Keelah

Fox's Arma Server Tool Extended Rewrite (FASTER)

Keelah, I just have to say amazing work. FASTER IMO is certainly the premier server hosting tool. thank you so much for keep up the support and work. This is a must for all server owners.

• Like 1

@jacojazz
It is a planned feature but for now I have absolutely NO idea how.

@rekkless
I am so happy to hear that. That's the kind of message that keep me going

• Like 1

@Keelah Sorry to bother you again, but everytime I try and boot FASTER it just shows the splash screen then nothing? The process just stops?

Edit: After deleting the folder in Local appdata it boots again, but crashes every time you click settings.

Ive run FASTER once however now when I try to run it after answering yes to the 'do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?' prompt nothing happens.

Any ideas how I can fix this? running windows 10 if it makes a difference.

Recopy the FASTER files back across, I found windows 10 for some reason was removing some .dlls after it ran. NOT encountered on latest version

Thanks for the reply Rockapes.

I have updated to the latest windows version and checked I have the latest release of FASTER unfortunately I am getting the same result, no error code to work from.

Should there be a DLL file in the FASTER zip? I only have faster.exe and faster.pdb

^^ Did you start with one of the original versions which had all the DLL files etc in?  TBH Im not sure if I am doing it correctly, but I have always started with an older version then just replaced the "new" FASTER.exe and had no issues

FASTER is not working with error codes.

You'll see the crashlogs in the Windows Event Viewer Under Windows Logs/Application

Some antivirus end up corrupting FASTER's folder and break it. I'm still trying to figure out a solution.
I also noticed some users have crashes when their config files have been improperly edited.

• Like 1

MY event log when it happens says that FASTER.deps.json dependency is missing "lib/net40/AutoUpdater.Net.Official" "1.5.8", but the odd thing is when I edit the deps.json it shows 1.5.6 / 1.5.7 NOT 1.5.8.

Edit: Going back to 1.5d fixed everything for me

On 4/17/2020 at 7:04 PM, Keelah said:

FASTER is not working with error codes.

You'll see the crashlogs in the Windows Event Viewer Under Windows Logs/Application

Some antivirus end up corrupting FASTER's folder and break it. I'm still trying to figure out a solution.
I also noticed some users have crashes when their config files have been improperly edited.

Thanks for the reply. Windows Event Viewer reported FASTER.DLL was missing in the temp directory. In the end I just deleted the AppData\Local\Temp\.net\FASTER directory and ran FASTER again. It rebuild all the DLL's and is now working again. Ive saved a copy of the folder and the DLL'S to be sure.

Thanks @Mack. I didn't even think to check that folder. Will try that with 1.6 version, cheers

• Like 1

Just wanted to say thanks, FASTER has saved so much time messing around with the command line and text editors

• Like 1

Hey, first off - nice work on the program. Good job on that.

As for questions. Is there a way to have separate key folders for different servers on one machine? Just so servers have separate mods with Sig 2?

- I should / should've added: Yes, there is a separate install of A3 with its own mods - as this was the only way I could figure this would work. Additionally using a second - different version of FASTER to control that other installation.

Edited by Trixity
Added information, removed apologetic text.
  • Like 1

There is support for the development branch. Does that mean the profiling branch? Or does FASTER not support that one?

On 5/3/2020 at 1:43 AM, B.Miller said:

There is support for the development branch. Does that mean the profiling branch? Or does FASTER not support that one? 

I'm working on it, actually. It's being tested by a few users already

• Like 1

Edited Discord Link in the first post

• Thanks 1

Feature Request: Can you please add a feature to blacklist mods? I cannot figure out how to do it, and I'm sure once I do it'll still just be easier to have a tool built into FASTER to do it.

On 4/18/2020 at 10:09 PM, Mack. said:

Thanks for the reply. Windows Event Viewer reported FASTER.DLL was missing in the temp directory. In the end I just deleted the AppData\Local\Temp\.net\FASTER directory and ran FASTER again. It rebuild all the DLL's and is now working again. Ive saved a copy of the folder and the DLL'S to be sure.

Thanks, this solved the problem for me too.

@Keelah 

Hello and congratulations on the initiative to support the program used as a base.

I got some unforeseen events using the FASTER:

1) We are a community that brings together several clans that play missions of different styles on pre-scheduled days / times.
Thus, we created several profiles in the programs that we use to start the missions (until then, still TADST), but we noticed that from the 3rd preset recorded in FASTER, it does not use the pre-established name for the server, but the machine name on the network.
We performed some tests: Cloning a base profile created, from the 3rd profile it uses the full name of the network it is in. Already creating a profile from scratch, we tested up to the 4th profile and the server name worked correctly.

2) HTML MODs: If possible, you could put an option similar to that of importing MODs for download but on the tab for selecting MODs for the server / player. With that, having a .HTML would be able to import the list of MOD's from the mission. (without having to hunt MOD to MOD in a list with more than 100)

3) I believe it is just a visual failure of the remote access to the server, but it does not hurt to report: in the MOD's tab, some times we noticed that the MOD's count number sometimes disappeared, sometimes it was setting 0 even if there was MOD Selected.

Again, we at CCT and the Combat Zone appreciate the maintenance of this tool.

On 5/18/2020 at 1:49 AM, Arghbra said:

2) HTML MODs: If possible, you could put an option similar to that of importing MODs for download but on the tab for selecting MODs for the server / player. With that, having a .HTML would be able to import the list of MOD's from the mission. (without having to hunt MOD to MOD in a list with more than 100)

It is planned. I'm having a shitload of work right now and don't have much time for FASTER. But it's a planned feature.
I'm actually working on remarking the whole Profile system and its view so... Yeah. Lots of work and lots of rework

I have a problem that may or may not be related to FASTER.

The application won't run properly. When I double click it, the logo appears then nothing. It's not in task manager.

Any ideas, anyone?

11 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

I have a problem that may or may not be related to FASTER.

The application won't run properly. When I double click it, the logo appears then nothing. It's not in task manager.

Any ideas, anyone?

Have you check event log to see if it is producing the .net error? If so and error is occuring then delete the "FASTER" folder as mentioned above and issue hopefully will be rectified

• Like 1