chernaruski

Changing Ryan's Zombies & Demons Mod Sounds for dummies

I found Ryan's Zombies & Demons sounds were not immersive enough when playing, so I decided to find a way to replace them. Since sounds are built-in the mod itself , I have no way of directly replacing them to my custom ones.
But what I decided to do , as a server owner, is upload my custom sounds to a folder inside mission.pbo and redirect the path , coded inside the mod, to these sounds .

This setup was configured and tested only on ChernarusRedux map. You may need to tweak some parts of the code to get it working. Try to understand the general idea and test things out, before asking to help you out with this.

Here is what you need to do, in order to change Zombies & Demons mod sounds:

1. Find and download / create or record  a LOT of custom zombie sounds in ogg format. Save / encode them in decent sound quality , but try to create a small sized files. I used sound quality around ~100kbps , so most of the sound files were around 20-40 KB.
Keeping sound files small sized is important, this will reduce the total mission.pbo file size and players wait time when joining your server. Now rename all of this files according to the zombies sounds names required and put them in "sounds" folder inside your mission.

2. Edit description.ext and add the following path redirects to the new sounds:

class CfgSounds
{

sounds[] = {};

class ryanzombiesmoan1
	{
		name = "Zombie Moan 1";
		sound[] = {"\sounds\moaning1.ogg",0.6,"0.925 + random 0.15"};
		titles[] = {};
	};
	class ryanzombiesmoan2
	{
		name = "Zombie Moan 2";
		sound[] = {"\sounds\moaning2.ogg",0.6,"0.925 + random 0.15"};
		titles[] = {};
	};
	class ryanzombiesmoan3
	{
		name = "Zombie Moan 3";
		sound[] = {"\sounds\moaning3.ogg",0.6,"0.925 + random 0.15"};
		titles[] = {};
	};
	class ryanzombiesmoan4
	{
		name = "Zombie Moan 4";
		sound[] = {"\sounds\moaning4.ogg",0.6,"0.925 + random 0.15"};
		titles[] = {};
	};
	class ryanzombiesmoan5
	{
		name = "Zombie Moan 5";
		sound[] = {"\sounds\moaning5.ogg",0.6,"0.925 + random 0.15"};
		titles[] = {};
	};
	class ryanzombiesmoan6
	{
		name = "Zombie Moan 6";
		sound[] = {"\sounds\moaning6.ogg",0.6,"0.925 + random 0.15"};
		titles[] = {};
	};
	class ryanzombiesmoan7
	{
		name = "Zombie Moan 7";
		sound[] = {"\sounds\moaning7.ogg",0.6,"0.925 + random 0.15"};
		titles[] = {};
	};	

};

This will redirect some of the zombies sounds (the moaning sounds) to the ones we chose and dropped to "sounds" folder.

3. Since rest of the zombies sounds configured in a different way (lets skip the details of relative path , array and such) , we can't add them to class CfgSounds as we did with moaning sounds.
We need an external sqf to do it for us. In this sqf called sounds.sqf , we configure the new array of sounds and their file paths. Normal zombies attack & aggressive sounds, zombies eating sounds, crawlers and spiders. Each category have their own sounds and exact file names.

Sounds.sqf:

waitUntil {!isNil "RZ_NormalZombieAttackArray"};

RZ_NormalZombieAttackArray = ["mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\attack1.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\attack2.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\attack3.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\attack4.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\attack5.ogg"];

RZ_ZombieEatingArray = ["mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\eat1.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\eat2.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\eat3.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\eat4.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\eat5.ogg"];	

RZ_CrawlerAttackArray = ["mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\attack_crawler1.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\attack_crawler2.ogg"];

RZ_NormalZombieAggressiveArray = ["mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive1.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive2.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive3.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive4.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive5.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive6.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive7.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive8.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive9.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive10.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive11.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive12.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive13.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive14.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive15.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive16.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive17.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive18.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive19.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive20.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive21.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive22.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive23.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive24.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive25.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive26.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive27.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive28.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive29.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive30.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive31.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive32.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive33.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive34.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive35.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive36.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive37.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive38.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive39.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive40.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive41.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive42.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive43.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive44.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive45.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive46.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive47.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive48.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive49.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive50.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive51.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive52.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive53.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive54.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive55.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive56.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive57.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive58.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive59.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive60.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive61.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive62.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive63.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive64.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive65.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive66.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive67.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive68.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive69.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive70.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive71.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive72.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive73.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive74.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive75.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive76.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive77.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive78.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive79.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive80.ogg"];

RZ_SpiderZombieAggressiveArray = ["mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider1.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider2.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider3.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider4.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider5.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider6.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider7.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider8.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider9.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider10.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider11.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider12.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider13.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider14.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider15.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider16.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider17.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider18.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider19.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider20.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider21.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider22.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider23.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider24.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider25.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider26.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider27.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider28.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider29.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider30.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider31.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider32.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider33.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider34.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider35.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider36.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider37.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider38.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider39.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider40.ogg"];

3. When you done with the above steps, all you left to do is add Sounds.sqf to your init.sqf:

[] execVM "sounds.sqf";  // Zombies & Demons sound re-write

4. RE-PBO the whole mission folder with newly created "sounds" folder where all the new sounds are , with sounds.sqf and edited init.sqf. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just a quick question does this also fix the poor sound distancing with this mod which folks complain about when all sounds from zombies sound like they are next to you ?

On 7/22/2019 at 4:05 PM, chernaruski said:

no, it only swaps the sounds files 

Hey man,

sorry to dig up this ancient thread, but I'm just trying this now and it doesn't seem to work.

I have had some weird errors with the cfgSounds class, so I put it in a separate hpp file and included that from within description.ext

None of the sounds are changed though... When I log into the server, I can still hear the original Z&D sounds and none of the custom sounds that I imported..

Is this still working and would you be willing to point me in the right direct IF it still works?

Thanks in advance!

Hey. Yes, it still should work. Try following the instructions to the letter. Re-check you have correctly structured cfgSounds or have no class duplicates somewhere.
Without logs, your configs, and setup, I can't direct you anywhere else but pointing back to the instructions. 

Thanks for the quick reply!

I would like to start with saying that the code that goes in description.ext has a syntax error, you're mission a };

Is this intentional or just a typo?

I added it in my code, but I'm still getting errors.

First of all, I am running Exile with a few added scripts. Would this have anything to do with it?

I've used Windows Grep to look for CfgSounds in both my server files and my mission file. No matches were found, apart from the one in CfgSounds.hpp.

This is CfgSounds.hpp, which is called in description.ext (   #include "CfgSounds.hpp"  ). This file is in the root of the mission file.

class CfgSounds
{
	sounds[] = {};
	class ryanzombiesmoan1
	{
		name = "Zombie Moan 1";
		sound[] = {"\sounds\moaning1.ogg",0.6,"0.925 + random 0.15"};
		titles[] = {};
	};
	class ryanzombiesmoan2
	{
		name = "Zombie Moan 2";
		sound[] = {"\sounds\moaning2.ogg",0.6,"0.925 + random 0.15"};
		titles[] = {};
	};
	class ryanzombiesmoan3
	{
		name = "Zombie Moan 3";
		sound[] = {"\sounds\moaning3.ogg",0.6,"0.925 + random 0.15"};
		titles[] = {};
	};
	class ryanzombiesmoan4
	{
		name = "Zombie Moan 4";
		sound[] = {"\sounds\moaning4.ogg",0.6,"0.925 + random 0.15"};
		titles[] = {};
	};
	class ryanzombiesmoan5
	{
		name = "Zombie Moan 5";
		sound[] = {"\sounds\moaning5.ogg",0.6,"0.925 + random 0.15"};
		titles[] = {};
	};
	class ryanzombiesmoan6
	{
		name = "Zombie Moan 6";
		sound[] = {"\sounds\moaning6.ogg",0.6,"0.925 + random 0.15"};
		titles[] = {};
	};
	class ryanzombiesmoan7
	{
		name = "Zombie Moan 7";
		sound[] = {"\sounds\moaning7.ogg",0.6,"0.925 + random 0.15"};
		titles[] = {};
	};
};

The files moaning1 - moaning7.ogg are in the sounds folder, which is also located in the root of the mission file. I had it in a different folder first, but since it didn't work I thought I'd try to move it to where your tutorial pointed it to go.

Whenever I launch the server, I get this error when it's reading the mission file (copied from RPT)

22:23:17 Error context »¿
22:23:17 ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\CfgSounds.hpp, line 5: '/CfgSounds/ryanzombiesmoan1.': '易encountered instead of '='
22:23:17 Application terminated intentionally
ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\CfgSounds.hpp, line 5: '/CfgSounds/ryanzombiesmoan1.': '易encountered instead of '='

Even though I'm calling it in a different hpp file, I was getting the exact same error as when I had this code in description.ext

If I comment out name = "Zombie Moan 1"; the server boots up, but none of the sounds are being replaced.

For the other sounds (attacking etc) I noticed that it doesn't replace any of those, even though I'm not getting any errors on this code.

From the developer console I could read the array that contains the correct paths to the files I'm overwriting, so I'm 100% sure that the sounds.sqf file is being read and processed.

This is my sounds.sqf

waitUntil {!isNil "RZ_NormalZombieAttackArray"};

RZ_NormalZombieAttackArray = [
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\attack_0.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\attack_1.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\attack_10.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\attack_11.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\attack_12.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\attack_13.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\attack_2.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\attack_3.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\attack_4.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\attack_5.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\attack_6.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\attack_7.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\attack_8.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\attack_9.ogg"
];

RZ_ZombieEatingArray = [
];	

RZ_CrawlerAttackArray = [
];

RZ_NormalZombieAggressiveArray = [
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_0.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_1.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_10.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_11.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_12.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_13.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_14.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_2.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_3.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_4.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_5.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_6.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_7.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_8.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_9.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\spotted_0.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\spotted_10.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\spotted_11.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\spotted_2.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\spotted_4.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\spotted_7.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\spotted_8.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\spotted_9.ogg"
];

RZ_SpiderZombieAggressiveArray = [
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_0.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_1.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_10.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_11.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_12.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_13.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_14.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_2.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_3.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_4.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_5.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_6.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_7.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_8.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\chase_9.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\spotted_0.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\spotted_10.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\spotted_11.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\spotted_2.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\spotted_4.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\spotted_7.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\spotted_8.ogg",
	"mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\spotted_9.ogg"
];

I know some of the files skip numbers, but the files and the paths are correct 100%

As far as I can tell, I'm not getting any syntax errors on the arrays, but the sounds are not being overwritten, I can still hear the original Ryan's zombie noises (which suck...)

I hope to have given you enough information, I don't know what else I can tell you besides that I'm usually quite good at figuring this stuff out.

Thanks in advance!

Karoolus

Is this intentional or just a typo?

Typo. Missing brackets. Thanks.

First of all, I am running Exile with a few added scripts. Would this have anything to do with it?

Should be ok, I was running heavily modified Exilemod back then.
CfgSounds looks fine, if sound files are in their correct folder, it should work from the start.

ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\CfgSounds.hpp, line 5: '/CfgSounds/ryanzombiesmoan1.': '易encountered instead of '='

This looks very wrong. It looks like the game is trying to read the ryanzombiesmoan1 sound file from cfgSounds folder ?  very strange it's like your description.ext have some code errors & it stops loading.

Can you send me your whole mission.pbo & full RPT file ? (to PM if you don't want it to be public)

14 hours ago, chernaruski said:

Typo. Missing brackets. Thanks.

Should be ok, I was running heavily modified Exilemod back then.
CfgSounds looks fine, if sound files are in their correct folder, it should work from the start.

This looks very wrong. It looks like the game is trying to read the ryanzombiesmoan1 sound file from cfgSounds folder ?  very strange it's like your description.ext have some code errors & it stops loading.

Can you send me your whole mission.pbo & full RPT file ? (to PM if you don't want it to be public)

This folder contains mission file, RPT and log

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QAwjnEIC142CAI-1q9uxnm2Z1KnKcVpu

Everything looks fine though, I don't understand why it's throwing errors.

Thanks!

Why do you have $PREFIX$ file inside your mission pbo ? From what I know,  $PREFIX$ may change your "root folder path" , so basically you changing the whole file path structure. Try removing it, if its there for no reason.
Your current file rewires the root folder name to "Exile.Altis", maybe that's the reason.

1) When .hpp files included on binarization (pbo-ed),  they use this file to structure the whole thing.
2) The same goes for Z&D sound arrays. Probably it breaks these paths set "mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\..." and makes it "Exile.Altis\_cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\Aggressive\.." or something like that.

I removed the Prefix file, still the same error.

I tried changing the contents of the file to DayZ.cup_chernarus_A3 but that doesn't work either.

I'm really out of ideas as to why this is happening...

As far as I can tell, there is nothing else wrong in the RPT and all the other scripts in the mission file just work as they are supposed to.

I don't get it...

Hm...
Try removing the / before the sound's path, for moaning sounds only at the moment, and see if it changed:

class ryanzombiesmoan1
    {
        name = "Zombie Moan 1";
        sound[] = {"sounds\moaning1.ogg",0.6,"0.925 + random 0.15"};
        titles[] = {};
    };

Plus moving cfgSounds into description.ext directly without using #include maybe.
Move the sounds.sfq up in the init file maybe. I'm shooting all directions here & running out of ideas.
Make sure you have all the sound files in the respective folders with correct names.
You can do direct comparison what worked for me and find the differences to make it work for you. Here are files I used way back

• Like 1

Removing the \ fixed the errors! But it's still not replacing any sounds...

I'll look at it this weekend...

Thanks for your help anyway, it is very much appreciated!

I managed to fix it, it was so stupid though...

So the first error were those \ in the code you posted. I removed those and it started replacing SOME sounds but not all of them.

In my server RPT I could still see RZ_NormalZombieAggressiveArray throwing an error EVERYTIME...

23:10:18 Error in expression <narus_A3\Custom\zombie\attack_9.ogg"];

RZ_NormalZombieAggressiveArray=["mpmi>
23:10:18   Error position: <RZ_NormalZombieAggressiveArray=["mpmi>
23:10:18   Error Invalid number in expression
23:10:18 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.cup_chernarus_A3\Custom\zombie\sounds.sqf..., line 9

I googled the error, it told me that it could be a function/script that's not setup correctly, but the only code there is repopulating that array with the sounds...

Tried tons of stuff, until I ended up trying to just declare the array as empty.

So RZ_NormalZombieAggressiveArray = [ ]:

No code inside the brackets and still throwing the same error!

I found one post where someone had a similar problem and it was because he copied styled text, which it didn't like AT ALL.

I retyped the name of the array, put all the sounds back in and it worked..

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit! How does that even work???

Anyway, I greatly appreciate the help you provided and just wanted to let you know that I was able to fix the issue 🙂

Thanks!

• Haha 1

You are welcome. What the hell is "styled text", how code can be styled? In what software you do your edits?

Glad you go it working.

I use Notepad++ mostly.

Styled text like fonts, color, italic, ... 

NP++ shouldn't be using this, but the fact remains that the errors were fixed when I typed it manually.

I even double clicked it (NP++ highlights all instances of that word/string) and it highlighted the one that was giving out errors! but it's fixed and remains fixed by retyping it.

Hi guys, sorry to dig it up again, but i just couldn't get it to work!

I've been at this for 4 days.... read this through lots of times.... is this still working??

i keep getting this error plus the moaning1.ogg part (which would be simple) doesn't work too

@Karel Delmoitie perhaps you could send me your files please?             

0:37:02 Error in expression <er1.ogg","sounds\attack_crawler2.ogg"];

RZ_SpiderZombieAggressiveArray = [>
 0:37:02   Error position: <

RZ_SpiderZombieAggressiveArray = [>
 0:37:02   Error Invalid number in expression
 0:37:02 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Tanoa\sounds.sqf..., line 8
 0:37:02 Error in expression <;