Plantroot

Anyway to disable the fast forward feature for Sp missions?

If its SP then.. couldn't you just not press the button? 😉

i think you could remove the keybindings in the options which would effectively remove it from your game

🖖

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Plantroot said:

Im talking about the time x 1.000 ~ time x 4.000 

You could bruteforce it like this:

addMissionEventHandler ["EachFrame",{
	if (accTime != 1) then {setAcctime 1};
}];

4 hours ago, lordfrith said:

If its SP then.. couldn't you just not press the button? 😉

i think you could remove the keybindings in the options which would effectively remove it from your game

🖖

I guess his concern was mainly other players playing his mission, using time acceleration can very well take out tension of a mission that's building on it, heh.

Cheers

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Plantroot said:

Don't worry kid, you got your buttbuddies here to gang up on me, like a typical arma 3 forum lol

Well not really where I was going with that. My point being that when asking for help it's not very smart to insult someone who's trying to help you. And as far as "typical arma 3 forum" behavior goes, I'd argue that you're the one that fits into this self-created category. All we did was back someone up who wanted to help.....

And it should be buttbuddy, as in singular, because there's only one so far. 

• Like 6

School holidays starting brings the annual influx of users who think its sensible to ask for help and then get abusive.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

School holidays starting brings the annual influx of users who think its sensible to ask for help and then get abusive.

At least we got shotguns and tinfoil hats now.

Nothing bad will come from this.

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Well, regarding the initial question though, I believe that HandleAccTime mission event handler could be used. I haven't tested it but I believe something like this could work

// Add mission event handler
addMissionEventHandler["HandleAccTime", {
	private _currentAccTime = _this select 0; // Get the current acceleration time factor

// Check time acceleration factor
	if(!(_currentAccTime isEqualTo 1)) then {
		// USE ONLY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COMMANDS DEPENDING ON YOUR NEEDS... COMMENT/DELETE THE REST
		setTimeMultiplier 1; // Set time multiplier to 1 -> Singleplayer
		setAccTime 1; // Alternative to the above command -> WORKS ONLY FOR SINGLEPLAYER

1 remoteExec ["setTimeMultiplier", 2]; // Set time multiplier only on the server (intended use) -> Multiplayer
	};

true; // Optional..., return true to suppress the on-screen tooltip -> After Grumpy Old Man's suggestion (next post)
}];

Put here just for future reference (someone may benefit from it...).

EDIT: I added the "true" return to suppress the tooltip after Grumpy Old Man's suggestion (in the next post).

Edited by ZaellixA
Add code as per the suggestion of the next post
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ZaellixA said:

Well, regarding the initial question though, I believe that HandleAccTime mission event handler could be used. I haven't tested it but I believe something like this could work

// Add mission event handler
addMissionEventHandler["HandleAccTime", {
	private _currentAccTime = _this select 0; // Get the current acceleration time factor

// Check time acceleration factor
	if(!(_currentAccTime isEqualTo 1)) then {
		// USE ONLY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COMMANDS DEPENDING ON YOUR NEEDS... COMMENT/DELETE THE REST
		setTimeMultiplier 1; // Set time multiplier to 1 -> Singleplayer
		setAccTime 1; // Alternative to the above command -> WORKS ONLY FOR SINGLEPLAYER

1 remoteExec ["setTimeMultiplier", 2]; // Set time multiplier only on the server (intended use) -> Multiplayer
	};
}];

Put here just for future reference (someone may benefit from it...).

Most likely the best solution to this.

If you add "true" to be returned by the EH then the on screen tooltip for time acceleration change won't be displayed, according to the wiki.

Cheers

• Like 2

One thing to note though (for people looking here in the future) is that mission event handlers are client side. So, in order to make the presented solution quite generic, a good place for it is in the initPlayerLocal.sqf. This way it will be executed for each joining player (just you in the single player case).

• Like 1