XOSPECTRE

Contact petition.

Im asking BIS if they can make Contact aliens asset available for MP and asking other community peoples to say their opininon about aliens not available for mp

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

+1 I do not want to rely on the optional dlc mode (which makes sweeping changes to how the game works that I'm not a fan of outside of the campaign, it's great there, but not outside the campaign) to have access to the alien assets for missions I'd like to create involving them, doesn't need to have the complex script functions seen in the campaign, I just want ALL the props! And maybe even the gravitic anomaly effect stuff if that's not too hard.

are you aware that most contact stuff does not work outside of contact?

Solution...get Contact. it's available on steam. Why should BIS throw away a DLC a lot of us just bought for hard currency, be thrown out for free just 2 day after release?

• Like 8

I would get behind this. Really, to use alien assets in the missions. It was a bit disappointing to find out that aliens aren't available for play in mission for Contact owners for their curated missions. 

• Like 1

Since it is stated that things were changed for Contact that are not compatible to the greater sandbox I guess all that would be technically possible may be adding the stuff as static objects without any functionality. 

The devs stated that they at some point considered to make the campaign coop but it was just not possible. 

I generally mean only assets would be great to have for mp Community can script statics object to something phenomenal. 

Usually after sometime they will switch EBO files into PBOs then modders will do their thing.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2019 at 3:55 AM, Beagle said:

Solution...get Contact. it's available on steam. Why should BIS throw away a DLC a lot of us just bought for hard currency, be trown out for free just 2 day after release?

The DLC is of 2 parts main game assets and Contact mod assets. The OP would like to have Contact mod assets available in the main game without having to start with mod enabled. 

On 7/26/2019 at 10:55 PM, Beagle said:

Solution...get Contact. it's available on steam. Why should BIS throw away a DLC a lot of us just bought for hard currency, be tHrown out for free just 2 day after release?

15 hours ago, killzone_kid said:

The DLC is of 2 parts main game assets and Contact mod assets. The OP would like to have Contact mod assets available in the main game without having to start with mod enabled. 

That is what I assume the OP means, he wants the alien assets available on the platform side for people that own Contact, even if they are only static props. 

Frankly, a very reasonable request.    

I would add the simcom muzzle attachment, and the chemical detectors as well. 

I have to agree actually. I bought the DLC (preordered) but I know that I can't use any of the (okay relatively few) items from the contact DLC (not plattform) because not everyone in my unit will buy it. Most importantly the Spectrum Device which would - obviously with scripting - be perfect for Radio interference or Radio Jamming. 

I can understand why BI wants to keep this stuff in a separate DLC but I just feel like, the content inside it will probably rod away in my library because I will never use it again. (Sadly somewhat similar to GlobMob...even though I'd LOVE to use the Takistan and AAF Modifications from it >.<) 

• Like 1