doggo132

Having Trouble With Contact

So I've been playing the new Contact DLC single-player mode and I'm loving it, but there's one thing I really don't like about this campaign, communicating with the alien. I've gotten past the first two times when I have to do it but I'm stuck at the part where you have to communicate with the alien mothership when you're near the radio tower (after you turn the tower on to communicate with the outside world) I keep trying but I can't do it. Does anyone know how to do it or am I just dumb? 😛

I'm stuck there as well. Seems more people are.

Great dlc, but at this point BI dropped the ball as they say.

Hmmm, I never had any issues. The communication is limited per "Scenario" I suppose, so if you see the Alien ship escaping from you without any new Alien signals to choose to communicate with, then it is most likely that you do not need to do anything with it anymore and proceed with your mission. I had zero issues. I did try establish contact a few times additionally but yeah, when it just flew off several times, I stopped trying. 

I am not sure but it could possible depend on how fast you react to new alien com signals that pop up ?? Worked fine for me ....

I think you have to figure out the right order for those "secondary" signals. If you pick a correct signal, you'll get some audio clue, but it's hit and miss. You either have to brute force it or get lucky. Or there's something I missed.

I had this problem as well. Problem is not you, but a bug. There supose to be a second ship right in front of you (can't miss it, really in your face), but this does not always get loaded. 

To solve it, just revert once or twice to a point a little bit earlier. At one point you will get that second ship and than it only takes a minute of interacting with the radio signals.

It's a riddle.

In Carpe Noctem mission, similar like it was in first that kind of contact, the main target is to make ET to turn off his force shield.

On Spectrum Device you have to start with small altitude signals first, to join those in higher altitude signals.

When you listen to two signals of same altitude, one is always different, like it was doubled. Start from the other one.

When you have two very high altitude signals, almost top high you are close to accomplish this.

And here I'm not sure, but I think you have to send different signals - not a static noise but music sample.

When unsuccessful, and higher signal split back to smaller altitudes, back to joining small altitude signals again.

I stuck on screen whit one max altitude, main signal and two almost same size altitude signals but whatever I do, can pass this and turn off power shield.

I think this is a moment to make LDF to attack ET, same like it was in first time, when all went wrong and things start to blow. I'll try with LDF next time.

I'm stuck in Carpe Noctem also. 
I transmit and transmit and transmit. Nothing ever happens. I have circled the alien and tried it from many angles and ranges. Jumping on transmissions as soon at they pop up starting with small and working to large transmissions. Left to right, right to left nothing ever happens. I searched and found youtube guys who got to to do the mind communication LSD trip thing after only a few tries. It's getting a bit frustrating. There should be better hint-instructions or some way to get past this waypoint. I know I'm whineing but I have tried a lot of stuff including playing the entire chapter from scratch to see if I missed something. My key bind to bring up last help doesn't seem to work in "danger zones". If you can help a brother out it would be much appreciated. I've been stumbling around in the BIS woods since 2001 starting on Everon and this is the first time I have come to a show stopper I can't get around. If the answer is a spoiler please hide it in the spoiler thing. Thanks in advance.  ...DOA Out

I got past this point at last. 

Spoiler

Immediately after making my last post I tried it again. I still have not been able to transmit music, noise, drone hack etc. and trigger the communication with the alien. However I got my sample and am continuing on the mission. I was on the road looking down hill facing north east above the root and the floating alien. I noticed a truck and a couple of bluebells off to my right just down the road. Previously I had tricked some of the guards into leaving the area. I went prone and killed them with my rifle. The enemy remaining in the area started firing in what seems like all directions. This triggered the alien to attack and kill all enemy in the area and pull back himself. I was then clear to enter the area as the blue pulses had stopped and all the LDF were KIA. My buddy Skype or whatever his name is came on the radio and said he was just kidding about starting a shooting situation and was supprised it worked or something like that. Anyway, if you grow tired of transmitting at the alien you can shoot the guys on the road above the root to start a conflict and get the alien to destroy all the enemy and withdraw. Keep your head down prone and still while the alien clears the area. When the guys said get all Machiavellian on them I thought he meant trick them somehow on the radio. I now am guessing he meant you can start trouble and get them shooting at the alien and that clears the area for you as they are no match for the alien at all. It destroys the UGV and all enemy in the area. It must not have seem me laying in the grass on the hill near where I shot the two guard standing by a truck. Good luck mates!  DOA out. 

I think you need to use static at the order of signal appearance.For example when there are 2 new signals you need to pay attention to witch signal you saw first....that's the one you need to use static first.I'm not 100% sure if this is the right way in every encounter but i think that's how i did it.It's worth a try anyway.