Sign in to follow this  
MyKeyBlue

Russians in Arma 3

With the Contact DLC coming out and the Spetsnaz being added, I was wondering if we would see the actual Russian forces be added to the game. It would be a simple reskin to have them added to the game, as basically all of the CSAT equipment is Russian. I know I would be In love with the idea of the Russians being added, and I'm sure a large amount of the community would as well. I know that Bohemia wants to push away from the Russians always being the bad guys (or so I read somewhere a long time ago), but the Russians are an extremely fun faction to play as and I would personally get a lot of playtime out of them. Thanks!

Hi and welcome to this forum. 

Can't you just use mods like RHS or CUP for this? 

ArmA 3 Aegis by AveryTheKitty maybe something you are looking for. It may not be official but it keeps to 2035 theme and blends well with vanilla.

• Thanks 1

my prev comment:

Contact dialogue " DID you hear? Russia enter in CSAT!"

Clearly the next dlc will be with a full Russian army 2035, i don't believe that BI devs leave as is alone the specnaz, with Russian language already in game! I hope in Bumerang k1a like IFV wheeled. Chernarus  terrain is highly probable. A sort of contact continuation maybe a ratnik 3 option

On 7/27/2019 at 10:00 AM, stanhope said:

Hi and welcome to this forum. 

Can't you just use mods like RHS or CUP for this? 

If I wanted to use them for Modern stuff I could, but I was really hoping for an official 2035 Expansion for them since all the assets are in the game and just need a quick aesthetic change for them. Otherwise I wouldn't mind using it.

On 7/28/2019 at 1:05 AM, harper1998 said:

There is also 2035: Russian Armed Forces

I mean that's all fine and good, but the differences in the content compared to the base game stuff always was jarring to me, it's more of a pet peeve for me and less about it being practical. Was just hoping someone heard anything about any sort of official expansion.

On 7/28/2019 at 2:03 AM, zukov said:

my prev comment:

Contact dialogue " DID you hear? Russia enter in CSAT!"

Clearly the next dlc will be with a full Russian army 2035, i don't believe that BI devs leave as is alone the specnaz, with Russian language already in game! I hope in Bumerang k1a like IFV wheeled. Chernarus  terrain is highly probable. A sort of contact continuation maybe a ratnik 3 option

I'd certainly hope this is the case, but I'm not 100% sure, most things I've found point towards Contact being the last official DLC from Bohemia. I hope that's not the case with the Russians being left so open but idk, I'm not holding out a lot of hope for a big DLC. Just some hope on a small update or a patch, or maybe a small little dlc with reskins. 

3 minutes ago, MyKeyBlue said:

I'd certainly hope this is the case, but I'm not 100% sure, most things I've found point towards Contact being the last official DLC from Bohemia. I hope that's not the case with the Russians being left so open but idk, I'm not holding out a lot of hope for a big DLC. Just some hope on a small update or a patch, or maybe a small little dlc with reskins. 

is not a big dlc ,T14, Ifrit (punisher) , trucks planes and choppers are already in game just some soldiers and a wheeled IFV,  and i hope  a T100/BREM like counterpart of bobcat.  I don't exclude finally a Heer 2035, who knows.....

Contact did not say that Russia joined CSAT.

Contact said that Russia was considering joining CSAT.

Spoiler

They also said that Russia was unhappy with the NATO military exercises on its borders, and such provacative actions may drive it to join CSAT... or something implying that/similar to that.

In the end, NATO forces (even if small and not with official sanction) helped the Ruskies fight Livonians, so that seems like it would improve NATO-Russia relations and improve the chances of Russia staying out of CSAT.

And then there's the little thing where Aliens visited, and the world learned that we aren't alone, and have a common problem to deal with. Alien contact could be very unifying, and make the CSAT-NATO thing seem pointless...

But in the main arma timeline without AYYLMAOs? who knows.

At least for the T-140 you have a generic dark grey camo scheme or 2 tone green that could fit the Ruskies well. The CSAT helos have a plain black color scheme that should work well for Ruskies too.

Mi-48%20Kajman(black).jpg?w=600

latest?cb=20180308191807

latest?cb=20180310083532

If only this didn't have the CSAT insignia, or the hex stuff at the front (I forget, doe neophrons have a similar color scheme, or was that from a mod?)

latest?cb=20190713042442