Keelah

Fox's Arma Server Tool Extended Rewrite (FASTER)

Im looking to activate the sog prairie fire dlc through this launcher and i am unable to do so, can i get some help please?

In the Steam updater page you must select Creator DLC branch, then under the performance tab put -mod=vn; in command line arguments.

• Like 1

Technically speaking it can do both using STEAMCMD if you configure it

On 7/19/2021 at 11:57 AM, Rockapes said:

Technically speaking it can do both using STEAMCMD if you configure it

Is there a tutorial?

All you have to do is configure the Steam login details, then add the Steam Workshop mod IDs or import a playlist. After that you can create your own modlists from the subscribed workshop items

Edit: I will try to come up with something with pictures later but right now unable to

Edited by Rockapes

why i am getting the wrong password error but i am using the fuckin right credencials?? deleted steam guard, changed pass, NADA, NOTHING. still insists that the fuckin password is wrong and stucks the  tool !!

There is an issue with SteamCMD lately. You should try reinstalling it

I am not sure what I am doing wrong but i keep getting "signature mismatch" for all the mods I add to the server?

On 9/20/2021 at 7:30 PM, menderus said:

I am not sure what I am doing wrong but i keep getting "signature mismatch" for all the mods I add to the server?

Did you copy the bikey files of mods into the server´s keys folder?

On 9/24/2021 at 12:36 PM, Lagussi said:

Did you copy the bikey files of mods into the server´s keys folder?

On 9/20/2021 at 7:30 PM, menderus said:

This is not the problem - the problem is based on how many mods you have loaded. If you get the mismatch of the signature, you have to extend the setting for the steamProtocolMaxDataSize (server.cfg).

Try to increase that value in steps of 1024. Default it is 1024 - we got 3072 because we are loading more then 20 mods.

Hey Guys,

Is there a way to stop the Faster application from resetting my config files?  Both the Server.cfg and my basic.cfg keep resetting and I lose some of my custom changes.

Thanks for any help.

Quick question: does FASTER set allowedLoadFileExtensions? If so, where can I add to this? Or is it something that is switched off as a default? (I'm running a small-scale private server for biweekly games.)

On 10/7/2021 at 4:04 PM, HumaineNZ said:

Hey Guys,

Is there a way to stop the Faster application from resetting my config files?  Both the Server.cfg and my basic.cfg keep resetting and I lose some of my custom changes.

Thanks for any help.

4 hours ago, thirith said:

Quick question: does FASTER set allowedLoadFileExtensions? If so, where can I add to this? Or is it something that is switched off as a default? (I'm running a small-scale private server for biweekly games.)

Both of you can place any commands you need to use in the Server.cfg  in the mission override text field like this for example:

class Missions {
    class Mission_0 {
        template = "mission.Altis";
        difficulty = "custom";
    };
};
zeusCompositionScriptLevel=2;

/*

the /* will comment out the rest of the file so if you have any HC or other settings below this in the file make sure you put the configs for them in here as well.

as for the Basic.cfg what are you changing manually that isnt already in FASTER?

There may be a fix for thins in the next version.

Hello Keelah,

thank you for supporting Faster ! 

I have two quick questions:

- in my community, I don't think we have a steam account for the dedicated server (not needed as far as I know). How would that impact the way Faster is working ?

- we are using different modset. The may issue from switching from one to another is handling the keys folder. Is that handled automatically by Faster ?

I also noticed, on my PC, that my workshop mods have the status "Update required" while they are properly synced by the WS (ie already up to date).

Many thanks !

On 11/13/2021 at 12:05 AM, WarhammerActual said:

Hello , I just had a question for the dev , if I wanted to add this parameter  

Would I put it in command line arguments https://imgur.com/a/Ow54v0p

Yes

On 11/13/2021 at 10:37 AM, 1212PDMCDMPPM said:

Hello Keelah,

thank you for supporting Faster ! 

I have two quick questions:

- in my community, I don't think we have a steam account for the dedicated server (not needed as far as I know). How would that impact the way Faster is working ? 

- we are using different modset. The may issue from switching from one to another is handling the keys folder. Is that handled automatically by Faster ?

I also noticed, on my PC, that my workshop mods have the status "Update required" while they are properly synced by the WS (ie already up to date).

Many thanks !

It's OK as long as you don't update while playong

Different keysets is not supported YET

• Thanks 1

Mind you I am not very active in the forums

I am on the Discord server tho

providing the steam login and password in a third party program sends chills down my spine although i know the reason why it is necessary. really unnerving to anyone.

a great little tool you have here but there seems to be some hangups. it refused to recognize any cdlc at all while i was trying to run a sog server. hitting the steamcmd update button one time on accident then deleted arma 3 entirely from my computer and removed every steam install from my steam account (i have 4 across different hard drives). after some agonizing hours i was able to undo the damage, but i could see a lesser man losing his mind. it also will show workshop mods as being out of date when they are, in fact, current.

very convenient when it works (especially for headless clients) but i think it needs a little more polish and some more control for the end user, like being able to directly modify the entire command line argument being run with the game exe. i hope you keep working on it and improving it. its a vital tool.

New MAJOR release today !

Update 1.8b

Changelog :

Added :

• UI Fixes - NEW MODS SYSTEM
  • NEW MOD DOWNLOAD SYSTEM (Bye SteamCMD)
  • NEW MOD DEPLOYLENT SYSTEM - NEW SERVER UPDATE
  • Theme Customization (bugged but available)

Fixes :

• HCs have their own profiles
  • Fixed password encryption
  • Fixed local keys copy
  • DLC supports
  • multi-DLC support
  • Mod URI parsing
  • Various Crashes

NOTE : If you need a 32 bit version, contact me directly

IMPORTANT NOTE : Please read the Wiki

GitHub link

• Like 2

Hi everyone, I've hit something of a brick wall. I just finished building my new server, having reinstalled the OS and everything and apart from an old HDD failing setting me back a few hours, it's going well.

I'm using Faster 1.7C and the server refuses to load contact platform. I've followed the Faster install instructions without issue, steamCMD ran without issue. I have a folder called servers, created by Faster that has the contact folder that has all the EBOs, but clients see a red dot next to the server when it starts. Attempting to join gets the message session lost - air_contact_f.EBO not found.  Server RPT says similar.

I have tried Faster 1.8 with the same result. 1.8's mod deployment system does away with steamCMD but seemed a little weird to me, so I went back to 1.7C.

As I had this working just fine on my old server box, I'm confused and my players are getting impatient.

All help gratefully received - I've been messing with this all day.

Edit.. When the server is running and I find it using the server browser in the client game launcher (before starting the game), that shows the server as running Contact Platform. I don't understand

Edit2: If I join the server from the server browser in the client game launcher, it just launches the Contact game.

its not working , mass download just downloads a bunch of 0s and finaly gives manifest error, mods download works only if i try to download 1 mod at a time, mass download gets only 0s...now i have the directory structure but all folders inside arma 3 are empty...what to do???

please help with this
Connecting to Steam as alex200037
Failed! Error: Client is faulted and cannot be used: Error code: InvalidPassword
Warning: The logon may have failed due to expired sentry-data.
If you are sure that the provided username and password are correct, consider deleting the .bin and .key file for the user "alex200037" in the sentries directory.C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Temp\.net\FASTER \h1zsoajs.1nn\\sentries

but the password is correct and my steam guard is not connected, I don’t know what to do anymore, there is nothing on the path that is indicated