corralesid

ImageToPAA Dosen't work ARMA 3

Well, before anyone reply on this. READ NEXT:

I someday found that ImageToPAA wasnt working for some reason, and i know a lot of people had happened this too. A lot of days after for another unknown reason the software was working at all. So i didn't touch anything until i formated my computer. When i again reinstall arma 3 Tools i found also ImageToPAA wasn't working again, ¡so! i decided to find the bottom of this issue (By the way for those who ask, didn't you find help over internet? No, there was the basic use of the software only. Did you follow the rules about ^2 (256x256 etc), the names whatever_CO...  blah blha blha.... yes i followed them and nothing was up to the solution). 

So, i might found the issue about but i need help of those who haven't proof this method and reply if it worked.

1.- First Install Arma 3 and Arma 3 Tools.*1

2.- Inside Arma 3 Tools there's a program named game updater (which if i'm not wrong this is for Dev), click on it but not at least close steam and just have Atools on desktop, you'll be asked for your user ID of steam and password and also steam guard if you're using it since it will try to get something (dunno) from your account, maybe some general stuff.*2

3.-Confirm the form and send it, you'll see now something is updating, if some error comes out of it, don't worry let it finished. If you can't finish the update try now the software ImageToPAA, if nothing happened apply common Tech skills (Restart your PC XD), if still nothing try again step 2 and 3, common error is in fact due to the steam login access.

4.- And voilá!, you got it working. no.... sorry i can't help beyond that, only thing i can say as mayority of people out there is "Use TextViewer 2".

*1 I also Install Bulldozer and mount project drive, tried also give admin privilege from <Drive>:\Progam files (x85)\Steam\commonapps\Arma3Tools\ImageToPAA.exe and also ImageToPAAGUI.exe

*2 What reminds (If some ARMA developer reading these) it has not a policy of data use, or terms of agreement what only says is, "Don't give third party any of this information"... Well dev's you should include that cause it's important, i thought my information can be compromised. After all or at least at now nothing had happened.

Game updater just downloads arma 3 dev channel version etc, It doesn't change your tools...

What you should do is stay away from arma tools, an launch the programs via their .exe files like any normal program.

Everyone knows the tools launcher is a broken mess, you run it once after an update to update registry keys. Then never touch it until the next update

But it was the only thing i did it to make it work, nothing else worked, even tried the direct exe

16 hours ago, corralesid said:

since it will try to get something (dunno) from your account

checking if you actually own the game you are trying to download.

16 hours ago, corralesid said:

and also steam guard if you're using it

steam guard in game updater is currently broken.

I have no idea what installing a seperate copy of the game via game updater has to do with ImageToPAA which is a completely different tool.

And I also have no idea what your original problem/error was besides "not working" which is really no information at all.