JenkinsArma

[Web App] [Unreleased] Personnel Management System (PERSCOM, sort of)

Hello. I have been developing an Arma 3 web app, PERSMAN. It is similar to PERSCOM in someways. I'm here because I want to gauge community interest in it, and if people would actually want to use it. It is very much im development however, and would take possibly a few more months until I can get a more polished and a more feature-rich version ready for public use. Watch the video below to see what is currently included.

It is coded in NodeJS with Express and MongoDB. Let me know if you guys are interested in it, and if so I'll work towards a release.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I find these online application forms very unpersonal. I prefer to build a direct connection to a potential recruit by talking to him directly, instead of making it seem like I have a very exclusive group that's so big and hard to manage that everyone needs to go through a application form.

And if you get personal contact, it's also much more likely that the recruit will stay longer than a couple days.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dedmen said:

I find these online application forms very unpersonal. I prefer to build a direct connection to a potential recruit by talking to him directly, instead of making it seem like I have a very exclusive group that's so big and hard to manage that everyone needs to go through a application form.

And if you get personal contact, it's also much more likely that the recruit will stay longer than a couple days.

I understand that. I mean I definitely can add a way to disable the application form.

Alright I went and added a way to disable the application on a settings page.

Thank you for your hard work on this! Although it is not quite something for my communities at this time, I nevertheless appreciate the idea.

On 7/26/2019 at 4:32 AM, Dedmen said:

I find these online application forms very unpersonal. I prefer to build a direct connection to a potential recruit by talking to him directly

I agree, but you can still do both, the application part is still useful information to help the leader or leaders of the group,

squad, unit what have you, organize their rosters, and unit organization for whos with what squad, team, or gruppe.

I did something like this back in the RO OST 41-45 (Red Orchestra 2006-2010) when i lead a WW2 realism unit, we had 25-30 members, each

member i had always talked with one on one but part of the joining process was to fill out an application and gather some info about them.

It also depends on the context of the group, it could be a realism unit where there is a more formal aspect with a higher set discipline, and standards.

• Like 1

Nice points so far. Totally agree with them all.

With applications (having an optional to able and disable it) you need to ideally keep it to the relevant information you need to help with staff/leaders and etc. without making it a long list of what to answer. What if, you split up the form to a few pages with a progression bar, maybe? as an option depending on the level/context of the group (Semi-Realism, Realism, Milsim etc.).

Also with the events, would there be an option to change the timezone from EST, so if units who aren't in the timezone can set to more accordingly suit them.

Edited by leebas
  • Like 1

Hey, sorry for the long response, just getting back on the Arma Forums. All good points, and I definitely will look for a way to include these all.

On 10/17/2019 at 4:45 AM, twizztid said:

Are you still going to work on this?

I am, haven't worked in a while, I've been preoccupied with other projects.

• Like 1

Totally understandable , If you need some free hosting to work on this PM me. I would love to have something like this.

Twiztid

On 11/2/2019 at 6:52 AM, twizztid said:

Totally understandable , If you need some free hosting to work on this PM me. I would love to have something like this.

Twiztid

I'll definitely let you know if I need some hosting.

• Like 1