Keelah

Fox's Arma Server Tool Extended Rewrite (FASTER)

This is going to be the most unreproducable bug report ever. 🙂

My dedicated server is here, next to me and I use remote desktop to access it.

When I first look at the FASTER interface using RD, it all looks fine.

If I shut down RD and reconnect, the text of the names of the server profiles on the main menu, turn black and is very hard to read.ca3eef7206.png

Now I'm not sure if this is related to remote desktop, I've seen no other applications do things like this on that machine. I'm running the version you released a day or two ago and both this and the previous version show this behaviour.

Any thoughts?

This is an issue I had a few times and yeah, I genuinely have no idea why.
I managed to reproduce this bug but I think it's due to RDP.
Maybe it's an error when converting the color of the profile names but IDK

• Thanks 2

Ok, well it's not just me. I take some small comfort from that  🙂

• Like 1

I get the same issue as well.

edit: Just want to say FASTER is by far the best way to manage a dedicated server.

• Like 1

More branches Please... like Profiling/Performances branch 

Hi @Keelah,I've got a couple of things on my mind. 🙂

First, can we have an 'open RPT button' that opens the rpt file in the default application? FAST used to have it and I miss it.

Also, FASTER only allows us to set custom difficulty for tactical ping to zero or one - off or on. The game allows it to be set to 2, which renders the tactical ping on everyones map as well as in the main screen. Could FASTER allow that too please?

*correction* the tactical ping doesn't appear on everyones map when it's set to two, only the person who pings it, but nevertheless, a useful tool I'd lve to have.

I can edit the profileoutput from within FASTER to make it work, by the way, just the application dropdown box doesn't have the option.

On 11/6/2020 at 11:37 AM, Tankbuster said:

First, can we have an 'open RPT button' that opens the rpt file in the default application? FAST used to have it and I miss it. 

To answer that, intel says that the button was rarely used by very few users and was quite a buggy feature. I removed it to clear up the UI a bit.
You can easily open your profile folder by right-clicking the profile name on the bottom since 1.7. If enough people require that feature again, I will add it back.

On 11/6/2020 at 11:37 AM, Tankbuster said:

Also, FASTER only allows us to set custom difficulty for tactical ping to zero or one - off or on. The game allows it to be set to 2

I haven't see that feature on the wiki. I'll search that a bit and see about it. Should not be difficult to change tho

Thanks for all that feedback !

3 minutes ago, Keelah said:

To answer that, intel says that the button was rarely used by very few users and was quite a buggy feature. I removed it to clear up the UI a bit.
You can easily open your profile folder by right-clicking the profile name on the bottom since 1.7. If enough people require that feature again, I will add it back.

I haven't see that feature on the wiki. I'll search that a bit and see about it. Should not be difficult to change tho

Thanks for all that feedback !

Ah, right click the profile! That will do just fine, thank you.

The tactical ping thing isn't documented here, but I promise it works. In fact, you can tactical ping in either the map of the main game window and it shows up on the other if that is set to 2. It's not seen by other players, though, as far as I can see.