Sign in to follow this  
celticalliance

Update 1.94 - Custom loadouts BROKEN

Yes, I am here again. With yet another issue that again broke our set up.

We have discovered that none of us can load custom loadouts through the BIS Arsenal. They all appear greyed out. And no, we have all the mods required running etc., so that is not the cause. The cause is the 1.94 update.

Even when I save a brand new custom loadout with VANILLA items the loadout still can't be loaded afterwards. It again appears greyed out.

I am sorry, but with every update you guys release something breaks. I as the server admin am forced to spend hours to find info that is non-existent and it's starting to annoy the hell out of me.

What determines something is incompatible? The mods are running on server level and on client level, so the loadouts should be allowed to be loaded, is it? This is really starting to become a drag really. So some explanation would be nice.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, celticalliance said:

I am sorry, but with every update you guys release something breaks. I as the server admin am forced to spend hours to find info that is non-existent and it's starting to annoy the hell out of me.

Hi, fellow mission maintainer here.  I had a version with all the fixes to my mission lined up a week before it was due to release.  Heck, it was already running on the server 3 days before the DLC came out.  On the day itself I only had to fix 1 very minor issue.  BI is not to blame here, it's to be expected that some stuff will break in every update.  That's only normal.  And you clearly know this, so why didn't you go on dev branch and, like me, fix all the broken things before the DLC was fully released?

As for your issue you're trying to troubleshoot, how do you add the arsenal to the object you're using as your arsenal and could you provide an exported loadout that cannot be loaded? 

• Sad 1

Stanhope, I did not know about any upcoming changes that would break our missions. And no, I maintain the server, not our missions. They are made by somebody else.

It is only normal for every update to break something? I should know this? You have got some nerve, not to mention a typical attitude I see way too much around here. Which explains why I hardly come here and post here, let alone post about issues on the feedback tracker. I always get the same attitudes.

I have quite a busy working life and a very busy PERSONAL life going on, so I don't have time to delve into matters like you supposedly are doing. I am the type of person who expects a company to do some proper code checking before they release stuff. Accepting bugged releases with added hotfixes afterwards is noty what I expect of this company.

I also do not code any missions, and I wouldn't know where to start fixing this. So, your comments to lecture me on how to maintain a server or a mission are void in this case.

I don't understand why this isn't working. And that is why I ask. I am also stating facts here, yet another update broke the game and some of its features for users. I am not a code wizard. So stop acting like I should know everything. God, some people are so ignorant.

All I know is that we add the Virtual Arsenal to a crate with the BIS Arsenal function to allow access to ALL mods and content we have. So there's noithing wrong with the code there. And no, I can not provide an exported loadout because the Arsenal DOES NOT allow me to export one. I also don't have the time to export a loadout from within the editor, I'm busy as it is with leading a life.

So before you start giving me an attitude better ask for details first, mister. I'm done here. I'll just wait for help from another angle.

Mods, lock this thread. I'm done with having the same senseless discussions with fanboys here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, celticalliance said:

Stanhope, I did not know about any upcoming changes that would break our missions. And no, I maintain the server, not our missions. They are made by somebody else.

Well the first place to start would be to get the missions opened up in 1.94 and repacked. This normally solves most issues.

It is only normal for every update to break something? I should know this? You have got some nerve, not to mention a typical attitude I see way too much around here. Which explains why I hardly come here and post here, let alone post about issues on the feedback tracker. I always get the same attitudes.

I have quite a busy working life and a very busy PERSONAL life going on, so I don't have time to delve into matters like you supposedly are doing. I am the type of person who expects a company to do some proper code checking before they release stuff. Accepting bugged releases with added hotfixes afterwards is noty what I expect of this company.

I also do not code any missions, and I wouldn't know where to start fixing this. So, your comments to lecture me on how to maintain a server or a mission are void in this case.

I don't understand why this isn't working. And that is why I ask. I am also stating facts here, yet another update broke the game and some of its features for users. I am not a code wizard. So stop acting like I should know everything. God, some people are so ignorant.

The above is not appropiate and breaks our forum rules. There is no place for flame-baiting or rude comments.

All I know is that we add the Virtual Arsenal to a crate with the BIS Arsenal function to allow access to ALL mods and content we have. So there's noithing wrong with the code there. And no, I can not provide an exported loadout because the Arsenal DOES NOT allow me to export one. I also don't have the time to export a loadout from within the editor, I'm busy as it is with leading a life.

As per my previous comment, get the mission opened up in 1.94 and repack it.

So before you start giving me an attitude better ask for details first, mister. I'm done here. I'll just wait for help from another angle.

Please see my previous comment regarding your language.

Mods, lock this thread. I'm done with having the same senseless discussions with fanboys here.

Closing as requested