Keelah

Fox's Arma Server Tool Extended Rewrite (FASTER)

This is going to be the most unreproducable bug report ever. 🙂

My dedicated server is here, next to me and I use remote desktop to access it.

When I first look at the FASTER interface using RD, it all looks fine.

If I shut down RD and reconnect, the text of the names of the server profiles on the main menu, turn black and is very hard to read.ca3eef7206.png

Now I'm not sure if this is related to remote desktop, I've seen no other applications do things like this on that machine. I'm running the version you released a day or two ago and both this and the previous version show this behaviour.

Any thoughts?

This is an issue I had a few times and yeah, I genuinely have no idea why.
I managed to reproduce this bug but I think it's due to RDP.
Maybe it's an error when converting the color of the profile names but IDK

• Thanks 2

Ok, well it's not just me. I take some small comfort from that  🙂

• Like 1

I get the same issue as well.

edit: Just want to say FASTER is by far the best way to manage a dedicated server.

• Like 1

Hi @Keelah,I've got a couple of things on my mind. 🙂

First, can we have an 'open RPT button' that opens the rpt file in the default application? FAST used to have it and I miss it.

Also, FASTER only allows us to set custom difficulty for tactical ping to zero or one - off or on. The game allows it to be set to 2, which renders the tactical ping on everyones map as well as in the main screen. Could FASTER allow that too please?

*correction* the tactical ping doesn't appear on everyones map when it's set to two, only the person who pings it, but nevertheless, a useful tool I'd lve to have.

I can edit the profileoutput from within FASTER to make it work, by the way, just the application dropdown box doesn't have the option.

On 11/6/2020 at 11:37 AM, Tankbuster said:

First, can we have an 'open RPT button' that opens the rpt file in the default application? FAST used to have it and I miss it. 

To answer that, intel says that the button was rarely used by very few users and was quite a buggy feature. I removed it to clear up the UI a bit.
You can easily open your profile folder by right-clicking the profile name on the bottom since 1.7. If enough people require that feature again, I will add it back.

On 11/6/2020 at 11:37 AM, Tankbuster said:

Also, FASTER only allows us to set custom difficulty for tactical ping to zero or one - off or on. The game allows it to be set to 2

I haven't see that feature on the wiki. I'll search that a bit and see about it. Should not be difficult to change tho

Thanks for all that feedback !

3 minutes ago, Keelah said:

To answer that, intel says that the button was rarely used by very few users and was quite a buggy feature. I removed it to clear up the UI a bit.
You can easily open your profile folder by right-clicking the profile name on the bottom since 1.7. If enough people require that feature again, I will add it back.

I haven't see that feature on the wiki. I'll search that a bit and see about it. Should not be difficult to change tho

Thanks for all that feedback !

Ah, right click the profile! That will do just fine, thank you.

The tactical ping thing isn't documented here, but I promise it works. In fact, you can tactical ping in either the map of the main game window and it shows up on the other if that is set to 2. It's not seen by other players, though, as far as I can see.

Hello @Keelah 

Thank you for keeping the program up to date.

We updated the program on our server without following the forum and the profiles did not appear. So I went back to the forum and saw the maintenance tool.

I performed the maintenance and the profiles came back. But the mission databases saved locally (ALiVE and Liberation) were not saved after the backup.

I have the backup of the Servers folder. Is there anything I can do to re-import the databases for these missions?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

This is not possible without a bit of tweaking.
Depending on how the mission is using its database it might be even trickier.

Usually, you'll wan to copy the ArmaProfile.vars file from the old profile to the new and rename it. Might work

How do i delete server profiles? I don't see anyway or am i blind

Thanks for good server tool btw :)

wrong the Difficulty Parameter.

Difficulty "Custom" setting by "class CustomDifficulty". not "class Custom".

In addition, you can set the difficulty level to a fixed value by adding "forcedDifficulty = <Difficulty>;" to server.cfg.

Note: that "Custom" can also be specified here. The content is the same as the class CustomDifficulty.

On 12/13/2020 at 5:46 AM, Hudee said:

How do i delete server profiles? I don't see anyway or am i blind

Thanks for good server tool btw :)

1. Select the profile you want to delete

2. Right click the profile name at the bottom of the "Profile" window.

3. Select "Delete Profile" from the popup list.

Hey @Keelah,

Thanks for this tool... It's incredibly useful!

I do have a request, though. Could you please increase the number of headless clients that the launcher will spawn? I run my Dedicated server on a computer with Dual 12 core Xeon processors with 64GB RAM (Soon to be upgraded to 128GB.)
I have processor power to spare and the limit of 5 clients doesn't use all my cores.

Sorry for the late reply @CRCError1970 I am much more active on Discord and rarely check the forums
Headless limit should increase for next update (1.8). TBH, users rarely use that many HCs so I never thought I'd have to increase the limit

• Thanks 1

(also I hope the admins will pin this topic with the others like FAST2 and TADST)

• Like 1

Edit 2: Fix was to raise steam protocol max data size steam protocol max data size to 8192 (were 2048). Since then we can download and use mods to our hearts content again.

---- 

Edit: Reported the issue to github repro as demanded in the first post.

----

Hello, 

I've run into a problem that renders the server invisible on the Arma Launcher:

* If I have more than 31 mods installed

AND/OR

* If I have more than 30 mods activated for a single server execution

In both ways, the server can't be found through the launcher but is still connectable with "Direct Connect". This could be reproduced on two separate machines. We are using the 1.7b H3 version on both. Let me know if I can provide more pieces of information.

Thank you for any help.

On 3/31/2021 at 1:06 AM, Keelah said:

(also I hope the admins will pin this topic with the others like FAST2 and TADST)

report on your post with the request and ask kindly. 😉 

@B.Miller   THis is due to a Steam API limitation. You need to increase the value of the SteamProtocolMaxDataSize

• Thanks 1

Hello,

I love this application to death, but i have one pet peeve with it.

If a mod is too large (multiple gb) sometimes it decides to 'timeout' the download process and i have to click download on that specific mod to get it to update. Sometimes multiple times. Usually only for the first time i download the mod (not on updating). Is this due to a timeout feature?

Is there an ETA on updating the client so the new Prairie Fire DLC is selectable? Currently not able to run a server without this.

On 5/3/2021 at 6:32 AM, Ztrack said:

If a mod is too large (multiple gb) sometimes it decides to 'timeout' the download process and i have to click download on that specific mod to get it to update. Sometimes multiple times. Usually only for the first time i download the mod (not on updating). Is this due to a timeout feature? 

This is due to a steamCMD limitation and there is nothing I can do to fix it. SteamCMD is simply unable to download more than 1Gb at a time. I am working on 1.8 to get rid of SteamCMD and switch to a new solution, fixing all issues, hopefully.

On 5/8/2021 at 5:32 AM, Crierd said:

Is there an ETA on updating the client so the new Prairie Fire DLC is selectable? Currently not able to run a server without this. 

No ETA sadly. I am having a lot of work with 1.8 release and still much to do before it's done and stable. But when it's out, all DLCs should be suupported. In the meantime, consider using the extra commandline arguments. Also, join the discord, the commuynity might find a solution to your issue

I am much more active on Discord than on the forum. I often miss notifications here but I'm always active on FASTER's discord server.