biggerdave

EasyFIA for Global Mobilization

Classic Style Resistance for Global Mobilization

Features:

• Randomized Headgear
  • At least 3 new uniforms
  • Full suite of vehicles (including your very own Command Beetle!)
  • Custom Emblems and Font
  • Svelte 6.5MiB archive, and 9.6MiB modfolder. Small enough to fit on 10 (and a bit) BBC microcomputer floppy disks!

Currently Requires both Global Mobilization and either the Dev Branch or Release Candidate.

Download Links:

Current: (0.2.0/20190721)

Steam Workshop

4Shared

Legacy: (0.1.0/20190719)

4Shared (beware, here be Dragons those awful adverts that cover most free file hosting sites nowadays)

Screenshots:

W1DmFS4.jpg

"12 o'clock, enemy, APC, I'm detecting notes of rolled steel, and, mmm, is that diesel?"

"Sir, that is not how you use binoculars! Sir! Sir!"

DrdyLYk.jpg

"Psst, hey kid, wanna buy some 100mm HE shells?"

IgToi28.jpg

"Ugh! T-tell my Wife... I think... I left the back gate unlocked..."

5uXSYVb.jpg

"Brum! Brum! Buda-buda-buda-buda"
  • Like 7

Some buddies and I were pining for the old Resistance days just recently, too! This'll be a fine addition to the collection once Contact goes live, thanks!

...It'd be a fine addition sooner but getting 20-odd people to use the dev branch is like herding cats. grumble grumble...

I think the vehicles are great. Really nice job on these.

The camo textures on the troops...could be improved.

My opinion.

10 hours ago, C.T said:

I think the vehicles are great. Really nice job on these.

The camo textures on the troops...could be improved.

My opinion.

In my defence, it's really difficult to mess up vehicle retextures with GM.

I'll have another look at the infantry textures before the full release. There are a few things (ok, quite a lot things) with them I'm not particularly happy with, but I've found if I try to make everything perfect, I end up never releasing anything! (hmm... all those "emojis", and there's no embarrassed face... don't they know shame is the only emotion I'm capable of feeling?)

Its a great pack so far. The uniforms just need some lovin. I will definitely be using these.

Maybe some more head gear variants too.

Posted a minor update, adding (some) stringtables and slightly adjusting infantry textures.

The translations are a mix of "this probably makes sense" cut together from BI's translations, and Google Translate, so a lot are probably wrong. (particularly concerned about the Japanese and Korean - for some reason google translate insists on translating certain terms to wildly different terms and I'm missing some Korean transliterations). Vehicles aren't included right now.

(Apologies for the wrong section mods - my understanding was beta addons weren't supposed to be in the 'complete' section!)

17 hours ago, C.T said:

Maybe some more head gear variants too. 

Unfortunately, I don't have access to templates for GM's headgear, so that'll either have to wait until GM's data is decrypted, or their team update the sample data. I did consider including some reworked vanila stuff, but I want to try and keep 2035 content to a minimum.

Totally understandable and keeping it just cold war gear is ideal. The less vanilla the better.

On 7/21/2019 at 2:44 PM, biggerdave said:

(Apologies for the wrong section mods - my understanding was beta addons weren't supposed to be in the 'complete' section!)

Thread was moved as you have a release, if there was no release it would have stayed in the discussion section of the forums :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I don't have access to templates for GM's headgear, so that'll either have to wait until GM's data is decrypted, or their team update the sample data. I did consider including some reworked vanila stuff, but I want to try and keep 2035 content to a minimum.

If you need the headgear perhaps drop by their discord and ask?

Pushed the first major update to the workshop, adding a winter faction. There are also two new uniforms for the woodland faction and a minor rework of the Iltis texture.

Here's some screenshots:

46AvGLo.jpg

UAaYE3C.jpg

GAdO2gf.jpg

UXcBacU.jpg

(Terrain is CUP's winter Chernarus)

As a publicity gimmick for this update, I have utilized my newly constructed psychic beacon to subtly adjust the noosphere. The winterized T55 has now replaced the lorry of a popular brand of soft drink as the vehicle that rolls into your town to signify the arrival of the Christmas season.

• Like 2

I have updated this mod. Pray I do not update it further.

Changenotes: (Also I dropped a stealth update shortly after the last one, so technically I've updated it twice. I've included the notes for that too, since I didn't put them here before.)

Ver 0.4.0 (20191116)
-New hats!
--4 new side cap variants
--9 new field cap variants
--No more DDR and BRD badges
--Many new and exciting shades of greyish green
-Reworked hat management.
-Slightly toned down jigsaw pattern.
-Rebuilt editor previews again. (Why? Because I hate myself.)

Ver 0.5.0 (20191204/R20191212)
-T55 variants! (T55, T55A and T55AK)
-PT76B (and groups!)
-Tweaked mismatched and T55 groups to use new tanks
--T55 platoon has one T55AK, one T55A and two T55s
--T55 section has T55AK and T55
--Mismatched platoon has T55AK, T55, BMP1 and PT76
--Mismatched section has T55AK and BMP1
-Swapped some weapons with new Polish/Russian ones
--Every other KM-72 replaced with AKM (excluding folding rifles)
--RPG and RPK replaced with wooden version
-Reduced number of mines carried by engineers
-Updated Ural 4320 texturesources.
-Tweaked Alpine uniform texture
-Tweaked winter textures
-New webbing & backpack textures
-Fixed filled backpacks appearing in arsenal.
-Removed, readded, then hid the new beret.
-Added Marksman (SVD)
-Added K125 (ok, technically this was added in the first version, but commented out because it wasn't working right)
-Rebuilt editor previews again (hey, if you're fed up of how much a PITA this is, grab 'David's Batch Converter' for GIMP.2 - cut the time taken to convert 80-odd 1920x1080 pngs to 455x256 jpgs from, like, two hours to a few seconds... and YES, I was doing it manually before. I know. I'm an idiot.)

(And I just noticed I've misspelt 'converter' as 'convertor' in all the other changelogs...)

Oh, and if you're in the UK, go and vote. If you've already voted, go and vote again. The more you vote the more democracy there is. That's just science, that is.

• Thanks 2

Ignoring the advice of the old sage, you journey back through the dark forest.

In a moonlight clearing, you encounter a man in full business attire, wearing sunglasses.

He says nothing, but only hands you a briefcase, then disappears down a hidden pathway.

Inside you find a hard disc, seemingly aged by centuries, if not millennia.

Curiosity takes the better of you, and you connect it to your computer.

On the disk you find this update to EasyFIA for Global Mobilization.

n9twZP2.jpg

HztOOOM.jpg

iWGPg0D.jpg

2iXMvME.jpg

EgdcPD3.jpg

Primary change in this update is the addition of two new factions, on red and blue. Vaguely based around the idea of explicitly NATO/Warpac backed groups.

I've also added a few vehicles to Apex Syndicate faction, because... shrugs.

Sadly it seems the mysterious figure in the woods hasn't visited all of you (yet) so you may need to follow this Steam Workshop Link to get your copy. (I forget if I mentioned, I'm giving up on uploading to 4shared, because only 3 people have downloaded it through there, and it's a massive PITA to do. Also, I'm pretty sure at least 2 of those people were me testing to make sure the link works.)

• Like 2

Cool update and a post that made me chuckle too. :rthumb:

• Like 1

Coming up on our 1 year anniversary! How romantic!

I know times haven't been the easiest lately, but here, I got you this small update, it's not much, but... it's the thought that counts, right?

BXPFcks.jpg

Changes of Note:

-'Mogs

-Bikes

-Ma Deuce (and it's not just the version added in Old Man, it's been... augmented!)

-Generic vehicle skins

-Vehicle skins no longer tied to specific factions (meaning, if you want to use the red and blue striped vehicles on the green faction, for whatever reason, you now can)

• Like 1