, open your map, scroll over to the note section and see a list of note entries. If that's going to replace diary records or mission briefing entries I'm fine with that, I just can't get it to work with the create diary record module and extensive searching through the changelog has not revealed anything so I just want to know how they got the notes to work in their official missions but I can't get it to work in mine

I've been able to discern a few things about this Contact task system.

• The task description appears as a tool-tip when your mouse hovers over the title of the mission.
  • The Diary Record is available, but only in multiplayer and only at the beginning map, before the mission begins.  Once you close the map and start the mission in multiplayer, then like single-player, the Diary Record (as well as all the other Map menu items) is not accessible.
  • None of the Contact tasks use icons, but if you are using multiplayer and have the Scoreboard show up, the icons for the tasks will appear in the Scoreboard.
  • For the Contact tasks to work correctly, there must be primary and secondary task.  Having only one level, or more than two levels, does not display the task correctly.

I'm not sure how they got the Notes to works.  I've tried using Briefing, but no luck.

They effectively broke every mission that had been created for the last six years with their Contact DLC.  The only option is to disable the DLC, never use it again, and seriously question supporting Bohemia in the future.

You guys are completely missing the point of the tweet. If you want to play Arma as you are used to don't load the Contact DLC. You still get all the cool new toys.

If you want to play Arma for the aliens and the custom scenarios that use them you launch with Contact.

If you are designing missions for Contact you have to take this new interface into account. It's the way of the world in Contact.

You have to think of Contact as a different game with a different design language, hence why they call it a spin-off expansion. 

This ought to be evident just by the different main menu and no multiplayer...

TL DR:

Old mission: Start without Contact. It won't benefit from it anyway.

New mission: If it's designed specifically for Contact then, and only then, launch Contact.

On 8/3/2019 at 12:32 AM, MitchyG117 said:

@soceris

Don't think there's any documentation on that (yet). Check out the modules section in the Contacts editor and see if you can find something relevant there.

Otherwise you'll have to wait for the docs to be updated or the expansion files to be converted to PBO's so they can be unpacked and investigated.

Edited by mrcurry
Fixed formatting

22 minutes ago, mrcurry said:

You guys are completely missing the point of the tweet. If you want to play Arma as you are used to don't load the Contact DLC. You still get all the cool new toys.

If you want to play Arma for the aliens and the custom scenarios that use them you launch with Contact.

If you are designing missions for Contact you have to take this new interface into account. It's the way of the world in Contact.

You have to think of Contact as a different game with a different design language, hence why they call it a spin-off expansion. 

This ought to be evident just by the different main menu and no multiplayer...

:yeahthat:I couldn't have said it better. Think of Contact DLC as a complete game conversion, and NOT an ADDON. Besides, I really like the new map look, and sure, I could use the "old" tabs in it, but honestly, you can live without it easily.

• Thanks 1

Well some of you make a very good point about Contact being a different DLC spin-off expansion. However, what does taking away a piece of the old game achieve? There is no good reason for it, it does not provide any benefit. If all I wanted was additional content I could download something from Armaholic or Steam (and get more content). In the past, DLC's weren't mandatory but enhanced the game experience overall.  Strangely, running the Contact DLC makes my Arma 3 game more stable as I had been experiencing random freezing for the past several months (unable to determine the cause). This tells me that there are more than content and cosmetic changes to Contact that I benefit from.

All I want is the option to use the old map and scoreboard.

By The Way; There is some content that is exclusive to Contact only. It isn't anything significant, you could certainly live without it but it is enough to prevent a mission created in Contact from loading without the DLC active. All the Contact being available in the editor if you have the DLC is not 100% accurate (Bohemia never said that it would be but that is the assumption many are making).