TERRAIN HANDED OVER TO @Igor Nikolaev , PLEASE REFERENCE HIM FOR ALL FUTURE WORK. BEEN A FUN RIDE WITH ARMA FOR ME, SEE Y'ALL LATER!

New-Banner.png

Gila is a re-imagining of my first terrain, Vacant. I learned a tremendous amount in my first year of terrain creation, and decided to apply that new knowledge to an already existing terrain location, rather then move onto a completely new project. Just to clarify, although it shares a similar setting, this is in fact a completely new terrain. Much improved in every regard.

I hope you enjoy this creation of mine, as much as I have enjoyed making it. Good luck on surviving the harsh environment of Gila!

Map Size: 10km by 10km

Cell Size: 2m

Required Addons: None

Recommended Addons/Tips:

Ravage 

EO's Addons

Enhanced Movement

For best visuals, I recommend using 105 Saturation, 105 Brightness, and 105 Contrast from the in game color settings (settings were used for all the screenshots). These are also my settings I use for any other terrain, for what its worth. 

Special Thanks:

Everyone over at the A3 Terrain-Dev Discord (without them, none of this would have been possible

@haleks  and the Ravage community (for creating a mod that inspired a simple mission maker to venture into the world of terrain building)

Everyone in my gaming community that put up with me bouncing countless ideas off them (-WWF-)

The team over at Chernarus Redux for a lot of inspiration

Any questions, criticism, comments, or pictures are welcome here.

Download Link/Photo Gallery:

(Steam Workshop) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1817171402

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much @acoustic and congratulations for the release !  :thumbs-up:

Ps : in the code above instead of typing 5000000 , you can use worldsize .

• Like 3

Grats with release my dude! 🙂

• Like 3

Great work ! Thanx a lot acoustic ! I really like Vacant too ! 

:slayer:

• Like 1

Nice one, downloading it..

• Like 1

First Congrats on the release nice looking map, it is looking good and will make place for some nice after War missions.

@acoustic that little snippet of code you can put inside your map, can it be used in another maps too, if it can i can't get it to work on the Pulao map from Temppa.

I just put the code inside the Init field of the GameLogic.

i run the game with RHS mods, 3den enhanced, Blastcore (standalone edition) and Hermes AirLift Services mod.

Any idea what i can do ?

// Play3r

1 hour ago, Play3r said:

First Congrats on the release nice looking map, it is looking good and will make place for some nice after War missions.

@acoustic that little snippet of code you can put inside your map, can it be used in another maps too, if it can i can't get it to work on the Pulao map from Temppa.

I just put the code inside the Init field of the GameLogic.

i run the game with RHS mods, 3den enhanced, Blastcore (standalone edition) and Hermes AirLift Services mod.

Any idea what i can do ?

// Play3r

Code had an error in it, fixed! Should work now, if the buildings contain those damaged textures.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, acoustic said:

{ _x setdamage 0.9;}

5 hours ago, Play3r said:

Any idea what i can do ?

You can also use the initserver.sqf to add this code and

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setDamage

just one more thing that is good to mention , is about the effects :

Spoiler

object setDamage [damage, useEffects]        Since Arma 3 v1.67

Parameters:

object: Object

[damage, useEffects]: Array

damage: Number

useEffects: Boolean - false to skip destruction effects. Default: true

there is a different nice example from @pierremgi that i notice in a reply of acoustic's topic :

• Like 1

Hey Acoustic, I got your message on Discord, sorry I wasn't around to chat with you. I really liked the Vacant terrain so I'm definitely going to give this one a go with Ravage! Thanks for letting me know, this looks very cool! - Cheers

• Like 1