Jump to content
Antilochos

Contact DLC - stuck with bloody communications...

Recommended Posts

Let me start with saying that I love this dlc. It really is a joy to play for me, but it looks great as well.

 

Now, I'm stuck in the single player campaign. I'm in that chapter "Carpe Noctem", with the mission "Relevation with Alien Entity" and the task "Communicate with alien entity". So it is probably the end of this chapter, but I can't get passed this damn communication thing. The ship is hanging there in the sky and I am supose to communicate with the radio thing. I have tried it and but nothing is changing. Yes, beside the main golf there apear first one and then two other radio golf, then three small radio golf, then all gone and only the main one again. I tried several combinaitons of communicating, but no result. 

Please BI, what are we supose to do here? This is were you dropped the ball I think, it is not clear. I don't mind thinkwork and I'm no idiot, but this silly thing has no clues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to know too. I am stuck here. Not able to continue at all. Been shifting through 3 different frequencies for about 10 minutes now and nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta use the special antenna and use drone jammer com.

Hit the signals you can find, many times, and eventually it will work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wiki, I did try that of course (using the right antenne goes without saying), but did it with the "noise" feedback from my part, not the "drone jammer". Game told us before that the noise is for aliens (since the music did not work), and the drone jammer for, yes, drones.

Will try it, but doubt it is going to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

worked for me with noise and music...make sure to disturb all the different Alien coms you will see more spikes appear on your device ...not only one...also it will take some time

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the problem is that you need to have full bars on the signal of the probe... which you can only see if you are not in Aim-down-sight mode or use a headtracker to look over the screen. After that it worked for me immediately, regardless of signal (I used noise)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alwarren, I tried all that. Tried full bar, tried only fill it till a certain darker colour showed in the golf peaks before I send message, tried hell of a lot. Don't think it is that that is stopping me in this mission.

Some other guy mentioned another alien ship around, beside the mothership. Will look for that, but it seems you guys don't mention that (wich would be a obvious solution). Is there another ship around at that stage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Glow, Thanks, but that is not the point I'm stuck. I'm past this part. Like I said, I'm standing at the end of the mission at a radio tower, with mothership hanging in the air in front of me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm stuck there too. I believe there's supposed to be another ship somewhere near the tower and communicating with the mothership isn't required. I think I'll try to load from earlier saves and see if I can get the second alien to spawn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you guys are all the way at the huge mothership at that mission, you are in the complete wrong place. There is no interaction between the player and the main huge alien mothership, you need to interact with the smaller alien entity. In Carpe Noctem I communicated with the regular smaller ship only ONCE during the mission, all additional times would NOT allow me any additional communications, it kept flying away (escaping), which is normal. Also, I highly suggest NOT using that new map mode (one that analyzes roots), it is worthless. 

As for communication:

 Find the main communication of the alien, I forgot frequency but it is always the same, make sure that signal is as high as possible. Shoot Noise at it, wait for a response by looking at the new frequencies the alien ship makes available for you while you still have Antenna pointed at it. 

 

I do not understand otherwise what is wrong, I had zero problems with the communication part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Varathius said:

If you guys are all the way at the huge mothership at that mission, you are in the complete wrong place. There is no interaction between the player and the main huge alien mothership, you need to interact with the smaller alien entity. In Carpe Noctem I communicated with the regular smaller ship only ONCE during the mission, all additional times would NOT allow me any additional communications, it kept flying away (escaping), which is normal. Also, I highly suggest NOT using that new map mode (one that analyzes roots), it is worthless. 

As for communication:

 Find the main communication of the alien, I forgot frequency but it is always the same, make sure that signal is as high as possible. Shoot Noise at it, wait for a response by looking at the new frequencies the alien ship makes available for you while you still have Antenna pointed at it. 

 

I do not understand otherwise what is wrong, I had zero problems with the communication part.

My problem, and apparently OP's too, was that the drone never appeared. I reverted back to a save before arriving at the hill and then it properly spawned right next to the tower.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Greenfist, it did work?

Thanks, this is something I can work with, I will try that later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it worked and everything looked exactly like the first time, except for the big ass alien right in front of me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks again, it worked for me as well.

 

SOLVED: I needed to reload a older save and this time I got that second, smaller alien ship right in front of me. Took only a couple times to interact with it and that was that.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Greenfist said:

My problem, and apparently OP's too, was that the drone never appeared. I reverted back to a save before arriving at the hill and then it properly spawned right next to the tower.

Arma bugs are known to be most of the times solved by reverting to the last save (manual save preferably as auto-saves are bugged too) and worst of the worst, restarting mission always solved my problems but reverting-to save usually too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Varathius said:

Arma bugs are known to be most of the times solved by reverting to the last save (manual save preferably as auto-saves are bugged too) and worst of the worst, restarting mission always solved my problems but reverting-to save usually too. 

That is true. I had two problems with this one. I did revert before and got the same bug (second ship not showing up), but I did not know it was a bug, I did not know what was going wrong. The conformation from Greenfist that there should be a second ship made me know what to look for when reverting and choosing the proper revert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×