Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

Contact campaign thread

Hello folks,

I'm making this topic so you can discuss about the Contact campaign.

Dunno if "official missions" is the right thread or if it needs to be moved to "DLC" thread - admin can move it if necessary.

There will be an official feedback thread created when the Campaign is released as per todays SITREP

17 minutes ago, EO said:

There will be an official feedback thread created when the Campaign is released as per todays SITREP

Yeah, I didn't see that as the feedback thread.

More like if people are blocked or wondering about something or else.

Well, I have already put up a thread (and some others I saw now) about being stuck in the campaign at one particular point. Maybe something to add it into this thread as well.

In the end of the mission "Relevation with alien entity" (at least I think it is the end of that mission, but don't know since I'm stuck there), you got the task "communicate with alien entity", right before you want to departure at the radio tower. The mothership is hanging right in front of you.

I tried, with the device and special antenna, to communicate by sending back "noise", like the game had learned me. The communication seems to work, since I go from that one main radio golf peek to another small one and then two small ones (that keep jumping frequenties) and back again to one main peek.

But that is it. Nothing is happening, I can not continu.

Besides that part, I love the dlc. I like the gameplay, the story and the way things look (good light at night again, not pitch black).

A suggestion:

Spoiler

On that mission I kept approaching the mothership, then I realized there was a smaller alien entity much closer, and that's the one you need to communicate with

On 7/24/2019 at 8:37 PM, soceris said:

The spoiler thread :wow_o:

You weren't wrong buddy.  

@Antilochos @Ex3B  Please wrap your comments in spoiler tags. 😉 

Spoiler

Yeah I am a bit lost, I am NE of Polana, the drone moved once, but I cant get it to move again.

@Ex3B, thanks, I will try looking for that.

@ EO, you are right. Sorry for that. Must admit, I don't know how to use spoiler tags.

Just finished campaign and beside some FPS drops and small non-critical bugs here and there I totally loved it for story. FPS drops and small bugs didn't turned me away as I expected even worse give open world nature of missions. It had fresh approach and game mechanics for Arma DLC.

My finding about alien behavior:

Spoiler

I found in roots mission when I was spotted by LDF and they started shoot at me and I just ran away without shooting back, small Alien entity nearby started to kill all LDF soldiers and equipment till it was clear and dropped force shield so I was able to close in with Eddie. It was quite a view how entity "shoots" above my head to everything hostile. Pretty interesting.

40 minutes ago, ataribaby said:

Just finished campaign and beside some FPS drops and small non-critical bugs here and there I totally loved it for story. FPS drops and small bugs didn't turned me away as I expected even worse give open world nature of missions. It had fresh approach and game mechanics for Arma DLC.

My finding about alien behavior:

Hide contents

I found in roots mission when I was spotted by LDF and they started shoot at me and I just ran away without shooting back, small Alien entity nearby started to kill all LDF soldiers and equipment till it was clear and dropped force shield so I was able to close in with Eddie. It was quite a view how entity "shoots" above my head to everything hostile. Pretty interesting.

Had the same near a root:

I used the jammer and told the LDF to move hm...south I think (but who cares).

They did, met an alien and engaged it - and got blasted.

I had nothing else to do, clear path for me 🙂